“Good first experience” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
New Jersey
“Good first experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

We have a home in Cape Coral and often pass by Papa Joe's on our way to the Cape Coral Bridge, etc. This place is ALWAYS busy so we figured there must be a reason. We arrived at 5:00 p.m. and there was already a wait for indoors since it was chilly outside. We opted to be seated immediately at a table on the porch. The waitress was friendly and attentive. My husband ordered the stuffed shells and he said they were great. I ordered chicken marsala and the chicken was a little tough, but the meal was on target for the prices. I will probably not order the marsala again, but this place is worth a second try. I was told by other patrons that the pizza is very good here so I am looking forward to putting that to the test.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Wisconsin
“Terrible service on last two visits”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

My husband and I have visited Papa Joe's many times over the past three years, and we have told everyone we know to go there for the great pizza and warm complimentary bread. We have always had a wonderful meal there. Until this year. The first time we visited, it was a busy Saturday night. We had to wait for a table. No biggie. We understand this is "the season" in southwest Florida. We received our pizza, and although I was finished eating, my husband was clearly not. We were asked no less that THREE times if they could wrap up the rest of the pizza for us to take home. One of the three times, my husband was actually putting a slice of pizza into his mouth!
On our second visit this year, we ordered our drinks and pizza, and waited and waited and waited for the bread. I finally hailed our waitress, and asked for our bread. She said Oh sure! And she came back with our pizza. I said Where is the bread? And she replied You have to ask for it. WHAT?? No. You. Don't. Then she tried to charge us $2.99 for it on our bill. But she scratched it off like their warm bread had never complimentary. We received horrible service twice. Inexcusable. Find somewhere else where you are treated as a valued customer.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chillicothe, Ohio
“Great pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

We were only in one time to get a pizza to go. It was New York style and really good. The restaurant looked cozy.

Visited December 2013
Attleboro, Massachusetts
“This has become our "regular" Italian restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Food is excellent, very efficient, friendly and cheerful wait staff.
Can be quite busy evening during the "snowbird" season.

Visited December 2013
Oakville, Canada
“Excellent Italian Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

This restaurant was recommended by a friend and it lived up to all of our expectations and more. The 3 of us shared a salad, pizza and the garlic bread which was delicious. As the portions were so large we had leftovers of everything which was boxed up to take home. The venue is small and fills quickly and very early. Obviously the word is out as to the quality and service. I would definitely return to Papa Johns.

• Visited December 2013