“Great View and Dining!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village

Save Saved
You added The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village to your Saves list
The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5951 Silver King Boulevard, Cape Coral, FL 33914 (Formerly The Resort at MarinaVillage)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
4th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Cape Coral
Cape Coral, Florida
“Great View and Dining!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Our daughter was married on the grounds, such a lovely spot and wonderful catered food. The rooms were great and everyone was very pleased. We live in the Cape and go to Marker 96 quite regularly for food, atmosphere and music. The hotel has a Tiki Hut Bar they call Marker 96 and it's become a real meeting place for our friends.

Room Tip: Call ahead!!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We are from Dallas and originally were going to go to Austin for spring break, but at the last minute we decided to head to Florida for some beach action and guaranteed sunshine! WOW, we were so fortunate to find the Westin Cape Coral!

From the minute we stepped on property until the last day we left we had nothing but amazing service, fabulous food and great accomodations! First of all, to call what we stayed in a "two-bedroom suite" is a MAJOR understatement! It was a two-bedroom apartment with a full kitchen with state of the art appliances, dining room, double bedroom as the second room with its own bath and then a full master suite with walk-in closet and two vanities and a screened in balcony!! The only word to describe is WOW!

My husband and I have been in the hotel industry for over 20 years and stayed all over the country, this property is one of the nicest out there! But the phyiscal structure cannot stand alone without service to back it up, and boy they sure back it up! The front desk service was amazing, warm and inviting up to everyone encountered!

Rest assured that we will return to the Westin Cape Coral again!

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room in the house, we were right off the elevator (traditionally on...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Windermere, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed there for a weekend alone away from the kids. When we checked it they did not have any more suites. As that is what we reserved, they quickly upgraded us to a two bedroom condo and it was awesome. S awesome that we ended up having the sitter bring the kids down for the weekend. The kids activities were great and the staff very friendly. This is also a great place to rent a boat and explore the islands. Overall a wonderful experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

When I opened the door to my room I was in shock! What you get here, you should pay AT LEAST $500 a night for. I really felt like I was in home not a hotel room. The service is fantastic, the food is great and the views and balcony space make you feel right at home. You would be nuts not to stay here!

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
MP_CapeCoral, General Manager at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear bandl t,

Thank you so much for your stellar review of the property! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you back again soon!

Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I chose this hotel to be close to family who were in from the north. It is a nice hotel. I don't have any real complaints. Although, when I booked online, I paid a small additional fee for a Premium Water View instead of the preserve/river. When I checked in I confirmed that this was what I was getting and she said only the 1 and 2 bedroom suites have the water view, not the standard room. I showed her my confirmation stating I was suppposed to get Premium Water. She then consulted with another employee and came back and said yes, you will have a water view on a high floor; it will be nice. We did get a nice, high view; it was still 2/3 preserve/river, but my guest actually preferred it. The private balcony is screeened in and I believe I heard her telling another guest that all the rooms are this way, so you can't take any photos from the balcony. (They probably have to be since there are no guard rails.) This hotel is not on the beach; it is near boats at a marina and there is not alot around, but it is nice and quiet, and I believe they have a free boat taxi to the near beach. They have a beautiful gazebo at which I believe weddings take place. We had breakfast at the Marker 92 restaurant, which is a bit limited in selection and pricey. In order to avoid a shortage of towels like other guests had reported, we asked for additional towels in the evening and we were accommodated quickly. One suggestion I have is a sign be put on the door of the fitness center, because I watched 4 other guests besides myself try to pull the door open, then try to use a guest key, when it actually pushed in.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear BocaDeb,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us! I appreciate your suggestion about the Westin Workout Room and I will be sure to share this with the team. To help clarify some of your concerns, each guest room does have a waterview, whether it be of the preserve, marina or the river as well as a screened in lanai to help keep the bugs away - especially in the rainier months. The resort does offer a complimentary water taxi to Fort Myers Beach every day so guest can enjoy the hustle bustle of Fort Myers Beach, yet return to the resort for a more relaxing vacation. To your point, we are in a quieter part of town, however we offer several activities for all ages as well to help keep our guests busy, a full-service spa & salon, several shops, bicycle tours, etc.

I hope you will come back to stay with us again in the near future!

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My wife, daughter and I just spent 5 nights at the Westin Cape Coral. We stumbled upon the hotel after looking for places in Sanibel were we lucky. From the moment we checked the bellmen, the front desk people and everyone else were beyond helpful. Our room was a 2 bedroom suite, which was essentially an apartment with living room and full kitchen. The amenities of the room helped make traveling with a young child very easy.

There is a water taxi to the Fort Myers beach most day which is extremely important as there is not much to do in the immediate area without driving. We also drive to Sanibel and Captiva a few times which is about 40 minutes away.

The pool on site was great and the food was some very good and some not so good. If you are want a really nice hotel and don't mind driving off site each day for entertainment, I highly recommend the Westin Cape Coral, especially those with a family.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear lkat75,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed staying in one of our 2-bedroom suites - they are so spacious and perfect for families! While we do offer daily activities and the water taxi to the beach, As we spend more time becoming compliant with Westin standards we will be adding more and more programming so our guests can enjoy more time on property rather than offsite.

I look forward to your family's next visit.

new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed 5 days on a girls trip. Jenny at check in was our guardian angel....once she found out we were from NJ and Sandy victims she upgraded us to a penthouse....it was amazing. The room had a large living room, dining room table that cound fit 10, a state of the art kitchen with everything you would ever need, two master bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, a den, 4 flat screen tv's, a laundry room bigger than the one at my house plus a wonderfull screened in deck. The room was clean and beautiful, the beds were amazing and the kitchen came with Starbucks coffee. Everyone at this hotel is so friendly and helpful, they made us feel at home the minute we arrived. The pool is very pretty and the outside fire pit was very comfortable to drink around during the cool evenings. There is a restaurant in the hotel (B-) and a pool bar outside (B) but other than that you will have to travel for restaurants. A cab ride was about $20 (including tip)each way to other restaurants we went to Rumrunner (C) and Lobster Lady (B+) in the area. I wish we did the water taxi over to Ft. Myers but ran out of time. I would highly recommend this property.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear laurajerseyshore,
Wow! So happy to hear that you and your girl friends enjoyed your stay! Hearing that you and your friends were victims of Sandy hits home to many of our associates and I am happy to hear that Jenny was able to make your trip even more memorable.

We look forward to your next visit to The Sunshine State!

Eric Ashton

Been to The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village? Share your experiences!