“Great Location...but need to refurbish and re model rooms” 3 of 5 stars

Royal Mansions Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8600 Ridgewood Avenue, Cape Canaveral, FL 32920   |
Ranked #5 of 6 hotels in Cape Canaveral
Windermere, Florida
“Great Location...but need to refurbish and re model rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The front desk staff is prompt and professional. When we got to our room: the range was broken did not work, imediatelly they changed to another room. The second room was old in need of improvement, paint, new furniture etc.etc.
I noticed that other rooms were nicer, therefore just depends where you booked your room, I guess.
There will not be a next time at Royal Mansion.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
nlewis86, General Manager at Royal Mansions Resort, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
I am sorry for the problems "braziliantravelers" had during their recent stay at Royal Mansion Resort. I am glad to hear the front desk handled the issues promptly but apologize the next room was not up to standard. I have reviewed the room and made contact with the owner to make changes as suggested. Thank you for your review and I hope you will stay with us again.

137 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Know what you are getting into before booking: word is that all the condos vary in quality even though, perhaps, you may be paying the same fee. Ours was worn in many ways, peeling paint, rust on the fridge, small awkward old tube tv in a large cabinet (which partially covered the best window view) in the bedroom area. The condo was small, choppy and awkwardly laid out. The balcony faced the parking lot instead of the side of the room where the ocean was. We did have an awesome ocean view which was the highlight of the place. The bathroom had a separate shower but no lighting so it very dark and creepy. The dining area appeared to be a redesign of an old balcony with a step down and an indoor glassed window to the bedroom. It was a tripping hazard and gave no privacy in the bedroom. It was a design disaster and there really wasn't a lot of concern for the occupant's comfort. Additionally, the bed was rock hard, and the kitchen supplies cheap and shoddy. The bowls resembled cheap potty insert bowls (very appetizing for serving). As for breakfast, if you are on a gluten free diet, you are out of luck. It is all sugar and carbs, muffins, doughnuts, eggo like waffles, not a lot else. They did have some plastic wrapped, old looking apples (we got one one day that appeared rotten on the bottom) that were never seemed to be changed out the week we were there. Maybe other rooms were better quality than the one we were in, but if you are paying the same fee, don't you deserve standardized high quality throughout instead of a mishmash of maybe good, maybe shoddy? We paid a significant sum to stay for our week, and in comparison to other places we've stayed for similar charges, it did NOT measure up. Although we enjoyed our stay in the area, we would probably find alternative accommodations if we visit again, as we really believe we paid too high a price for mediocrity and shabby interior surroundings. It was a damper on our enjoyment and not a good value in my opinion.

Room Tip: No one made us aware that quality of rooms varied in this establishment. I'm really not sure wha...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you "lachase" for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I apologize that the kitchen supplies were not as expected, I can assure you they were not "potty bowls" it is just easier because of breakage to have plastic bowls versus glass in a rental unit. The units are individually owned but we keep inventory and had we known, we would have been happy to replace or expand the kitchen items. Our breakfast is a "continental" breakfast which does tend to be higher on the carbohydrate side but we offer a large variety and try to have something for everyone. Again, I apologize that "lachase"'s stay was not as expected and hope they will give us a chance to do better.
maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

My husband & I were here in February, along with several other friends in building three. We were much happier with our condo this year, as it was cleaner and the beds were great! We did feel, however, that the service was not as good this time. Several times when trying to get clean towels, we were told there wasn't any and we had to come back. The beach towels are a joke! Come on, Royal Mansions, the money we spend per night, you should be able to provide normal size towels....these are child size and very thin.
We had a great week, rented bikes again, love all the nice places to eat, esp Fish Lips.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
nlewis86, General Manager at Royal Mansions Resort, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
I appreciate and thank "dianajo" for her review of her recent stay at Royal Mansion. I apologize about the towel situation and will talk to the housekeeping staff to assure this isn't an issue again. We do use smaller towels at the pool, it speeds up the drying time and we do not limit how many a guest uses. I am glad your stay was good overall and look forward to your return.
King George, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Just stayed at the Royal Mansions Resort for a week and absolutely loved it. My husband and I stayed with my daughter, son in law and granddaughter. We were in unit 1309 and it was very clean inside, spacious rooms, kitchen had everything we needed. The private walk to the beach was wonderful and we got the same spot on the beach every day. We swam in the pool almost every day as well and enjoyed it as well as the jacuzzi. Not sure where the peacocks come from but for this animal lover it was a pleasant experience to see them every day!!! The staff was friendly and always helpful. I would love to go back and stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
nlewis86, General Manager at Royal Mansions Resort, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you "dSunflowers" for taking the time to write a review about you recent vacation at Royal Mansion Resort. I am happy the unit was as you expected and you were able to enjoy our beautiful beach and pool/jacuzzi. I am glad the staff was helpful and we all look forward to you and your family visiting us again. Oh and the peacocks are wild, they have roamed around this area for years and years. I am glad you got to see the males with their full plumage!
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Hotel is decent for the area, the breakfast is worthless and includes some coffee a box of cold eggo waffles and some mini donuts, beach out front is great and so is the pool. The rooms are nice but since they are privately owned the consistency varies. Beds in both units we stayed in were horrible though and since they are privately owned there is no housekeeping. Overall good, would stay again

Room Tip: get the 2 bedroom
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
nlewis86, General Manager at Royal Mansions Resort, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
As the General Manager of Royal Mansion I would like to thank "eric5906" for taking the time to let us know about his stay. Our units are individually owned and I am sorry that the beds in both units he stayed in were not comfortable. Our breakfast is a continental breakfast and consists of english muffins, two types of bagels,waffles,mini muffins,donuts, two kinds of cold cereal, oatmeal, apples, four types of juice, milk, coffee, tea, hot chocolate and jellies, syrup,cream cheese and butter. There are toasters to warm/brown the waffles and bagels to the individual's taste. We do offer housekeeping but since these are condominiums some people do not want to be bothered with daily service so we have made it an "add on" option. Daily towel or sheet exchange is also offered. Again I apologize to "Eric 5906" that we did not meet all of his vacation expectations and hope to see him here again.
Massena, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We stayed in unit 1115 for the month of February and we were so happy with our condo. It was clean, well maintained, and very beachy feeling. The ocean was literally steps away and absolutely beautiful. We never used the pool or jacuzzi while there because we felt with the ocean that close why be cooped up in the pool area. We would recommend this resort to anyone and we plan on going back again next year. It is also,conveniently located near everything.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
nlewis86, General Manager at Royal Mansions Resort, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
While "tic7376" did not stay in a unit the on site managment company represents, as the General Manager I am glad to hear the property fulfilled their vacation needs. I would agree our beach is awesome!
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We booked this hotel for a weekend celebration for my son's 15th birthday. We arrived and although the room we had was nice, you couldn't see the beach from the location. Not a big deal but we like to spend a lot of time on the balcony. I spoke to Ali at the front desk and she said she'd try to do something for us. To my surprise, she called my cell while we were out grocery shopping and said they had a room for $30 more for the 2 nights that we might like better. We got back and we beyond pleasantly surprised! It had the most amazing views, from 2 large windows and the balcony, it was facing the beach directly. We had the best time and I am so thankful to Ali, she was so sweet!! We met Maggie as well, and she was just as friendly. The pool was nice, it was a short walk to the pier and we watched the cruise ships go out on Saturday. Great place and great staff! Will definately be back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
nlewis86, General Manager at Royal Mansions Resort, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Thanks to "JZadow1" for letting us know how much they enjoyed their stay at Royal Mansion Resort. I am glad things went as they wanted and their son had a great birthday. We look forward to their next visit!

Been to Royal Mansions Resort? Share your experiences!