“All is forgiven Westin...your shakedown cruise must have been marvelous” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village

Save Saved
You added The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village to your Saves list
The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5951 Silver King Boulevard, Cape Coral, FL 33914 (Formerly The Resort at MarinaVillage)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #1 of 7 hotels in Cape Coral
“All is forgiven Westin...your shakedown cruise must have been marvelous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I stayed here in several times last year and wrote the "Westin needs a shakedown cruise" review in December. Well, I got the courage, and it need much, to come back. Why? It truly is the best place to just pamper yourself in a quiet place if you are in need of that, but also want the pool, view, food, spa....etc. Fort Myers area has no competition with Westin, unless maybe you go to the beach.

SO, all the complaints of my last review have been completely turned around. Easy check in, actually "Gracious" check-in with suggestions and not overly informative....a perfect balance with a person that could read my mood on every level. THat is so important for a frequent traveler.

Amazingly, they were hosting a big wedding and my immediate thought was: oh no, this is going to take over the whole place. BUT, I was wrong. THey took care of guests and event and I was still able to find places to make this my special place, travelling solo.

Price is very right, especially since they consider it off season...I call it the best season. The heat is welcomed and not overly humid.

3 pools make it easy to avoid children. I went to the olympic lap pool at 9am and was the only only one there with the sun heating the water to a perfect temperature.

I also took the premium view for a few extra dollars. You don't need to, but you are up high enough that any outdoor bar noise wont affect you. And the view at sun rise and sun set is a spa treatment in itself.

Any suggestions? Sushi options are fantastic; pizza is best in town; risk a little more variety outside of the typical Fort Myers, Florida fare. And, see if service for food could go a little quicker.

So, Westin, all is forgiven. Thank you.

Prof. Susan

Room Tip: You don't necessarily need the premium rooms, but I so enjoy the view, especially travelling alo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
MP_CapeCoral, General Manager at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear SusanjaneS,

WOW - that was my first thought when reading your review. Then I went back to your first review of the property and remembered reading it during our first few weeks of the transition and thinking "I know we can be so much better than this and I hope this guest gives us a second chance to really WOW her!" So, thank you. Thank you for having the courage to come back and for believing in us. I am grateful to hear that we turned your previous experience completely around.

I hope that we can continue to provide you with a “special place” to go when in need of some rest & relaxation.

580 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Upon arrival the bell boy wanted to move our car before we got checked in. Our first room smelled like cigar smoke (non-smoking facility). We were comped a larger suite, but, it was at the end of the hotel wing, so we got our daily exercising walking back and forth to the elevator. The room had a broken shower. The toilet tank and bowl leak. OMG!. We had a total mess that we cleaned up. The Shower would not run cold water. This was fixed in the first 24 hrs. The ICE maker did not work but was never fixed. Two out of Six nights we were exposed to a blast of unsavory music that ran continuous from 7pm to 9:30pm. Complaints to the management led to "Sorry Mr. Sew and So". We were too dissatisfied with initial 48 hours to use the amenities other than hot tub and pool. The hot tub worked and was nice. The pool was cold in March and was too small for the size of hotel that was being served. Oh, and those heavenly beds. Well they were not the heavenly beds that are advertised by Westin. This place appears to be a time share operation in disguise of a hotel....not sure. Will never go there again!!!

Room Tip: Don't sleep here
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
MP_CapeCoral, General Manager at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear SageAdviceForYou,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience with us as well as providing feedback for improvement. I apologize that your stay did not live up to your expectations and wanted to help address some of what you mentioned.

We recently became a Westin in December (previously an independent resort) and replaced all of the beds and bedding, so therefore, the Heavenly Bed you slept on is most likely much newer than those at other Westin's in which you have probably stayed previously. That could explain why this bed felt more firm than what you are used to.

We are actually a resort, and always have been (even under the previous management) and are not a part of the timeshare program.

The maintenance issues you experienced during your stay are unacceptable and I have addressed this with the proper supervisors. The music at The Nauti Mermaid is typically very enjoyable to our guests and restaurant patrons and we have chosen genres that are appealing to a large majority - I apologize if you found the music offensive during your stay. You mentioned that the pool was too small for the hotel, however we offer 3 pools for our hotel guest to use and I hope that you were able to experience those other 2 pools during your stay.

I understand we did not provide the level of service you expected during your stay, however if you are ever in the area again we would love the opportunity to not just meet, but to exceed your expectations.

Bradenton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful hotel! Once you've gone through the trouble and expense of paying over 200 for a room, to make sure you have a balcony and private view the last thing you want to walk into is a shared room, sitting on the balcony and hearing each others conversation was disappointing.

• Stayed April 2013
MP_CapeCoral, General Manager at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear islandgirl4858,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the location and the view. Each of our guestrooms is equipped with a private screened-in lanai, but unfortunately sometimes we cannot control the volume of the guests next door. I hope that during your stay you either requested a room change or filed a complaint if your neighbors were being offensively loud.

I do hope you will stay with us again in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

This was a great vacation spot. The rooms were great. It was peaceful and very few kids. There are 3 pools(2 just a short walk), so you could always find somewhere peaceful to swim. The balcony is nice, they should get a hammock for you to lay on out there. No beach, but great views regardless. For a late night snack the pizza in the resturant in the hotel is fantastic.
No bath in the king suite. I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Bokelley1,

Thank you so much for providing such a positive review of your stay with us as well as some really great photos - It's always nice to see the resort from the guests’ point of view.

I hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

The hotel was amazing, the associates were extremly helpful, eager to please and I felt it was a real want to have my family have a wonderful experience at the Westin. Mike the bell men was very helpful, giving us the complimentary bikes, to giving directions to a warm welcome. Dinner at Marker 92 was fantastic, Andrew, Lee and Debbie could not do enough to make our stay enjoyable. Great daily activities for familys and a complimentary boat trip to fort myers beach. The rooms are very clean, large and extremly comfortable. Hat's off team great stay

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear TheComries,

Thank you for letting us know how enjoyable your recent stay was for you and your family. We all take pride in making sure each and every guest feels at home and leaves with a memorable experience. With that said, I am delighted to hear that Mike, Lee, Andrew and Debbie left a great impression on you and your family and I will be sure to share your praises.

On behalf of myself and the rest of the team, we hope to see you and your family again in the near future.

Webster, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed here on Christmas/ New years and it was beautiful. First off if you want the ocean and the beach this resort is not for you. We knew this going into it and thats why we booked it, wanted some peace and quiet. If you want romantic, very few children, and beautiful views this is the spot. we had a gorgeous 2 bedroom suite with a kitchen for under 500 a night, you cant beat that. The staff were wonderful, food was good, and the best part was we rented a boat for the day and went out towards the ocean and got to see beautiful groups of dolphins, my teenagers had a gas. We liked it so much we are going back next week. My only suggestion to Westin is build a bigger and better pool, with no beach they really need it. Otherwise we loved this resort.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
MP_CapeCoral, General Manager at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Hello Michelle Q,

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us over the Holdiays and am even more delighted to hear you are on your way back next week!

The Resort will be a little less crowded then when you came over the holidays, but if you still want even more peace and quiet, we do have 2 additional pools available to our guests. Please be sure to talk to the front desk and you can either walk or one of our bellman would be happy to drive you over in your golf cart.

We will see you next week!

Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This hotel, as are all Westins, was very classy and well-appointed. We were upgraded to a suite that was over 1000 square feet, and it was spacious and elegant. The view over the marsh-land was pretty. The restaurant was EXCELLENT, with nautical décor and lots of good entrees. The outside eating area, near the beautiful pool, was a fabulous place to dine or have drinks!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear sunnysherri,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay as well as dining at either Marker 92 or The Nauti Mermaid.

I hope that you will stay with us again in the near future!

Eric Ashton

Been to The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village? Share your experiences!