“Had a great time right on the beach” 5 of 5 stars

Royal Mansions Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8600 Ridgewood Avenue, Cape Canaveral, FL 32920   |
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Cape Canaveral
Orlando, Florida
“Had a great time right on the beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stayed here and had a great time and cant wait to go back. The hotel is located right on the beach which was great as we didn't have to get in the car and drive.,. very relaxing. The kids could just walk to the beach and didn't have to worry about traffic. The lady that checked us in was very helpful. The room was clean and perfect for a family. Breakfast was perfect as well

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
nlewis86, General Manager at Royal Mansions Resort, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you "lovetraveling1969" for the review on your recent stay at Royal Mansion Resort. I am very happy your family enjoyed your stay and we look forward to a return visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
West Palm Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Stayed in room 3208 the weekend of July 19, 2013. Arrived late in day and after checking in found room had not been cleaned, garbage was overflowing, sheets were soiled, coffee filter not cleaner, still contained coffee from prior occupants. It was after 9 and no one was available to clean. Was a long night sleeping on sofa. Mold in bathroom, tub rusty and tub and shower fixtures should be replaced. Room should not be rented again until these items are corrected. Called housekeeping the following at 8.00, had to visit the office and wait until 11.00 before some was sent to clean room

Room Tip: Each room is maintained differently, choose a different hotel if you want to avoid surprises.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
nlewis86, Front Office Manager at Royal Mansions Resort, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
My apologies to "kenneth N" for all the issues he had during his recent stay at Royal Mansion Resort. I can assure you that the issues were rectified and I am again sorry for the problems that occured during the stay.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I recently stayed at the Royal Mansions Resort, and I enjoyed my stay there. The rooms were clean the staff was pleasant and always friendly. It was conveniently located so I did not have to travel too far, it was just all around a great experience. They also offered a great continental breakfast which came in handy on those morning when I was on the go with my family. It was a great find and I will be staying at the Royal Mansions again when I visit around the holidays.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
nlewis86, General Manager at Royal Mansions Resort, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you "Meneishs T" for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at Royal Mansion Resort! We are always happy to hear our guest had a great time! We look forward to your return visit!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed with our two children for a week at this wonderful resort, Royal Mansions. When we got to the resort, the staff was friendly and helpful with suggesting some restaurants in the area we could eat as the kids were hungry. We checked into our room and were very impressed at how clean and comfortable the room was. The bedding was fresh and the room stocked with plenty of towels for our family of four.

The location is great as it is right on the beach. There is also a nice pool and jaccuzi that we enjoyed almost every day as well. Continental breakfast was available every morning which is a huge plus on vacation with hungry kids! Overall we had a great experience at Royal Mansions and look forward to staying there again the next time we visit Florida!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
nlewis86, General Manager at Royal Mansions Resort, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you "JoshP" for taking time to review your recent stay at Royal Mansion Resort. I am so happy you had a good vacation, it is very rewarding to us when we meet or exceed a guest 's expectations! We look forward to your next stay!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

The borad of health needs to look into this place.

Very dirty floors, shower, sheets did not appear to be changed. Pillows stianed with sweat. Asked floors to be mopped just cleaned what sweep up. Dinning room table dirty. Blood on boxsprings. Do I need to say more. Grose

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you "infor00infor00" for your review. I can assure you that any issues that were found have been taken care of. I apologize for your troubles.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Manger of customer service was rude. No information, one large towel for family if 6. Also room was for a family of 6. No bed capacity no covers and no pillows. Air conditioning quit working in middle of night and tv in bed room didn't work. Not good service for a family of six. Would not recommend for a young family. Not very family oriented in my opinion. Very very disappointed!

• Stayed July 2013
My apologies to "Llllllnm" for the problems during her stay. The patio units do have the capability to sleep 6 - bed, sofabed and murphy bed and the extra linens should have been in the unit. We were not aware of the air conditioner problem but did fix the bedroom TV the next day. Again I do apologize.
NYC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Arrived early at noon time and was advised the room wouldn't be ready until 3PM. That's fine, but I was told that they couldn't store our luggage in a protected area. My car was packed full and I couldn't use the down time to go food shopping etc. A bit annoying.

I received a call from the clerk about two hours later that our two bedroom condo was ready. We arrived and checked in. After getting settled I went down to the living room area and noticed a pretty bad mold smell. An afternoon thunder storm rolled in and water started leaking trough a light fixture onto the living room table. The winds caused a torn window awning to flap real loud and brought attention to a cracked window in the upstairs bedroom. The furnishings were horrible, aged and stained.

I visited the front desk and waited for about a half hour until they located another room. I then waited another hour or so for it to be available. I moved into that room which had better furnishings and seemed much cleaner. It did have a light smell of mold and mildew though. On the second day a leak sprouted upstairs causing pieces of the popcorn ceiling to fall down on the floor.

The rest of the week was uneventful. The beach is just average. The waves break in an odd fashion making it impossible to swim with average waves for body surfing. The pool area is small but clean. The buffet breakfast is nothing more than defristed waffles and bagels ready for toasting, some cereal and coffee. The fruit selection appeared to be only apples wraped in saran wrap.

Cape Canaveral Beach is a bit seedy. There are more strip clubs than Chinese Restaurants. I witness someone trying to run someone over at the local 7-11 and saw a lot of questionable people on the beach. This is not a family vacation destination.

I didn't find the staff at the hotel to be all that nice. I wouldn't return to the hotel or the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you "cbgb" for your review of your recent vacation. I apologize that the afternoon rains brought issues with your unit, but am happy we were able to shift things around and get you moved into a different one. I am sorry you didn't enjoy our beach or surrounding area. I can assure you Cape Canaveral is quite safe for individuals or families. I again apologize for the issues you had during your stay.

Been to Royal Mansions Resort? Share your experiences!