“We delayed our departure to stay one more day!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Sun and the Moon Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cape Coral
The Sun and the Moon Inn
You added The Sun and the Moon Inn to your Saves list
3962 NW Pine Island Road, Cape Coral, FL 33993   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Cape Coral B&B and Inns
lakeland, florida
“We delayed our departure to stay one more day!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2009

First stay with Curt and Sun and Moon Inn and it won't be our last.

Pros: Rooms are exactly like pictured. Very clean and accomodating. The views off the seawall were awesome. Manatees pass just 50 feet away almost hourly it seemed. The dolphin must have known we were there and came to show off with evening spectacular water shows. You wouldn't get this kind of entertainment as frequently on the ocean front or even waterfront, only on the pass. With only a few rooms, you don't have to worry about many guests taking over the pools and kayaks. The other guests were very nice and as pleased as we were. Towels smelled wonderful! Pristine white! This is a great place to compromise when "he" wants to fish and "she" just wants some R&R by the pool! Wonderful restaurants nearby, highly recommend Berts in Matlacha. We ate outside as too noisy inside (band night on a weekend). Food is good. Cultural event you can at least say you experienced if you came to Matlacha. For upscale AWESOME food, go to Reds on Pine Island. The food was delicious, staff and service of a 5 star restaurant, and we've eaten in our share of nice restaurants. This ranks up with the top 10 no doubt. If you want to fish call Captain Kirk [---]. We called last minute and he came out on a holiday weekend (Easter) to accomodate us even tho he had planned to be off. We had a family of five who rarely fish and he and his son Randy were very patient with us. Catch included plenty of mackerel, blue fish, trout and even a 20 pound shark!!!

Cons: You could tell that someone had been smoking before us in the two bedroom upstairs, this may be a smoking room... we should have asked. This B&B rents Kayaks, but look around there a far better rates. We took a 2 hour fish/kayak tour (caught nothing but not Curt's fault!) one evening. Next day rented a charter boat complete with captain, fishing gear, boat, shipmate, ice chest, etc... for same rate for four hours. Also suggest bringing your own fishing gear. Sun and Moon has rentals but it is pricey if you use it many hours.

This is a great place for a family weekend adventure or a romantic trip for two! Curt is a wonderful host, eager to accomodate and please his guests. Don't know how he manages to run such a nice place on his own but he does a great job. We will surely return....

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
St. Augustine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2009

I have been staying at the Sun and Moon Inn for 3 or 4 years now when in town for business. Curt is a gracious host and will take care of you like family. The rooms are clean and there are always snacks and goodies in the frig.
It’s amazing how you can walk into the back of the property where the pool, Jacuzzi, fire pit, numerous relaxing spots and most importantly, the water, are located and feel like you have walked into another world. The tranquility of the moving water, all of the marine and wildlife and the beautiful sunsets just lifts away any pressures and puts you in that “happy place”.
Most importantly for me, though, is the quality of fishing. The colder months find the BIG snook holed up in the small channel that runs right behind the property. I sight fished my biggest snook to date in the clear water right next to the dock… 42”. I have caught numerous other big snook and jacks right off the seawall and even hooked a sizeable tarpon one night. There’s nothing like putting in a long day of work knowing I have all of that waiting for me when I’m done.
The Sun and Moon Inn is also a great place to have as a “base” if you are fishing the Pine Island area. The dock is right there to tie up to and you can launch just a few hundred yards up the channel. Just wake up, jump in the boat and off you go. And just when you thought you are done with a long day of fishing and you return, you still have lots of opportunities right behind the property.
Bottom line…. If you have the opportunity to stay at the Sun and Moon Inn, don’t pass it up. I promise you will be a return customer for years to come!

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2009

I'd been wanting to visit the Pine Island/Matlacha area for some time so when the opportunity finally came up, I made sure I had my reservations for this delightul bed and breakfast. I arrived in the late afternoon, after driving up from Everglades City, and soon found myself sitting by the waterway behind the inn, watching manatees and greeting every passing boat that happened by.

The rooms are spacious and well appoointed, something I appreciated because I'd recently injured my leg The comfy bed and bedding was a treat, so was cable tv! Breakfast is as you like it---cereal, toast, muffins and fruit are available in the well stocked fridges, and we were always up early making coffee--fisherfolk and manatee watchers are early risers. And what a great place to watch!

I must have seen over 50 manatees during my stay there, they just swam up and down the channel, plus the odd dolphin, and every kind of shorebird imaginable, including a nesting osprey pair right next to the property on the nearest telephone pole.

Matlacha Village is a stroll down the road, with plenty of eateries on offer (I loved Bert's Bar and Grill---a cheesburger in paradise!), plus St. James City and Bokeelia are short drives away. I'd been told the feel here was of how the Keys were 30 years or so ago and I am inclined to agree. It is one of the frendliest, and fishingest, places I have ever visited and I cannot wait to return. Curt is a wonderful host.

Fishing and kayaking are on offer, or you can take a daytrip to Cayo Costa and Cabbage Key (which I enjoyed). N. Ft. Myers is nearby if you need it, but I was content to stay in my slice of heaven and enjoy the scenery.

• Liked — Everythiing, esepcially the free manatee parade.
  • Disliked — Having to go home after all.
  • Stayed December 2008
Garrison, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2008

We just returned from our 2nd visit to the Sun and Moon Inn. This time our friends flew down from New Jersey to spend the weekend with us. We had been telling them how much we loved our last stay with Curt so they decided to join us. They were as delighted with the Sun and Moon as we are. Now Curt has kayaks to rent which is a real bonus. The whole atmosphere of the inn exudes relaxation. You feel like you're staying at your best friend's house. As it was on our last trip, the rooms are clean and lovely, the view is unmatched, plenty of places to relax on the grounds, and Curt is the perfect host...he truly wants his guests to have a great time. We sure did! We hope to return again next year.

• Liked — Like-home comforts and clean.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
burnley england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2007

I arived late on friday evening and was greeted by the host curt. My room was very clean and well apointed. I awoke very early, so i made my way to the dock, within ten minuets i saw three manatee and several dolphin, fish were jumping all over the place. the three days i stayed there wern't long enough.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2007

I stumbled upon the Sun and Moon Inn over the internet. I was planning a 3 day get-a-way for my wife and I and the Sun and Moon Inn was just perfect. It was quiet, peaceful and better than the pictures on the website. Thank you Curt for your hospitality. See you again next year!

John & Linda, MI

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
Garrison, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2006

We were looking for a getaway in Florida that wasn't swarming with tourists and traffic plus we wanted a location near a natural, unspoiled area. The Sun and Moon met all our expectations. Our host, Curt, couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. The rooms are all lovely and clean and each one faces the bay. Every morning and afternoon the manatees swim past the inn. The whole area is teeming with wildlife. There's a pool and jacuzzi and lots of seating so you can just lounge and watch the world go by. Kayaks are available to rent just down the road. You feel instantly relaxed and at home here. This had to be one of the best vacations we've had. Leaving was very difficult. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2006

Been to The Sun and the Moon Inn? Share your experiences!