“Breakfast on the Weekends” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Eclectic
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Central Illinois
“Breakfast on the Weekends”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

My husband enjoyed his salmon benidict, said the lime sauce was perfect with the well cooked eggs. I, on the other hand had the sourdough french toast, which sounded yummy and the waitress assured me it was, but it had WAY to much nutmeg and didn't taste like sourdough. Very bland. I asked to bacon crisp, but it was only half and half. I think it was more about my choice than about the food. There was only one other person in the place, so service was great. Might try again...

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Cape Coral, Florida
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We waited an hour for our food to be served & then my crab cakes were ice cold like they were not cooked. Offered me another item from menu which was okay but my husband was done eating when my food was served. Only gave us a $5.00 off coupon, did not comp my meal. Will never return

Visited September 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Wonderful Oysters”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Thisis not a fancy place--just great seafood. Best oysters we had in SW Florida in 3 weeks. Fills up fast so need to get there early.

Visited January 2013
Fort Myers, Florida
“Repeat customer lost for good.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I have dined at the Lobster Lady on several other occasions. I have even reviewed then prior to today. Unfortunately, my latest experience was poor at best. Dining there on Sunday night I was happy to find that there was not a long wait and we decided to sit outside. The service was prompt in the beginning and we ordered an appetizer and drinks. The Conch fritters came out and were very good, the soup came out and was also very good. The entrees came and it was a different story. The blackened Mahi was not even seasoned and tasted like cardboard. Never wanting to do this I had to send it back. They came back with another order and it was covered in seasoning and in a slick of oil. I had to complain again. The kitchen manager cam and told us that they used Chef Paul's and could not get it to stick so they covered the Mahi in butter and then put the seasoning on... I was floored!!! This is a fish restaurant and they do not know how to cook fish? I would honestly fire the cooks and start again. I was not the only disappointed diner. Both tables on either side were displeased and voiced that to us as well. Quality was sub-par at best. Entree was removed from our check and the manager apologized and said they were going to switch seasoning but I think that was only half of the issue. Cooks and chefs must know how to cook fish, I will be happy to come in and show them if they need assistance. This restaurant could be an all star but with food like they have, repeat customers are going to go elsewhere.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Hot Springs Village, Arkansas, United States
“Nice place for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Highly casual atmosphere of a fish market and bistro combined. The lobster roll was very good, the clam chowder and lobster bisque also rated well. The waiter was most friendly and helpful, pointing out that the wine my wife was having was available on a one day special by the bottle at the same price as two glasses. I had some wonderfully fresh oysters and lobster bisque while my wife opted for the lobster roll and clam chowder. We were both happy. Although we ate on the sidewalk area, the drawback inside was the noise and heavy fish smell from the market. Still worth the trip for lunch, though.

Visited January 2013