“You just gotta try it!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery
Cape Coral
“You just gotta try it!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Ok, so before we try an evening meal at a restaurant we always try it at lunch to kinda get a feel of the place. So, with that said, we were looking for a new pizza joint and looked to tripadvisor to see if anything new popped up on the screen. And guess what, Dante's Coal Fired Pizza. We looked at the reviews from the many online reviews and they were all EXCELLENT rated. So we figured why not.
We arrived around 12.30pm on a Wednesday and were promptly seated. There was only 1 other person in the place. Upon being seated we were met by Lucy who was very pleased to assist us in our visit. While looking at the menu, Lucy explained the menu and her favorites. She especially recommended the coal roasted chicken wings so we ordered 10 to give them a try. While waiting on the wings we ordered a bottle of their best Chianti Riserva which turned out to be an excellent choice.
The wings arrived and we found them to be different but very flavorful to say the least. The skin was very crispy from being cooked next to the coal fire which provided another layer of flavor. My bride an I each ordered our own small pizza. Each was cooked to perfection and the flavors exceeded expectations. I believe I could order some coal fired pizza dough, pizza sauce for dipping and a bottle of wine and that would satisfy me. However, back to the pizza. The mozzarella on the pizza probably had the most flavor I've ever tasted on a pizza and the plum tomato sauce was OUTSTANDING, my opinion of course.
So the question at hand is, will we be back, ABSOLUTELY.
If there was a negative, It would be nice to see a nice Italian draught beer since all the draught listed was very pedestrian.

“Impeccable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I would like to start of by saying that I was quite surprised by the atomosphere presented at Dante's there are so many pizza places in cape coral and none of them quite satisifed me in terms of appearance as Dante's did. As soon as you step inside you feel warm and welcomed. Depending on when you go if you go during the day you get a flood of natrual light and it works very well with the color inside Dante's. At night which is my favorite time to eat you are greeted with a nice soft light from the lights above. they are no flourecsent or LED so they do not have that super bright headache giving light you get from most restruants.

One of the things that makes Dante's unique is the fact that you can see the pizza being made right infront of you. They are cooked in Coal Fired brick ovens cleary presented behind a sheet of glass that presents not only the ovens but the toppings as well so you can watch your pizza at every step of the cooking process.

Another thing that surprised me was that everything is cooked in the ovens. Whether you are having the bread pudding or the italian grinder. As stated in another review someone did not like the wings which I have to disagree with personally because I am so tired of the usually "standard" of wings which to me is just sauce with chicken. Dante's wings are impeccable they do not come with any sauce or ranch or anything that dulls the seasoning that is used on them. So you really get the full taste of the wings which to my surprise were not dry on the inside and when I asked my waiter Freddie how this was possible he said that it is because of how the ovens cook them. Freddie who also works as a line cook on his days when he is not serving has cooked wings in the ovens multiple time said that the ovens sear the wings giving them a nice crisps outside and a nice jucy inside topped with onion also cooked in the ovens.

I have been to Dante's over 5 times since they have been open and have tried somethin new everytime. The pizza which is hand stretched also right infront of you is delicous. Their is just the right amount of crisp to them without that burnt taste we all know and hate. The toppings were very genorous and I feel for the fresh taste that comes with the pizza the price is quickly overlooked. Yes we all know Dominos can make you a large 14" pizza for 12 dollars but can they say that their toppings are fresh including the dough and never frozen? Didnt think so. My personal favorite is the Quattro Formaggi, which is a white pizza with mozzarella, gargonzola (blue cheese), fonita, provolone and a pesto sauce. I personally hate blue cheese but the way it is cooked on this pizza and the toppings that are used along with it really make it easily one of the best pizzas i've ever had.

Now everyone knows why they go out to eat. It's because they want to feel pampered by the staff as well as do none of the cooking or clean up. The first time I went into Dante's my waiter was Freddie and I've requested him every time I've been their. He is very knowledgable on the items on the menu and is very professional but not so much you cant have a conversation with him. The fact that I can have a normal conversation with the staff is wonderful it really makes you feel at home. I have had other waiters or waitresses other than Freddie when he is not working and I was just as impressed with them as I was with him. Even the bussers were friendly and proffesional I dont think my drink was ever empty thanks to them and my plates never sat empty on my table long which is nice to have a clean table and room to move and not have that ominous dirty plate and napkin sitting in front of you.

Over all I think this is one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten at and will deffinetally be there sometime this week and more times after that over and over again.

- J

“Best around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Best FOOD and service around by far!!! Most of the restaurants around Cape Coral try to be something they are not! The atmosphere here is great considering how places like the joint at cape harbour treat there customers and staff!! The girls here are also a plus!!!

“The best pizza ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

After reading the great reviews, I went to Dante's today for lunch with a friend. We shared a capricciosa pizza (tender bits of ham, artichoke hearts, roasted mushrooms, kalamata olives, pecorino cheese, with their traditional red sauce pizza). This was as good as any pizza I have ever had. I agree with the reviewer who said that you will want a larger pizza than you normally would order. I have never eaten more than two slices of a 14 inch pizza before but I confess that I ate three slices of this pizza before I stopped. The crust is thin and crispy and the toppings are just right for the crust. We can't wait to go back and try other delicious sounding things on the menu.

Cape Coral, Florida
“Amazing pizza and exceptional service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

This place has the best pizza! My favorite is the margarita pizza, I was told it is a popular choice! But when you go there, try the wings! They were my favorite, I could eat 50 of them. The service was great too! The hostess Sara was very welcoming and checked on us frequently! Anyone that steps foot in Cape Coral needs to visit Dante's.It is that good!