“I would go back.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village

Save Saved
You added The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village to your Saves list
The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5951 Silver King Boulevard, Cape Coral, FL 33914 (Formerly The Resort at MarinaVillage)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #1 of 7 hotels in Cape Coral
Boca Raton, Florida
“I would go back.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I chose this hotel to be close to family who were in from the north. It is a nice hotel. I don't have any real complaints. Although, when I booked online, I paid a small additional fee for a Premium Water View instead of the preserve/river. When I checked in I confirmed that this was what I was getting and she said only the 1 and 2 bedroom suites have the water view, not the standard room. I showed her my confirmation stating I was suppposed to get Premium Water. She then consulted with another employee and came back and said yes, you will have a water view on a high floor; it will be nice. We did get a nice, high view; it was still 2/3 preserve/river, but my guest actually preferred it. The private balcony is screeened in and I believe I heard her telling another guest that all the rooms are this way, so you can't take any photos from the balcony. (They probably have to be since there are no guard rails.) This hotel is not on the beach; it is near boats at a marina and there is not alot around, but it is nice and quiet, and I believe they have a free boat taxi to the near beach. They have a beautiful gazebo at which I believe weddings take place. We had breakfast at the Marker 92 restaurant, which is a bit limited in selection and pricey. In order to avoid a shortage of towels like other guests had reported, we asked for additional towels in the evening and we were accommodated quickly. One suggestion I have is a sign be put on the door of the fitness center, because I watched 4 other guests besides myself try to pull the door open, then try to use a guest key, when it actually pushed in.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
MP_CapeCoral, General Manager at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear BocaDeb,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us! I appreciate your suggestion about the Westin Workout Room and I will be sure to share this with the team. To help clarify some of your concerns, each guest room does have a waterview, whether it be of the preserve, marina or the river as well as a screened in lanai to help keep the bugs away - especially in the rainier months. The resort does offer a complimentary water taxi to Fort Myers Beach every day so guest can enjoy the hustle bustle of Fort Myers Beach, yet return to the resort for a more relaxing vacation. To your point, we are in a quieter part of town, however we offer several activities for all ages as well to help keep our guests busy, a full-service spa & salon, several shops, bicycle tours, etc.

I hope you will come back to stay with us again in the near future!

638 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My wife, daughter and I just spent 5 nights at the Westin Cape Coral. We stumbled upon the hotel after looking for places in Sanibel were we lucky. From the moment we checked the bellmen, the front desk people and everyone else were beyond helpful. Our room was a 2 bedroom suite, which was essentially an apartment with living room and full kitchen. The amenities of the room helped make traveling with a young child very easy.

There is a water taxi to the Fort Myers beach most day which is extremely important as there is not much to do in the immediate area without driving. We also drive to Sanibel and Captiva a few times which is about 40 minutes away.

The pool on site was great and the food was some very good and some not so good. If you are want a really nice hotel and don't mind driving off site each day for entertainment, I highly recommend the Westin Cape Coral, especially those with a family.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear lkat75,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed staying in one of our 2-bedroom suites - they are so spacious and perfect for families! While we do offer daily activities and the water taxi to the beach, As we spend more time becoming compliant with Westin standards we will be adding more and more programming so our guests can enjoy more time on property rather than offsite.

I look forward to your family's next visit.

new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed 5 days on a girls trip. Jenny at check in was our guardian angel....once she found out we were from NJ and Sandy victims she upgraded us to a penthouse....it was amazing. The room had a large living room, dining room table that cound fit 10, a state of the art kitchen with everything you would ever need, two master bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, a den, 4 flat screen tv's, a laundry room bigger than the one at my house plus a wonderfull screened in deck. The room was clean and beautiful, the beds were amazing and the kitchen came with Starbucks coffee. Everyone at this hotel is so friendly and helpful, they made us feel at home the minute we arrived. The pool is very pretty and the outside fire pit was very comfortable to drink around during the cool evenings. There is a restaurant in the hotel (B-) and a pool bar outside (B) but other than that you will have to travel for restaurants. A cab ride was about $20 (including tip)each way to other restaurants we went to Rumrunner (C) and Lobster Lady (B+) in the area. I wish we did the water taxi over to Ft. Myers but ran out of time. I would highly recommend this property.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear laurajerseyshore,
Wow! So happy to hear that you and your girl friends enjoyed your stay! Hearing that you and your friends were victims of Sandy hits home to many of our associates and I am happy to hear that Jenny was able to make your trip even more memorable.

We look forward to your next visit to The Sunshine State!

Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We spent one night at the Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Village last weekend. When we checked in, Matt upgraded us from our double-bed room to a one-bedroom suite on the eighth floor overlooking the river. We didn't know what we'd gotten ourselves into agreeing to that upgrade, but it was quite a treat! The one-bedroom suite was fantastic. It was huge and absolutely beautiful. There was a full-size, modern kitchen with stainless steel appliances; a kitchen table that seats six; a well-appointed, comfortable living room; and a huge, screened in balcony with a table and four chairs and a smaller table with two chairs. It was very peaceful overlooking the water and watching the sun rise from the balcony. The bathroom area had dual sinks and a rainfall showerhead. So nice! The Westin Heavenly king-sized bed was comfortable and we loved having the robes to use.

We enjoyed appetizers and drinks at Marker 92 in the Westin lobby and all were tasty. Service was very friendly and prices were fairly reasonable for a resort.

Checkin was easy and Matt was very friendly and welcoming. We had no problem finding parking, as there was plenty of it in the lots and in the garage.

The only two drawbacks are the nightly resort fee and the automatic 20 percent gratuity that was added to our bill at Marker 92. Otherwise, we would definitely recommend and stay at this Westin if we are back in the Cape Coral area. Would like to be there right now, in fact!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Wiscdoll,
Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our new Heavenly upgrades as well as dining at our restaurants.

I look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Koege, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed a week and was very content with the room, which was clean and spicy. Meeting room was fine too. Staff was absolutely service minded. When you have some time off go to Sanibel Island and enjoy the sunset. Also you should do a trip to Fort Myers Beach.
Very recommendable hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Res51-19,

I am happy to hear that you recent business trip at our resort was enjoyable and we hope you will stay with us again soon... possibly to enjoy a little rest and relaxation.

Traverse City, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for five nights in a one bedroom suite. Beautiful room - full kitchen with all the items necessary for cooking, nice dining room/ living room, king sized bed, and a very nice shower and bathroom. It even had a washer and dryer. Since we had been traveling for a month, this was a nice surprise. Beautiful screened in balcony with a huge table and chairs. The view was nice. This room was very much like a nice condo. The location is far from most restaurants and shopping, so a rental car is a good idea. The staff was really nice and very helpful. Parking is free and is covered (ramp). I will certainly return. There are lots of places to walk, a full service marina, bicycles are free to use, and there are kayaks to rent.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear CaptainDon58,

We are so happy to hear that our resort was the perfect break from your recent travels! I look forward to your return visit in the near future.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

The Westin is a nice property, and the heavenly bed makes it comfortable. The room was very small, but clean, for the price. The only problems were the lighting was too dark and there were very few sockets to use for computers or cellphones. The furniture was in good shape, but the carpeting was very dirty in places.

In response to the facilities, the valet service at night was way understaffed for a hotel of its size. No one was at the entrance at 8 p.m. at night to valet your car. Breakfast was absolutely horrible. They charged $18 for a breakfast buffet that was absolutely horrible. Order off the menu, you'll be better off.

As this is in an isolated area, there are not very many hotels around. I would stay here again, but they do need to make some improvements. The staff was very nice.

Room Tip: HIgher floors have better views.