“Gumbo was awesome” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 319 restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Caribbean, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner
Description: Causal fine dinning with a Cajun twist. Reservations encouraged.
“Gumbo was awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

My wife and I went there Saturday night which was pretty busy. I had a cup of gumbo and the chicken and dumplings. It was just wonderful. My wife had the ettoufee and said it was excellent. Our waiter was very friendly and did a excellent job. Oh yeah and we got home made bread baked in a flower pot. Yummy. Can't wait to get back however I can't decide whether to just settle for a bowl of gumbo period.....or....... no wait there are too many other interesting things to try.

92% Recommend
Cape Coral, Florida
“Best New Orleans Syle Food in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We have visited this establishment a couple of time recently. The Fair is always fresh and the staff very pleasant and hospitable. Food is exceptionally good. Pricing is mid to high for the area, but you always leave feeling you got a good deal for the service and quality of food you paid for. If you are looking for McDonalds pricing for the high end meals, you may want to stick to McDonalds. If you want a great meal, this is the place for you.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fabulous Find, Won't stay secret for long!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

My husband and I discovered this terrific restaurant by accident, and are we ever glad we did! Had the best Gumbo that I have ever had (been to New Orleans numerous times and this place has it all over the Big Easy) The staff was unbelievably pleasant, restaurant was clean. I'd say an all over 5 Star experience. Can't wait to go back and try their Sunday Brunch, heard the Blood Mary's are superb!

“I'll be back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I live in Cape Coral and would recommend this restaurant based on my experience and that of the other 9 ladies that went to lunch there yesterday. The food was excellent, the décor very nice. I think they still have a few starting pains to get past, but I'm sure they will. I had the mardi gras burger and it was excellent and my friends an assortment of Cajun dishes and they were all raving about them. I was afraid to try the Cajun only because I wasn't sure of the amount of spice, but after hearing the comments around the table, I will the next time I'm there. The down side was no bread or crackers served with any of the soups or stews served to my friends; they seem unnerved at the prospect of 10 separate checks, the meals came out at different times, although not bad enough to for anyone to get upset about it. Plus side they did allow us to bring in a birthday cake with us and were quite helpful with it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“A Must!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Living in Cape Coral we have many restaurants to choose from. While visiting the market next door we noticed this place. Later that evening we went back and had dinner at Slate's, it was amazing. I had the seafood pasta (spicy hot) and husband the short ribs. We went back again last night and again it was very good, we had the scallops and the special of the night. Service was excellent both times.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere