“Fall Off the Bone Ribs!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #94 of 359 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cape Coral, Florida
“Fall Off the Bone Ribs!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Hubby and I like good barbecue and good country music, and you get both when you eat at Rib City. I had the pulled pork dinner (comes with garlic bread, and I chose fries and baked beans for my sides). I slathered my pork with the sweet sauce (they have two other flavors of sauce on the table) and I was in hog heaven! The fries were also perfect (I don't like it when it's too salty or overcooked)... instead of ketchup I used the sweet BBQ sauce! Not wanting to make a pig of myself ;), I took home half the pork and most of my beans for another wonderful meal. The beans had a wonderful sweet taste. What a bargain for $10.

My sole mate chose the Friday special, half a rack of ribs and jumbo fried shrimp (comes with garlic bread, and he chose baked beans and coleslaw as sides). He is a rib fanatic, so he has had ribs in many restaurants, but this Cape Coral Rib City is a standout. He commented to our excellent server, Christine, that the ribs would actually not rate high in a rib cooking contest because they are so tender and fall-off-the-bone. She said she has yet to eat ribs that come close to theirs, and she thinks it's because they smoke the ribs before they cook them.

We were seated by the entrance on a Friday evening and were surprised at how brisk the take out business was, but it's not surprising when you think about it. Rib City also caters, and the kind of food they have would be great to bring to a potluck. Sure, people like pizza at football parties, but bring some tender Rib City ribs and some smoky chicken legs next time, and you'll be worshipped as a god! :)

This Rib City is conveniently located in a Publix shopping mall on Hancock Bridge near Santa Barbara, so you can have a nice lunch or dinner and do some shopping afterwards.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Cape Coral, Florida
“Okra!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This Rib City is always good. We bring different family members here when they visit. We love the fried okra, it's hard to find that in a restaurant around here. Good place for lunch too. MMM

• Visited July 2013