“Calzone for Dinner” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery
Concord, New Hampshire
“Calzone for Dinner”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

After reading such good reviews online, I wanted to give this place a try. The dough is decent, but my calzone was one of the worst I've had. With almost 2-3 cups of soupy ricotta inside, there was very little flavor. I ordered meat and found that in half of the large calzone it had 4 pepperoni pieces, a little sausage, and two pieces of deli ham. Maybe if they substituted 2/3 of the ricotta for pizza sauce and added Italian seasoning or oregano to the ricotta, and adjusted the ratio of "toppings" it would be good. Sadly, not what I was expecting. After I ordered, the owner mentioned the pizza is what they are known for... Maybe that's worth a try?

Cape Coral, Florida
“I got an undercooked pizza”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I ordered a large sauce and cheese pizza with ricotta topping and bacon, onion, jalapenos, and black olives.

Maybe there is something I don't know about adding ricotta topping to a sauce and cheese pizza, but when the pizza was delivered, the entire middle was undercooked so much, that when you pulled a slice of pizza out, literally- the middle half (center) of the pizza fell apart. I mean it was like wet pizza dough. I was so disappointed. If a slice of pizza can't stay together, something is wrong.

It's hard to find a good pizza place that offers ricotta topping, and I spent like $25 bucks for this pizza [if you include the delivery drivers tip], and I basically got a pizza box filled with slop. But I will say, after I refrigerated half the pizza for about 12 hours, the next day, the entire slice of pizza held together. So it's better as leftovers.

I'll never go back. I see a lot of other good reviews for this place on line, but I lost $25 going here. There's a few other places I'm going to try locally to see how they are.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Great Pizzeria”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

The restaurant immediately reminded us of some of the small, family owned pizzerias we would frequent in northeastern NJ. We tried a regular pie with pepperoni for our kids. Their signature pie (Escarole, Gorgonzola, Mozzarella, Garlic, and Roasted Red Peppers) sounded really unique so we tried one of those for ourselves. It was really excellent! Nice crust and great flavor. And the staff was very friendly as well. We'll definitely try them again.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bowmanville, Canada
“Delicious Delivery!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

House "signature" pie was escarole, garlic & red pepper-YUM! A little slow but well worth the wait. We had never been to the area before, so we relied on our Tripadvisor friends to steer us in the right direction, as usual, you came through. Thanks!

Visited March 2014
Cape Coral, Florida
“Best Pizza and Cannolli's around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

My husband and I have been to this family owned restaurant several times. We love the atmosphere and love the food. Straight up Italian. If you want to skimp on flavor and product, try the other "chains", but if your into flavor and good pizza, this is where you want to go.

The staff are friendly and the atmosphere is very family friendly. And don't forget the cannolli's. They are out of this world - delish!

Outstanding pizza and Italian food in the Cape.

• Visited October 2013