I stayed here in several times last year and wrote the "Westin needs a shakedown cruise" review in December. Well, I got the courage, and it need much, to come back. Why? It truly is the best place to just pamper yourself in a quiet place if you are in need of that, but also want the pool, view, food, spa....etc. Fort Myers area has no competition with Westin, unless maybe you go to the beach.
SO, all the complaints of my last review have been completely turned around. Easy check in, actually "Gracious" check-in with suggestions and not overly informative....a perfect balance with a person that could read my mood on every level. THat is so important for a frequent traveler.
Amazingly, they were hosting a big wedding and my immediate thought was: oh no, this is going to take over the whole place. BUT, I was wrong. THey took care of guests and event and I was still able to find places to make this my special place, travelling solo.
Price is very right, especially since they consider it off season...I call it the best season. The heat is welcomed and not overly humid.
3 pools make it easy to avoid children. I went to the olympic lap pool at 9am and was the only only one there with the sun heating the water to a perfect temperature.
I also took the premium view for a few extra dollars. You don't need to, but you are up high enough that any outdoor bar noise wont affect you. And the view at sun rise and sun set is a spa treatment in itself.
Any suggestions? Sushi options are fantastic; pizza is best in town; risk a little more variety outside of the typical Fort Myers, Florida fare. And, see if service for food could go a little quicker.
So, Westin, all is forgiven. Thank you.
- Also Known As:
- The Resort At Marinavillage Hotel Cape Coral
- The Resort At Marinavillage Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Villageoffers you all the amenities of Tarpon Point Marina including four star waterfront views, plus resort luxuries such as room service, housekeeping and concierge services. Experience flawless service in our sleek tower of guest rooms and suites with sweeping views of the Caloosahatchee River, San Carlos Bay and Gulf of Mexico. Our traditional rooms and our 1, 2 and 3-bedroom suites range from 445 square feet to 2,195 square feet, with grand rooms, master suites, guest suites, and dining terraces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Starwood, Amex, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.