“Beautiful Waterfront Location, Peaceful with Great Views” 5 of 5 stars
Review of A-Bayview Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cape Coral
A-Bayview Bed and Breakfast
You added A-Bayview Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
12251 Shoreview Drive, Cape Coral, FL 33909   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Cape Coral B&B and Inns
Lima, Ohio
“Beautiful Waterfront Location, Peaceful with Great Views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Inn on the Bay during a recent quick trip to look at property in Cape Coral. We are from Ohio and I have stayed at a couple of Bed and Breakfasts in the midwest but it was my "skeptical" husbands first time. According to my husband on the plane flight home it was "one of the smartest things we could have done." We were not familiar with the Cape Coral area so after our healthy breakfast on the deck overlooking the beautiful Matlacha Bay and prior to meeting with our realtor, Bill the owner, took us on a tour of the area and gave us some great advice. Our room was spacious and clean although do to the beautiful weather and hectic schedule we did not spend much time there. If you are looking for a stress free, laid back and peaceful vacation this is the place. We fell in love with the area and made an offer on a house. We close at the end of February. Thanks to our new friends Bill and Diane for making our stay memorable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Sarnia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I just spent a week over Christmas with my mother at this lovely location. Diane and Bill were not only provided a homey atmosphere to spend this special holiday, they provided lots of great info on the area and even had a card and a little gift for us Christmas morning. My mom is in a wheelchair and the bottom room had lots of room for us to move around in. We enjoyed our conversations with Diane and Bill as well as the great breakfasts every morning. If you want to get away from the hussle and bussle of Fort Myers, head to Matlacha and visit this fantastic B&B. The ospreys welcomed us and a trip out in the mangroves prooved to be an exciting time with the manatees. The location for sunsets is one of the best in the area. This place has it all. For birders, it's also located within a resonable distance to Ding Darling, Sanibel, Corkscrew Santuary & Venice Rookery.

Room Tip: I saw all the rooms and they were all clean and bright. We stayed in bottom room which could be acc...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Linz, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed only one night which was a pity. But we were a bit in a rush, with many stops before and after, as part of our world trip. Bill and Diane were very forthcoming, despite us leaving extremely early in the morning, even gave us some breakfast the night before so we could have a bit and a drink at 6am. Very hospitable, relaxing, nice, great views. Use the canoes for a ride.

Room Tip: We had a room with a balcony, but I think there are only rooms with balcony.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I just got back from my little getaway in Matlacha. I couldn't have chosen a better place to stay at! Bayview B&B in Matlacha truly is a gem!! The pictures posted on the inn's website are true to how the inn really looks....quaint, cozy, cute, peaceful, and nature surrounding! It has so much to offer & the rates for all it has to offer make it very affordable. I stayed here for 3 nights with my boyfriend (and wish we stayed longer!). The moment we arrived, we knew we made a great choice in selecting this inn. Diane & Bill were so kind and welcoming! They gave us great recommendations on places nearby to visit. The room was spacious, and the balcony view is just so gorgeous! Everyday we spent some time on the balcony admiring the pretty, peaceful scenery. There is so much nature to see. At breakfast on the deck, we saw manatee & dolphin! We took the canoe out & a dolphin was swimming about 30 feet from us! We also fished off the dock, and the fish were plentiful. I can't wait to return to this inn in the cooler months, when I'm told, more manatee hang around the inn! If you are at all in the SW area of FL, this B&B is a must to stay at! Thanks so much Diane & Bill :) Bernadette & Giulio

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Wolcott, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

My wife and I reside in Connecticut and were recently in Cape Coral, FL searching for a home purchase. In order to make this house hunting trip more of a vacation, I decided to search the web for an alternative to typical hotel stay. I ran across the very nice web site for "A- Bayview Bed and Breakfast". The location was perfect for our house search and the village of Matlacha and Pine Island made it a real vacation.

Never having stayed in a bed and breakfast, we weren't sure what to expect. From the initial reservation phone call to the room accomodation to the daily breakfast conversations, everything was perfect. Checking in late in the evening, I was thrilled to hear my wife say “this is so cute” as we walked into our room. Our hosts, Diane and Bill, were great. Diane was an expert on local wildlife and history and Bill provided us valuable information on the local real estate market and local politics. Diane’s breakfast on the deck overlooking the bay, complete with their home grown pineapple and papaya, was something I looked forward to every morning. We sat on the dock in the morning and evening and watched dolphins and manatees swim by.

For a relaxing stay, we highly recommend A- Bayview Bed and Breakfast for a stay in Cape Coral or Matlacha, FL.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Cape Coral, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at A Bayview Bed and Breakfast. The room was comfortable, hosts are very friendly, breakfast was delicious. We loved the view, the sunsets are priceless and had fun in Matlacha at the shops and art galleries. We even took a canoe ride and saw dolphins! If you are looking for a unique place to stay with Old Florida charm, this is the place, come by boat or by car.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Pinellas Park, Florida, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

We visited here by accident - looking for a place close enough to visit with my sister when her family came down to visit in-laws. What a great surprise. Besides the wonderful hosts our first floor room had a view that reminded my wife of home (she's not from this country) when we looked out and watched the early morning fog burn off, and when the sun set in the evening. Romantic? Magical? Spiritual? Use any adjective you can think of, this place filled our hearts with love and rapture. The breakfasts were very good, hospitality great, and I had to laugh when I realized that looking for a beach on Pine Island was a lost cause! A great place to stay to unwind, relax and recharge, and plenty of things to do close by.

Room Tip: Balconies on the 2nd and 3rd floor offer a higher up view, but all rooms have a great one.
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to A-Bayview Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!