“not worth the price” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Buffet
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“not worth the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

the food was just so so.. not really worth the price. the taste was bland, no real chinese flavor. The General Tso's Chicken wasnt spicy at all.

Visited June 2014

“still the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

its been awhile since I've been here, last time I rated it very good, this time I have to say excellent. we got there about 5 o'clock on Saturday afternoon, the restaurant was moderately busy. all the food was hot fresh and delicious. the crab legs were outstanding, Gently snap a leg in half, and the meat slid out, the spring rolls, and egg rolls were crispy. I was disappointed there were no fried dumplings on the buffet, I asked a waitress, and she said how many would you like, and she promptly disappeared into the kitchen, and came to my table a few minutes later, with six perfectly fried dumplings, for which I rewarded her with a TripAdvisor outstanding service pin. all in all service and food were outstanding. as I said the last time I reviewed this restaurant, it is the best Chinese buffet I have found in Southwest Florida. the fried shrimp were great, the ribs tender and juicy, the salad fresh and crispy. they have a good selection, as well as a Mongolian wok, again I ate too much, to sample the fresh looking items being prepared before your eyes. they have a scoop your own ice cream section, instead of the usual soft ice cream machine, pies, cakes, fruits, and the best powder sugar Chinese donuts.
Bon Appetit

Cape Coral, Florida
“Great for grazing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

3/19/2014
Well, It has been over a year since I have been here. I have tasted many other buffets.

I must say this knocks it out of the park.. First the salad bar. Crab salad (maybe imitation?), coleslaw,3 lettuce variety & 9 dressings.( More than Jason deli or Sweet Tomatoes.) Many add on olive ,cheese , hard boiled eggs etc.. A good selection. All fresh good lookin...( oh yeah boiled ,clean it your self & eat shrimp on ice)
Dessert bar same lots of fresh and tasty items.

Sushi 6-7 choices with ginger, wasabi, hot sauce etc .Excellent!

Now the main entrée. The fried chicken wings usually dried and tasteless not so here. Egg rolls cabbage crispy and lite. A peanut butter chicken dish not my fav but good. A spinach roll in a very light flaky crust roll .mmmmmmmmmm. Noodles good. AHH the fish fried & steamed,... I went back for more...
Over all this is really a good place. food is well prepared nothing dried or greasy as sometimes you may find.

CHECK THIS PLACE OUT!

Note....I was here on a Wednesday at 1100 AM . So your experience may be different

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ronkonkoma, New York
“An OK Buffet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Stopped here for lunch with family. I love Chinese food so when family said they wanted to take us out to the Buffet, I could not wait to get some chinese food. The Empire Buffet does look a little worn down on the outside but a lot of chinese buffet's do. Inside, kind of the same thing, however, the staff was courteous. Got up to get some food, and they had a decent selection. Missing was some Boneless ribs/RIbs, but oh well. The Shrimp was good. Enjoyed the usual selections. Even the Sushi was good. Could have used the soft serve Ice Cream instead of the kind you scoop. Overall, the food was good, but there could have been more of a selection. The place does look worn down, and could use a nice makeover, but it is a spot for locals and if visiting family again, we would go back.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ocala
“HEALTH DEPT”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

I went to the restroom to wash my hands saw the server going into a stall & then heard her having a bowel movement came out of the stall and rinsed her hands with water. I asked her if she was going to use soap and she said no it's ok and walked out. I confronted the manager twice and she did absolutely nothing. Unfortunately, my filt and I had finished eating when I had to the bathroom. WILL NEVER GO HERE AGAIN AND I M CALLING THE HEALTH DEPT.

• Visited February 2014