“Sakura service and quality has declined” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 340 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Cape Coral Japanese Steak House and Sushi Bar. Where VIP's can eat for free. Get VIP status on our website (it's free) We serve Hibachi Steak, chicken, fish, shrimp, lobster table side with our master Japanese Hibachi chefs (we are told they are pretty funny too!). Dine at our Sushi bar with master sushi chef's preparing all your favorites and some of the most delectable sushi rolls you may have never tried before. Our House specialty is our famous "FAT GIRL ROLL". What's a Fat Girl, Check out our menu on our website, we personally guarantee you will love it! We now feature the largest Sake Bar in all of S.W. Florida. Enjoy your sushi the way it was meant to be by pairing it with an exotic Sake selection. Come visit us and bring lots of friends, it's more fun that way!
Cape Coral, Florida
“Sakura service and quality has declined”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I have lived in Cape Coral for years and have gone to sakuras on a regular basis. The last visit was a horrible experience the management was rude the food was not up to par and they added a gratuity without telling us.

Visited January 2014

Cape coral
“Don't waste your money!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

The service at this place has gone downhill the past year. Service is TERRIBLE. Food quality is not as good as it used to be. Waitresses don't seem to know what they are doing and management does not seem to care about the customers, only the expensive overpriced bill they will have to pay before leaving. I will not be going back to eat there, which is sad because we have been customers there for almost ten years.

Visited January 2014
sakuracapecoral, Owner at Sakura Japanese Steak House & Sushi Bar, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
It is definitely sad to hear that we let a cusomer of 10 years get away. I am sure you have noticed over the past few years we have grown. We expanded our hours and doubled our staff. It doesnt surprise me that the service is different than before due to the fact that until about 4 years ago it was mostly family. I try not to use this as an exsuse but it seems we disappointed you. It is our challange to grow and at the same time keep the basics in tact. The original owners of 23 years are still present in the restaurant everyday and try to address evey issue with every guest as it comes up. Our flavors are still the same and I know your visit was a fluke. Please email me as I would love the opprotunity to get you back as a customer. sakuracapecoral@gmail.com.
Teet
Cape Coral, Florida, United States
“awesome food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

We have in the Cape for a year now and tried Sakura for the first time this evening. Everything was exceptional. The service was great and the food was awesome. I feel sure we will visiting here again soon. Very convenient as well since we live just down the street. Lived in Orlando for a while and visited a lot of Japanese steak houses there but this place beats them all hands down.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
sakuracapecoral, Owner at Sakura Japanese Steak House & Sushi Bar, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you so much. please let me know if we ever let you down. We try hard to be a local place where everybody is comfortable and has a fun time!!
Cape Coral, Florida
“Bad Business”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I took my mother for lunch. I had received a text message as a VIP customer from Sakura for a FREE roll and presented it to them. The OWNER of the restaurant didn't want to honor my coupon that HE sent!! He hassled my mother and I for over 10 minutes. Tried to have me buy something to make up for the FREE roll. He made us feel very uncomfortable. Then told my mother and I not to eat here if we are not going to buy something else. Don't send out messages for free rolls if you will not honor them.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Im sorry for your terrible experience at Sakura. This doesn't happen very often so I am at a loss for what to say. This is a family owned establishment. I hope the food was good and maybe one day find your way back. I do apologize.
Fort Myers, Florida
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Went to Sakura for the very first time. The food was fantastic and the wait staff was very friendly and eager to please. We will be going back again. Thank you for a great evening!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you!! Its hard to respond to good reviews. I hope you are an VIP and tell all your friends. Thanks again from all the sakura staff.