“FANTASTIC SERVICE-Great place reasonably priced” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4601 SE Fifth Avenue, Cape Coral, FL 33904   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Cape Coral
Certificate of Excellence 2014
North Branch, Minnesota
“FANTASTIC SERVICE-Great place reasonably priced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

What an adorable place!! I especially loved the back deck area. This is a Family run place with clean comfortable rooms, HUGE back deck overlooking the canal, Gas grill for your enjoyment, (Coin) Laundry on site, Boat slips available, wi-fi, and a 6.6 foot deep heated pool. I have Back/Neck issues and am happy to say the beds are very comfortable. It was great to have dishes/utensils, an actual stove, microwave, fridge and coffee maker as well as coffee and dish detergent in the room.
I was even allowed to print my boarding passes in the office which saved me money. A ride to the airport upon departure was arranged for us and we were given recomendations for a great local restaurant as well.
Lots of little extras make it a "Homey" place to stay.
Oh, and staff is honest-I left cash and credit cards in my purse and left for several hours to return to a clean room and all my valuables still where I left them! Good value for the money...

Room Tip: Suites have a Sofa and Loveseat with separate bedroom and Guest rooms do not.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
HideawayResort, Owner at Hideaway Waterfront Resort & Hotel, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
We're happy to know you were comfortable, and secure. Your description and Room Tip here on TripAdvisor is appreciated - thanks for taking the time to review us!

Mark and Linda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Clifton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Other reviewers have pointed out that this small motel that has many charming features and owners that care about your comfort. I agree with them. It's a little "old" in some regards, but charming, well located, and comfortable.

I told the owners I needed a strong wifi connection, and they placed me in the room directly over the main office, where the router is located. I had a strong signal, without any interruptions, during the entire week I was there.

I recommend this lovely motel if you are looking for an alternative to the chain hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for a center room if wifi connectivity is important to you.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
It's good to know the WiFi met your needs - thank you for your candid remarks!

Bradenton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

I took to trip advisor for reviews of hotels in this area. Initially I planned on staying at one of the many chains but this hotel caught my eye and am happy it did. Quiet. Clean. Friendly. Helpful. I have paid a lot more for a lot less in chain hotels.

• Stayed January 2013
HideawayResort, Owner at Hideaway Waterfront Resort & Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review us. Glad you enjoyed your stay!
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

The hotel was quaint, and the rear large deck area for hanging out by the water was very nice. We had a small room on the first floor in the front. While it was clean and the bed was comfortable, we didn't have enough hot water for two people to shower (or one to even finish). There is also no sound insulation between the floors - so you can hear everything from the person's alarm going off to them walking around above you (and not 'sort of' hear them - it sounds like they are in your room).
Personally I won't go back for those reasons - I don't want to hear everyone around me coming & going and I think a hotel should have plenty of hot water for everyone.

Room Tip: Upstairs would be a must.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review – we are glad to hear you found the canal and deck area enjoyable. The building has solid concrete walls, floors and ceiling, and sound insulation... unfortunately your room was below a unit with tile floor - thank you for your comments, we will be installing carpet soon to eliminate this problem. Each room has its own 30 gallon hot water heater and we have recently completed maintenance in that room for improved operation.
Avon Lake, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Unbelievable place to stay, clean, friendly, has a sandy beach,hamock,gas grill, tables down by the water under cover, laundry, music by the pool. Linda and Mark along with their son run a top notch place. Just like being at home, none of this stuff shirt atmosphere like a hotel. It has the feel that is so comfortable. Kayaks, paddle boats, toys for children to play in the sand. I could go on and on but you get my drift. They gave us several places to eat and we went and conquered, just wonderful. I have been traveling the US for years and this is the homiest place I have found. I would recommend the Hideaway to anyone of any age bracket. You are only one mile from the Yacht club that has a nice beach also. This is a must, we stayed 3 nights and did not want to come home.
Rob and Rosie Wright

Room Tip: I think they are all great it seemed quite quiet to me. We stayed in a suite 108 and had views of th...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Paddle boats and kayaks are a great way to enjoy the area - good to know that you liked those activities! Thanks for your great feedback!
Mark and Linda, Owners
Morristown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

This was our third visit to the Hideaway and it improves every year! Our suite was lovely. A bedroom with two full size beds, a kitchen and a living room. The furniture was nice and very clean. Plenty of closet space. We love the balcony overlooking the pool. The back area is on the canal and has lot's of shade and sunny areas to enjoy...always a cool breeze out back. The pool is immaculate. Walkers will enjoy the location. It is within walking distance to conveniences and restaurants... If you like a 1950's feel of a mom and pop motel, like we do, this is the place. It is superb in it's category..Mark and Linda are very good hosts. We thank them again for a great week!

Room Tip: Book well in advance as very busy season for them
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
And thank you for choosing us again! You're right, this area is great for walking, with many convenient (and fun!) locations to visit nearby. We're glad to hear you liked the view and surroundings.
Lehigh Acres, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We stayed here for a few weeks while we were waiting on our house to close. Mark and Linda were so nice and really worked with us. We have to boxers and I loved the fact that they understand that just because you have big dogs, doesn't mean that you have destructive dogs. My son and I fished almost everyday that we were there on the dock out back. We caught quite a few fish, but it was just nice to have fun and do things together. I live in Florida full time now, but will set up times during the year to come stay just because it was so nice being right on the water and so close to downtown Cape Coral!! Thank you so much. -Amanda

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Nice to know you were happy with your stay, and the fishing! We're glad to know your pets were comfortable too.
Mark & Linda

Been to Hideaway Waterfront Resort & Hotel? Share your experiences!