“Pets are lovely but I left my pooches home ” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village

You added The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village to your Saves list
The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5951 Silver King Boulevard, Cape Coral, FL 33914 (Formerly The Resort at MarinaVillage)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
4th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Cape Coral
Connecticut
“Pets are lovely but I left my pooches home ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Resort was gorgeous. 2nd visit here and in the Christmas season, it was all the more special. Heat lamps to ward off cold coming in off the water. Asked for a change to marina view which was accommodates for a reasonable price. Much better experience from my last visit.

So what's my problem. As we walked into the lobby, gently infused with Westin's signature scent, we were able to count 4, no, 6, wait, 8 separate dogs. All nice pups, seemingly well behaved. But wow, what a greeting. I asked the clerk if there was a dog show or something going on. His answer, a rather straightforward response - "we are pet friendly"

Great. I have 2 of my own. Sitting outside for a quick nightcap before bed, one of my new canine neighbors loudly let us know that he was either a) happy to be there or b) I have yet to figure out what dogs are really thinking. Anyway he barked for a bit from the patio - and still this was okay for me

Until I walked in my suite - and yes, there it was. The faint odor that lets you know Spot or Rex or Bonkers had recently been on vacation. No worries. I live with dogs. I get it. I certainly know that they don't mean to release their pheromones. They probably didn't ask to come on vacation. But come on vacation they do and that means the next guest must be as appreciative (not bothered) by sharing a space that has housed an unknown dog and unknown dog owner.

All of which to say - my first reaction to "pet friendly" hotels is Ugh. My second reaction is that the property in accepting pets must own the responsibility to make the situation transparent to future guests. 8 pets greeting me at the door should have warned me. But I'm holding the hotel accountable to ensure the hotel is people friendly first. Know what I mean?

Ok. I'm gonna go buy my candles to re-scent the room. And ask housekeeping to come by and clean the room as if they were staying there. That's what I expect from a Westin resort. I'd like them to stand by their brand and leave me no qualms. Thanks guys.

Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed here for five days before heading off to another part of Florida. I can be pretty picky and since we do a lot of car trips throughout the US and Canada, we stay at many hotels. This resort is truly the cherry on the sundae. The grounds are beautiful with lots of lovely palms, the pool is big for a hotel and quite warm . We stayed in a one bedroom suite. It is stunning. Everything is modern and the room is immaculately clean. The appliances are all the top brands along with the lovely patented rain shower in the bathroom. There are two sink vanity combinations with excellent backlit mirrors. The closet is very big and a walk in and has a light sensor. The kitchen has a huge top- end refrigerator and stove, along with all the cookware and bake ware one would need. The lanai is the length of the entire unit with a nice table and chairs, plus two other sitting chairs. The view is spectacular overlooking a preserve and a few ponds. The sunrise early in the morning from the lanai is spectacular. There is a lot of storage space for clothes and other things if one is staying for a longer time period. Finally, the staff is terrific and very friendly. Michael, the valet at the front, is super friendly and we had some fun conversations, especially since he is such a dog lover and has rescued two dogs that were on the verge of death. Chuck at the front desk always has a big smile and is as well very friendly , always wishing you a good day;. Hard as I tried for the challenge , I could not find anything even a little bit wrong with this hotel. It is a great treat to stay here. A warning would be that if you decide to take the bridge into Ft. Myers do not take it at rush hour as the traffic is awful at that time; excluding rush hour, the traffic around Cape Coral flows very well.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great accommodation with a few quirks as it was built to be sold as condos then the housing market collapsed and Westin took it over. Well equipped with full size kitchen not just the usual wet bar. Excellent facilities and helpful staff. Only complaint was the adjoining room door is not well sound proofed and next door had left a dog barking so we had to change rooms. Excellent value for money. Recommend visiting the Ford Garage restaurant in downtown Cape Coral for interesting backdrop and decent burgers.

Room Tip: High up as possible for the views
Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Palm Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We arrived and were greeted by the best customer service personnel, beautiful rooms, incredible food, private and peaceful, staff that is second to none. A great great pre birthday/ vacation. The stay is one of a kind. Everything is AMAZING !!!! Did I mention boat ride to the other Off the boat ,shopping,great food and beautiful the beach.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Nice, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great resort hotel located on a marina but far from everything (which makes it a perfect gateway). We got upgraded to a suite overlooking the water and mangrove. We had an amazing two days just enjoying the restaurants, the pool, the lagoon of the resort. It was great! Very good value for money :) and nice staff!!! I would come back to spend time away from everything!!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Harrow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Spent a night here and I have to say it was really nice, I wish I had more time to walk around the resort. The room and the bathroom was nice and big. The standard of cleanliness was good also.

We went to the restaurant and the food was superb, the beef was cooked to perfection. Where we was sitting we could see the boat, which was a pleasant view amongst the sunset.

Downfalls with our stay was the Internet or lack of it, surprising for this type of hotel. Restaurant price, a little on the high side.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and hope to be back next year .

Stayed December 2014

Been to The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village? Share your experiences!