“"Cheers" with a twist” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Dek Bar

The Dek Bar
4704 SE 15th Ave, Cape Coral, FL 33904-9672 (Formerly The Dek)
+1 239-542-3745
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 314 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Bar, Pizza, Hamburgers, Chicken Wings
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Cape Coral Bar, The Dek Bar is the locals favorite hangout. Some call us a dive bar with Live Music & Happy Hours! - Open seven days a week, The Dek Bar is not trying to fool anyone, we are as casual as it gets, so come let loose & have fun, whether you are a biker or banker. We offer live entertainment and are open until 2:00am every night! At The Dek Bar, we are renowned for having the best late night bar in town. Our awesome bartenders are known for their strong pours and fast service. A smoke friendly environment, we always make sure you have a good time in our bar, and if you make it to midnight, then you'll get a free shot. There is never a dull moment at The Dek Bar!
cape coral
“"Cheers" with a twist”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

As Toby Keith put it "I love this bar, it's my kind of place. Just walkin through the front door puts a big smile on my face..." Yes, it's a dive bar, it's a locals hangout, it's smoker-friendly, it's everything the previous reviewers have said, but it's the daytime staff and regular crowd that are what makes the Dek the best bar in Cape Coral.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
TheDekBar, Manager at The Dek Bar, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for your kind words! We always appreciate awesome reviews like yours! Our bartenders and entire staff strives for perfection and it's reviews like yours that let us know we are on the right path! We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit!

Cape Coral, Florida
“Non-Smokers Beware”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

This review is based only on one visit for breakfast. We saw an ad for The Dek saying they had a breakfast buffet for $5.95. Since hubby and I love bargains, trying new restaurants, and eating breakfast out on Sundays, we decided to give this place a try. The parking lot is tiny. We were there shortly after they opened, but employees park in the lot, so it gets filled quickly.

Being summer, we opted for inside seating. Oddly, the choices for inside seating are either sit at the bar (lots of seating there) or sit at one of only two big round tables that seat about 10. I guess if we had come even half an hour later, we would have had to sit with strangers! (What is this, a cruise ship?) I brushed a crumb off the chair and gingerly sat down. There was no A/C going at 9 am, but the big fans kept the temperature tolerable.

The breakfast buffet consisted of biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs and fried potato chunks, and sausage and bacon. The food was fresh and hot in electric warmers. A limited buffet, but we couldn't have expected more for $5.95. The one TV had a continuous loop ad that said breakfast buffets were $6.95. We asked the server if breakfast was $5.95 or $6.95, but her answer wasn't clear. It seemed like if you knew they were advertising it for $5.95 like we did, you got charged $5.95, but if you didn't you would get charged $6.95. Strange.

Many of the chairs had cigarette burns on the seats, not the most attractive look (and bad feng shui to boot!). Halfway through our meal, one of the bartenders lit up a cigarette. I was surprised, because I haven't seen anyone smoke indoors in many years (not counting casinos). Then a server put an ashtray on our table and the other round table--a clear sign smoking is allowed indoors. I found it strange smoking was allowed indoors because there is outside seating. Being sensitive to smoke, I was perturbed and eager to leave.

If you've seen the series "Bar Rescue," you will understand when I say this place is in serious need of one. We've been to old restaurants before that are great, but the reason they are is because they refresh every few years but keep their character. This place had worn chairs even Goodwill would refuse, and there was graffiti on the bathroom doors. They really need more tables that seat 2 or 4. The service was friendly and the food we had was good. Even though we liked getting a cheap breakfast for $5.95, it may not be a fiscally sound decision on their part to take a loss on a meal.

The music was a little loud, but it was okay. The only new thing in that whole place was an electronic touch tunes machine. In fact, it looked out of place because everything else was old, faded and dated. But if you're a drinker, a smoker and a night owl (we're none of those things), it could be worth trying.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
TheDekBar, Manager at The Dek Bar, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
So sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience here at The Dek. It's my fault that the TV ad was incorrect, as we had changed our price for the breakfast buffet and I forgot to change the ad to reflect our current price (which is $5.95). I appreciate you bringing that to my attention - it has since been corrected. The inside bar offers tables of 4 or 8 as well as 35 bar stools around the bar - typically when 1-2 customers come in, they sit at the bar, however it's a great idea to offer tables for one or two people, so I appreciate you giving us that idea! Our inside bar is smoker-friendly due to our smoking-license so I would recommend that non-smokers or anyone who is sensitive to smoke sit at the outside bar for a more ventilated area. We try to keep the windows and doors closed to the inside bar to keep the temperature cool inside. Thank you for your detailed review - we really appreciated the feedback and will use it to make the changes that are necessary to ensure that future customers don't have the same problems that you had during your visit.
CAPE CORAL
“A diamond in the rough”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I love this place. It is a great beer and shot joint with hidden amenities. If you are looking for a Tiki Bar type ambience, this place is for you. They make a thin-crust pizza that goes great with the cold beer. They have hamburger sliders that are perfect accompaniment to the myriad of flavorful mixed drinks offered. The live music provided only adds to the overall experience. Give this place a shot and have a great time.

Visited April 2013
Elizabeth D, owner at The Dek Bar, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Awesome recommendation, thanks for writing it up. You've really hit the nail on the head. We want to offer the most fun atmosphere around, and I'm glad you've been having a great time here. Hopefully we'll see you again soon! All the best, Betty Davis
Fort Myers, Florida
“Dive Bar with amazing food... Strange but true.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

I was invited to go here with friends and at first glance was surprised by how small the place was. Once inside I found it to be a very friendly place. I ordered pizza and other in my party took advantage if the 0.25 wings.
Without a doubt the pizza was better than any other I have had in Cape Coral. The wings were large and really meaty as well.
I'm not a dive bar guy normally but the food made the difference for me. Service was good as well. I will be back.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Elizabeth D, owner at The Dek Bar, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
We'll make you a dive bar guy yet, Ryan! Thanks for giving us a shot with your friends earlier in the year. I'm happy to hear we came through for you and you're going to come back. We'll look forward to that! All the best, Betty Davis
Cape Coral, Florida
“For what it is!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Great Great dive bar with excellent pizza. Go for a drink, but if you are really into cleanliness, stick with bottle beer and stay to people watch. It is a hoot! Pizza is great - I don't know how they do it, but they do.

Visited January 2013
Elizabeth D, owner at The Dek Bar, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
We sure do! Thanks for the review, Maria. I appreciate you sharing your recommendation with everybody here. Looking forward to seeing you again soon for some excellent pizza and beer (bottle or draft, i can assure you our cleanliness is second to none!). Until next time, Betty Davis