“Why have we never heard of this Gem?” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #93 of 319 restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations
Description: French italian coffee café offers breakfast and lunch. Diner on friday.
Cape Coral, Florida
“Why have we never heard of this Gem?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Our granddaughter looked in the window, saw pink table clothes and walls and knew where she wanted her 8th birthday lunch. They do not have a children's menu, but it worked out fine. My daughter took pictures of all our plates, as they each looked like pieces of art. I felt as though we were once again at a bistro in Paris...continental elegance. My Quiche was divine and I so enjoyed myself, I think I will return for dinner. This place is easy to overlook. I have lived in Cape Coral for two years now and I have noticed the business in the Sweetbay strip mall on Cape Coral parkway but never thought of trying it until I was invited for the "birthday lunch" today. We are definitely "Foodies" and will spread the word. They are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, with an afternoon pause starting at 3:00.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

86% Recommend
Seneca, South Carolina
“France and Italy in Cape Coral”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

From the gracious hostess to the authentic Fremch and Italian Chefs, this humble Bistro, tucked in a small strip adjacent to West Marine, surpasses all expectations. The Carpaccio is plentiful,artful, and delicious. The pastas are out of this world! The Filet Mignon Mama, the Duck are to die for. The spectacular pasta parmisana with truffles and porcini mushrooms is impossible to finish, and yet you cannot stop eating. Tiramisu, Creme Brûlée for desert are divine, as is the gorgeous individual cheesecake topped with fresh candied fruit. If you become an esteemed regular you can request Bouillabaisse or steak tartare or even Paella. C'est Magnifique!!!

Cape Coral
“ooh-la-la”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We are real Francophiles having lived in France many years ago. The restaurant is tastefully furnished and the food is excellent. My partner and I had quiches as a brunch item and they were delicious. I do hope the place takes off as we need some class and taste in our town. I don't mean to sound snobbish but this is the next best thing to a trip to Paris! The staff is pleasant and we are never rushed. They serve all day, so you have many opportunities to try some wonderful dishes. Magnifique!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cape Coral, Florida
“GREAT French (and a few other international) Dishes!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Wonderful food, *very* consistent. French with occasionally other international specials. OPEN FOR BREAKFAST, LUNCH AND DINNER (the listed TripAdvisor info on this incorrectly implies that it's open only for lunch). The environment/ambiance is only so-so at best, but the quality of the food and its preparation makes it very much worth a visit, especially if you're looking for something really different that you don't typically find in Southwest Florida.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cape Coral, Florida, United States
“A rose in an unlikely place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

This is a French inspired restaurant in a small strip with a dry cleaner and medical lab draw station. The interior has many bottles of wine on display. There are other decorations that go with this type of establishment. A distraction was employees working at back table with laptop computer.
We enjoyed French onion soup, beef carpaccio and a roast beef panini sandwich. All were very tasty and served in fine style. The portion of meat on the sandwich was a bit small.
Other menu items looked very inviting.
This place deserves another vist.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere