“it really is the best of the cape” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: European, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Cape Coral, Florida
“it really is the best of the cape”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

wife and i had dinner last eve. sat at the bar i had the grouper special which was outstanding. my wife had the other fish special, also outstanding. we live in boston half of the year and on the cape the other half Its really hard to find a great restaurant in the cape for some reason well this is the one try it you wont be dissapointed R&B!

Punta Gorda, Florida
“A new find for us”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Six of us thought we'd try Misto's for dinner, and we are glad we did. Michael, our server, was helpful and a lot of fun. The menu is a la carte. In spite of that in was a reasonably priced meal considering the quality. There are lots of choices that we didn't try that we will in the future.

For an appetizer I had oysters on the half shell. Of as long as the oysters are decent, what can you say? However they were served with a dollop of horseradish creme fraiche which was a nice twist. One of our friends had the calamari. Again, not too adventuresome, but it was done well, crisp outside and tender in.

My wife and one of our friends had one of the specials, pork Wellington. it was pork in a puff pastry with goat cheese and a Madeira wine sauce. The pork was not overdone and they both thoroughly enjoyed it.

Another had the oysters as I did and the Misto cakes (an appetizer) as her entree. I had a chance to taste it. The menu description was enticing. It was a fried risotto cake with mushrooms and a veal reduction sauce. It was delicious. Too big as an appetizer. Might be best shared or as she had it as a lighter entrée.

Another friend had a ribeye. I didn't get a chance to see it well from where I was sitting, but he said he enjoyed it.

Two of us had the risotto. It was topped with asparagus and portobello mushrooms. It wasn't the best I have ever had, but it was very good with rich flavor. Too be super critical, it could have been a little looser and more al dente. However it was a good portion and I would consider ordering it again.

We didn't have dessert and all of us said we will definitely return. My wife and my bill for two entrées, three glasses of wine, a cocktail and one appetizer came to $77 not including tip. Very reasonable for the ambiance and food quality.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Worth the wait! Reservations recommended.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

We arrived without reservations about 6:30. The host was very gracious and very busy seating groups with reservations. We were finally seated about 7:00. While it was clear they were a little short staffed at the bar causing the host to do double duty, we were well taken care of. meals are presented so beautifully you just want to tast every one. I had broiled grouper served on mushrooms with rice. My husband had salmon roulade with scallop mousse. He did not think the smashed potatoes were exceptional but otherwise everything was Delish!

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic suprise in Cape Coral”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

This was our first meal in Cape Coral after an 11 night cruise, the food on the cruise was good but it pales in comparison to Misto Bar and Grill. If you like great food and service you owe it to yourself to try Misto

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fort Myers, Florida
“Very Accommodating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We really wanted to love this restaurant - we'd been to both of the owner's previous restaurants and loved them. Misto fell a bit short. Don't get me wrong, the service was impeccable, presentation was fabulous but the food was only OK. What made it for us was that since it was our anniversary, I called ahead and asked if they had Pasta Primavera on the menu - my favorite. They did not, but the chef agreed to make it for me special. And it was good, quite good, made with zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms, peppers and topped with fresh asparagas. The appetizer and my husband's meal were average. As I understand it, they cannot accommodate special requests if they're really busy, but as it was a weekday night, it wasn't busy and since I called ahead they were very gracious about it.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere