“Fantastic meal” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 340 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Description: Causal fine dinning with a Cajun twist. Reservations encouraged.
Fort Myers
“Fantastic meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

We had a fantastic meal and experience at Slate's. The food was outstanding, including the appetizers, seafood entrees and even dessert. The atmosphere was perfect for my wife and I and my boss and his wife to share a meal and socialize. I would highly recommend!

Visited March 2014

Cape Coral, Florida
“Laissez les bons temps rouler”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

If you can't get to New Orleans but want to experience some of their signature dishes, give Slate's a try. Two in our party had the gumbo and I had the crawfish etouffee. Last time I had that it was made by a true cajun in Breaux Bridge, LA - the crawfish capitol of the world. I can honestly say Slate's was almost that good. The waitress had warned me it was spicy which it was however it was the 'good' type of spicy rather than just adding more hot sauce to kick up the heat. The flavors melded into a wonderful, memorable meal. There was also a rounded loaf of crusty bread which went well with our entrees. We had three appetizers: the crab cake which was all crab - no filler, broiled oysters with parmesan, garlic and white wine and fried oysters tostados. All were delicious altho small portions. As an after dinner drink our choice was the milk punch - all I can say about that is...yum! Service was excellent and all in all it was a wonderful night out.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“OMG wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Food exquisite. Staff professional , attentive, engaging and delightful. All the combinations for an incredible night of fine dining

Visited February 2014
Seville, Ohio
“Nice Restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

We went to Slate's last night to try it out after reading the great reviews in the newspaper. The atmosphere was good, drinks were reasonable. My wife had the Slate's chicken and I had their seafood alfredo. The chicken was so-so; the sauce was thick / starchy while the chicken didn't have much taste. Perhaps it was just the quality of stock that was served yesterday and not their standard fare. My seafood alfredo was good - plenty of shrimp, crab and fish. Our friends had the cajun gumbo and it was excellent.

We will go back and try it again.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cape Coral, Florida
“Went to Slate's for lunch and wow...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Went to Slate's for lunch and wow it was good. Had the Gumbo and excellent. Enjoyed it very much. Nice portion. A little pricy, but good food is worth the price. Waitress was a little too overbearing, but nothing major. Surely feel that this is a place to keep trying.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Slatescapecoral, Owner at Slate's, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Thank you for sharing your recent visit to Slates. We are always looking to utilize the best, freshest product available. I hope you have the opportunity to join us for dinner. Again many thanks for your review and we'll see y'all soon. Allan & Nancy