“Hidden gem!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Maria's Pizzeria And Italian Restaurant

Maria's Pizzeria And Italian Restaurant
1224 SE 46th Ln, Cape Coral, FL 33904 (Formerly Maria's Pizzeria & Restaurant)
+1 239-945-6006
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 359 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Pizza & Pasta, Pasta
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Full service Italian restaurant. Beer and Wine. Pizza and Entrees. Take out and delivery (limited delivery area.)
Toronto, Canada
“Hidden gem!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

What an unassuming little gem this place is. We were staying in Cape Coral for the weekend and went on trip advisor as we didn't want to go far but wanted to have Italian and dine with the kids. The people there were warm and friendly, service (especially our waiter Daniel) were excellent and very attentive.

The food was simply fantastic home cooked Italian served hot straight from the kitchen to our table. Everything from the ingredients used to the tomato sauces and even their ability to tailor the meal. I had been unable to find anywhere in southwest Florida during our 2 week stay, willing or able to prepare a 'puttanesca style' pizza. I asked at Maria's and they did it exactly as requested - thin crust, cheese and tomato with black olives, capers and anchovies - succulent!

Above all was the exceptional value which was so surprising. The portions are very generous. Our son had a 'small' cheese calzone which was less than $7 and he wasn't even able to finish half of it. My tailor made pizza with the freshest of ingredients was also a 'small' and I barely finished it. My wife had the lasagna and was equally pleased. The wine selection was limited but included some good choices - we had a basic super Tuscan for under $30. The place is a very simple but homey looking decor and really doesn't look like much from outside. However, this one goes to our recommendation list for friends and family who visit and vacation in the area. What a fantastic meal - we thoroughly enjoyed it!

Visited March 2014

Chicago
“Average at best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Ordered a delivery pizza from here on the strength of the reviews. We found it average, at best. Center was wet, crust was very moist/soggy. I've had frozen pizza that was as good. It wasn't "bad", but rather a disappointment given the reviews. If you desire a crisp crust, I'd look elsewhere.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
clifton park, ny
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I don't know what all the hype was about this restaurant. My husband and I were looking forward to our visit to Maria's but were very disappointed. The salad was lettuce with one cherry tomato, some raw onions and a lot of shredded mozzarella on top. I couldn't wait for some good Italian bread to be put on the table but got rolls (they were warm) instead. My husband had the soup which he said was nothing special. I had the seafood scampi, special of the day. I love scampi (aka garlic) but there was no garlic in this dish. It was a very bland combination of shrimp, scallops and crabmeat drenched in too much wine . My husband enjoyed his veal dinner, but again said it was ok. Sorry but we won't be going back.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
MariasOwner, Owner at Maria's Pizzeria And Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
As the owner of Maria's I appreciate all customer feed back whether it is positive reinforcement or helping us to improve in certain areas. I must say that I am truly saddened to here that I have lost your business. I hope you rescind your decision and allow us the opportunity to show you the quality that our twenty-two year exceptional reputation has been built on. Please feel free to call the restaurant at 239-945-6006 and make a reservation and we will be sure not to disappoint you. Truly yours, Alfonso and Kris.
Campobello, South Carolina
“Enjoyed it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

We found this place somewhat by accident. We would definitely go back when we visit !! The portions are large. The homemade tiramisu was delicious.

North Dakota
“Hidden Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

If you aren't looking for it odds are your not going to stumble across one of the Cape's better Mom & Pop style Italian restaurants. If your looking for linen table cloths and upscale dining experience this is not the place for you. However if you want good just like your grand ma made pasta and traditional Italian dishes Maria's is a must. Growing up in Philadelphia in an Italian family I am leery about eating Italian out, but much to my delight the food was great. The veal was tender and juicy, the sauce tasty and the bread...well, refer to the previous comment about being Italian. My husband had the special which on this night was Lobster Ravioli and loved it. Service was a little slow, in fact I think the waiter forgot to put our order in which would explain the random bowl of meatballs and his assuring us our food would be out soon. The wine list is limited but has enough variety and great wines to satisfy the majority of coinsures. The servers were all hustling but would stop to clear a plate or ask if you needed anything even though we were not their table.

• Visited February 2014