“Great family vacation spot” 4 of 5 stars

You added Royal Mansions Resort to your Saves list
Royal Mansions Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8600 Ridgewood Avenue, Cape Canaveral, FL 32920   |
Rochester, New York
“Great family vacation spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We styled in a 2 bedroom unit for our family vacation in August. The unit we stayed in needs some updating and it wasn't super clean. The carpets were pretty dirty. The location of this complex is awesome. It is perfect if you plan to spend your days on the beach. We also enjoyed the views of the cruise ships coming in and out almost every day.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
nlewis86, General Manager at Royal Mansions Resort, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you "vacagirl23" for your review of your recent stay at Royal Mansion. We have recently had the carpets cleaned in all the carpeted units and I have passed your review to the owner of the unit you stayed in to facilitate some upgrades. We hope you will stay with us on your next beach vacation.

134 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Melbourne, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Went to an atm ($200) before checking in, did a little shopping, spent $86, ($200 - $86 = $114.) enjoyed the pool and the beach during the day. Came back to the room to get ready for dinner. Had dinner, opened wallet to pay for dinner and only had $74. in it. $40. Missing... I guess that's what I get for not using the safe that's offered at RM. So, if you stay there. Lock up your valuables. After all, trust is earned, not given.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
nlewis86, General Manager at Royal Mansions Resort, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
I am the general manager at Royal Mansion and I have contacted this guest to get more information to investigate this issue. We had no prior knowldge until this review, it is not acceptable or tolerated.
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

five girlfriends took a trip to Royal Mansions for the weekend (9/19-9/22) The hotel looks NOTHING like what they depict online. The room was really, really, gross. This is a review I've placed on other sites.

The location of this hotel is beautiful. BUT! Warning! It looks nothing like the pictures. Yes, the beach is nice, The pool area is nice enough, the problem was with the room itself. I stayed in Room 1302 with friends for the weekend and it was FILTHY. I'm talking about coffee rings and mold in the inside of the mugs in the cabinet. Ceiling pieces and drywall particles all over the upstairs bedroom floor. For such a beautiful view, you would think they could clean the windows! They were filthy!!! There were 4 towels in the room. VERY SMALL ones. No extra for the beach. When we called the front desk to request more towels... it went to a voicemail, I tried three times on Saturday morning for more towels and NEVER reached anyone. We never once saw a member of hotel staff on the grounds to even ask anyone. It was like we were deserted. It's really a shame because the place has potential. It's pretty cheap, I suppose.. bring your own towels and lysol.

Room Tip: If you don't have an ocean view, I couldn't imagine making it through your stay.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
nlewis86, General Manager at Royal Mansions Resort, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you "tampablue" for your review on your recent stay. I am sorry you had problems and wish we had been told while you were here to correct them. I am not sure about the staff not being visable, I can assure you that all deparments worked this weekend and in fact , several remember getting your extra towels, pool towels and discussing a late check out. Windows are cleaned in every unit before check in. On a direct ocean front unit it doesn't last too long because of the salt spray and when you add the wind and rain it doesn't help. Again, I apologize your stay wasn't as you expected.
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I stayed here in September 2010. I had not left a review at the time, rather contacted management via email directly. I did not receive a response although I was not expected one. I just felt it was my responsibility to be honest and help a fellow business. However, another of my parents client's happen to have stumbled upon this place recently as well and shared the same sentiments.

Rather, then speaking for somebody else (although what they have to say is the same as what I wrote 3 years ago), in fairness I will only post what I had to say about this place in 2010, and note that things may have changed for the better since then. Please use this as a warning to any future vacationers just to make sure they get the room they expect and see on pictures.

The only advice I would give is ASK FOR PICTURES OF THE EXACT UNIT YOU WILL BE STAYING IN AND REQUEST ONE THAT HAS BEEN UPDATED.

The Letter I sent on 09/09/10 via email (if anybody needs an email address or a name please let me know):

Hello,

We stayed at Royal Mansions Cap Canaveral this weekend and have a room booked for our honey moon. Also, we were visiting to add the hotel to our list of american destination at my parents travel agency. I am not sure if you are interested at all in customers opinion but it is always my stand to help out, especially future customers.

The customer service and location were pretty good. However the room was a total disaster and is nothing like what is shown in the picture. In France this is called inaccurate advertisement and is punishable by law. We encountered some online reviews before coming there, noticed that the rooms were not decorated the same and had asked for the best available room. The mixer was broken, the washer did not work, the appliances were old, the decoration left to be desired and on one of the couches there was a humorous note telling us that is was broken and directing us to use the adjacent couch instead.

It would only be but fair to add pictures of these rooms on the website so customers know exactly what they are paying for. It would only be but fair to have the owners update these rooms or offer discounts depending on the room or take these rooms off the market. Is is too risky to send one of my clients not knowing the room.

As you can see I did not ask to be reimbursed, however it is needless to say that our honeymoon there will be canceled.

Should you wish to make an effort please contact us when some upgrades are made and we will add you to our list.

Thank you.

Room Tip: Ask for pictures of the exact unit that you will be staying in and request an updated one.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
I am sorry "habatchina" had issues during their stay at Royal Mansion. I apologize that a response was not given to the personal email,we try to answer all both online and personal. The issues you encountered should not ever happen, I am not sure the details from your stay so I can only apologize and assure you we do our best to make sure these problems do not happen.
Selden, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of staying at this amazing resort with me entire family of around 60 people! Everyone from the grandparents to the grandchildren had an amazing time. Between the pool that was spacious enough for everyone to hang out in and around and the beautiful clean beach just a boardwalk away, we were never bored or without comfortable space to relax and gather. The units were perfect with plenty of living space for everyone to visit together and kitchens perfect for us to prepare most of our meals. The staff couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful. I would recommend this place to ANYONE looking to travel to the Cape Canaveral area and will definitely be returning!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
nlewis86, General Manager at Royal Mansions Resort, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you "jamesley13" for letting us know about your recent family reunion. It was our pleasure to see your family reconnect and I am pleased everyone had a great time! We look forward to your next reunion!
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We had our family reunion at Royal Mansions, and had the best time! Our family is large and has varying tastes, and sizes, but this place fit them all. The staff was very accommodating, helpful, and friendly. This place is a condo to rent, not a hotel room, so keep that in mind, but it was perfect for us. My family of 5 had a patio unit, there was so much space, and it was nice to have a separate bedroom & a full kitchen. The prices here are the best I could find in the Cocoa Beach area (trust me, I planned the reunion, and I have looked at almost every place around)! The pool is great, and the beach is beautiful here. It is a quieter area and nice to just relax! Our family also enjoyed the breakfast, it was basic, but the kids like cereal and muffins, so we saved $ just by having this extra perk. We live in Orlando, an hour away, and will definitely be coming back and telling our friends!

Room Tip: A patio unit is ground floor, with a patio in front, separate bed room, Murphy bed, sleeper sofa, fu...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
nlewis86, General Manager at Royal Mansions Resort, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you "mesejm" for letting us know about your recent reunion held at Royal Mansion Resort. I am glad you and your family enjoyed yourselves and we were able to accomodate your needs. We enjoyed watching your family members reconnect and appreciate our part. We hope you will think of us again for your next vacation.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Me and my family recently stayed in room 1113 and 1309.
The rooms were the cleanest rooms we've ever had the pleasure to stay in at a condo.
When we needed towels or any cleaning done our young housekeeper was outstanding and on the ball. She was courteous and thorough.
We most definitely won't hesitate to stay at Royal Mansions again!

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you "chloeeliselowe" for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I am happy to hear you and your family enjoyed yourselves and that our staff was able to be helpful too. We look forward to a return visit!

Been to Royal Mansions Resort? Share your experiences!