I happened to see a promotion for the Westin Cape Coral while searching for hotels in the Fort Myers area. What a great find!
The Westin Cape Coral is perfect for families and anyone wanting to explore the area or just looking for a scenic getaway. We visited the Fort Myers beach area to take a sunset cruise, toured the Edison/Ford Winter Estates, and explored Sanibel Island (Darling Wildlife Refuge and the Captiva beach area). When returning late at night from our adventures, it was nice to know that we had the option of eating at good restaurants at the hotel.
We stayed in a deluxe suite with 2 double beds. The deluxe applies to the floor (16th) and the view from the room. Otherwise, I was told that the lower level rooms will have the same features. The standard suite has a mini-fridge with cabinet space in the small hallway leading to the bedroom.
The staff is very friendly and responsive. Upon checking out, there was a slight billing error but Rachel resolved it with a patient and pleasant attitude!
Overall, this hotel is closer to a 5 star rating than a 4 star rating. After staying at hotels which charge $8 per 15 minutes of business center computer time and $30+ valet parking, I dare to say that the small daily resort fee is worth it for what you get in return. We had a fabulous stay AND would return (with another promotion)!
1. Nice size rooms for the standard rate
2. In room mini-fridge to store breakfast items, milk for your child, restaurant leftovers, etc. (There is a Publix grocery store nearby)
3. Screened in balcony - - great feature so you don’t have to worry about mosquitoes and other insects entering the sleeping area!
4. Large bathroom with hand-held shower attachment in addition to a large showerhead
5. Counter space and cabinets immediately outside of bathroom - - so you can store your personal items & extra towels there rather than on the small counter top in the bathroom
6. The resort fee includes access to bikes. They even have a toddler/child bike with training wheels and youth helmets!! There are bike lanes on the nearby roads for a nice family biking experience.
7. Also included is a water-taxi to Fort Myers beach which is convenient if you don’t want to drive to the beach.
8. It was great to have FREE AND UNLIMITED access to the computers/printer in the business center to research nearby places prior to visiting them. Print outs are included. Additionally, the computers had other software (word, excel) for anybody who needed to do work.
9. Parking is free and easily accessible. Valet parking is available for those who choose to pay for that. Having the parking OPTIONS are great! Other “luxury” hotels have only valet parking and charge $30+ per night for that!
10. There are 3 on-site restaurants for good dining options.
11. You are able to arrange a sunset dolphin cruise (on weekends) with a boat operator in the hotel marina
12. There is a pool in the main hotel as well as 2 additional pools in a recreation area within walking distance in the resort. You can check out pool towels from the front desk.
13. There is a decent fitness center with 24 hr access
14. Lobby is nicely decorated / furnished and has great ambience for social gatherings. There is large aquarium in the wall at one end and there is a small fountain in the center of the lobby (which kids love).
15. They are environmentally conscious and provide a $5 credit (voucher) or loyalty program (SPG) points for each day that you decline housekeeping (in other words, do not change towels and sheets). They also have in-room recycling as well as recycling in the lobby.
16. There is a self-service laundry area which is nice for anybody staying for a long time
17. Did I mention there are tile floors in the suite hallway and bathroom! That is a nice feature if your shoes are wet or you are changing wet swimming clothes.
1. Can be pricey without the promotion
2. There is a separate daily resort fee (however, it was only $16.65/day for our stay and we did use almost all the services like bikes and the business center computers)
3. There is limited counter-top space in the bathroom (but to make up for that, there is a large counter/cabinet area right outside the bathroom)
4. Slightly far from the beaches. This is an issue ONLY if you are mainly interested in spending your days on the beach. To make-up for the distance, the hotel does offer a water-taxi to Fort Myers Beach.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Report response as inappropriate
Reviews like the one you shared are very appreciative. We are grateful for your detailed feedback regarding our resort as it allows us to learn more about our offerings from our guests’ point of view. I am delighted to hear our staff was friendly and responsive to your needs and you had the opportunity to enjoy many of our resort amenities. From the Westin WORKOUT Fitness Center, to complimentary bike rentals and business center, to the dolphin sunset cruise, it sounds as if you and your family really got to explore the resort and fully take in all of its wonderful features. Thank you again for your comments. We hope to welcome you back again soon for another heavenly getaway.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.