“Customer Service Exceeded Expectations - GREAT Family Vacation” 4 of 5 stars

Royal Mansions Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8600 Ridgewood Avenue, Cape Canaveral, FL 32920   |
Ranked #6 of 6 hotels in Cape Canaveral
Mississauga
“Customer Service Exceeded Expectations - GREAT Family Vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed at the Royal Mansions for a family vacation. When we first arrived at our suite we noticed that it was quite a walk to the beach/pool etc. for my son who has a disability. The staff was more than accomodating in finding us another suite where everything would be more easily accessed by my son. The grounds were clean, the pool was clean and the staff was outstanding.
The lady who served breakfast was incredibly gracious, kind and efficient. Breakfast was a bit basic, but it did the trick to get us started in the morning to enjoy that beautiful beach. Perhaps some more fruit selection and some yogurt might be considered.
I agree with other reviewers that the condo was a bit outdated, but it was clean and the full kitchen was TRULY a full kitchen which made things very easy!
Kudos to the front desk staff for great service and excellet tips on places to go in the area, as well as the cleaning staff for making our experience homey and comfortable.
In short,If you are looking for "luxury" hotel accomodations, you will most definitely pay "luxury" prices. If you are looking for an affordable, very pleasant place to stay this is it in my opinion.
I am already planning my trip for next summer and I definitely know where I would like to stay :)

Room Tip: We stayed in a corner unit which was lovely and bright during the day, and sufficiently dark and qui...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
nlewis86, General Manager at Royal Mansions Resort, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you "Didi906" for your review of your recent stay at Royal Mansion Resort. I am happy we were able to accomodate your needs and that you and your family had a great time. We look forward to your return visit.

137 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Saint Pete Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stayed at the Royal Mansions Resort for a long weekend getaway. Our room had a beautiful ocean view. The resort was very nice and well maintained. The staff was really pleasant, available and eager to offer assistance. Our room, though a little dated, offered everything we needed - a nice dinette area, a separate bedroom, fully equipped kitchen, etc. The living room sofa was a bit uncomfortable and the front was propped up with 2x4's, however, it worked and served it's purpose. The bed was very comfortable (but, bring your own pillows). The balcony chairs were typical plastic Adirondacks. One needed to be replaced and the staff was extremely prompt and responsive to this request. The pool was clean, the beach was very clean, private and absolutely gorgeous. The continental breakfast was fairly typical with a good variety of pastries, muffins & bagels. The coffee was very good. I would like to see more fruits, yogurts, etc, but that's just me. The location is very convenient - I liked that it wasn't on "hotel row"; it felt much more 'homey'. I would absolutely recommend the Royal Mansions Resort and am already looking forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: Upper level if room has an ocean view. Bring your own pillow.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
nlewis86, General Manager at Royal Mansions Resort, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
I would like to thank "SBPVacationers" for their review of Royal Mansion Resort. I can assure you I will get the sofa situation resolved, and have in fact shared this review with the unit owner, but am happy to hear the staff did what they could to make your stay enjoyable. We look forward to your return visit!
Plantation, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I went with the family, and I loved it. Very nice and clean. Breakfast is very basic, but it is a solution when you have a big family. The beach was beatiful.

What I liked the most was the attention of the hotel crew. Everybody was very nice.

I will definetely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you "j1969" for taking the time to review your stay at Royal Mansions resort. I am happy to see you had a good time and look forward to your next visit!
Winter Park, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

The day before we checked out there was a plumbing problem where our water was shut off for 6 hours. I understand those things are uncontrollable but twice my husband asked if in exchange for our inconvenience we could have a late check out. Both times he was told that it is normally an extra $50 and there is no supervisor on hand to authorize otherwise. When he did check out they didn't even offer an apology for the water situation.
Our unit was clean but everything in it was VERY old. I have no problem with an older unit but all of the furniture and carpets were easily 25 years old, damp, chipped and stained. That kind of turned me off. We live only about 45 minutes away so it was fine for a long weekend but if I traveled from out of state or out of the country to stay for a week or longer I would be very disappointed. There are plenty of other places to stay in the area or along the Florida cost for the price.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
nlewis86, General Manager at Royal Mansions Resort, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
We are very sorry for the inconvenience "sio327" had to endure when a water pipe burst during their stay. We had to get a plumber and the pipe was repaired as fast as possible. The $50 late stay fee is for a 5:00PM check out. Our normal check out time is 11AM and a 1PM check out was offered to "sio327". We can only authorize later check outs if there is not a scheduled reservation for a unit. There has to be time for housekeeping before the 3PM check in time. We always encourage guest to stay and use the beach/pool and there is a shower in the poolside restroom. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience and apparent misunderstanding regarding a later check out.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

After researching Royal Mansions Resort online my husband and I felt confident that it would be a great place to stay while vacationing at Cape Canaveral.....Boy Where We Wrong! Upon arrival I quickly noticed that there were some things that I knew I would not be happy with. The photos from the website and the actual unit we were given were totally different and our unit was clearly outdated. We immediately returned to the front desk and staff attempted to offer us another unit. After going to check it out we quickly realized that the new unit he was attempting to give us was in worse condition than the first one that he initially offered us and when we inquired about their cancellation policy we were told that because we booked through a third party ( hotels.com) that there was nothing that they could do. I contacted hotels.com and was told that we could cancel the reservation but it would take 3-7 business days before the money ( which by the way was over $500) would be refunded back to our credit card. Basically, the only other option we had was to spend more money upfront to get another hotel which we ultimately decided not to do. We ended up staying for 5 days which is what we booked for but the room was dirty, the floor was filthy, the bed spread was dirty, the patio had plastic furniture that was dirty from bird droppings and the patio porch had mold growing on it. The kitchen sink was broke and water from the sink backed up into the dishwasher, all of the kitchen appliances including the cabinets were outdated, there was not an exhaust fan in the bathroom or kitchen and when we cooked the smoke alarm went off, also only two eyes on the stove worked. The blanket that my daughter slept on had a huge hole in it, and we could barely get cell phone reception in the room. Continental breakfast was a joke and after waking up early one morning to try get it before it was over (9:30 am) we decided it wasn't worth waking up early for. On a good note, although the bedspread was dirty, the sheets appeared to be clean and the mattress was quite confortable. Make no mistake about it.....I would never stay here again.
Sign,
Do no waste your money

• Stayed July 2012
nlewis338, General Manager at Royal Mansions Resort, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
As the General Manager of Royal Mansion Resort, I am sorry "blackbutterfly40" had a bad experience at our property. We did show other units and offered to cancel the reservation without invoking the 24 hour cancel penalty as soon as they called the third party with whom they booked. When they elected to stay in the unit we did not hear again so assumed all was well. Any maintenance or housekeeping issues would have been handled right away if we had a complaint. Our free continental breakfast offers two kinds of cold cereal along with oatmeal. We have english muffins, waffles, breakfast muffins, donuts, bagels, coffee, 4 juices, milk, tea and hot chocolate along with jellies, syrups and cream cheese. We try to offer a wide variety for all our guest. Again I do apologize and wish we had known while "blackbutterfly 40" was in house so we could have had these issues corrected.
Columbus, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Although our unit was showing it's age a bit, we enjoyed our stay very much and hope to return. Get a unit on the second or third floor so you can see the ocean. The first floor units can only see the dunes and you need to be up higher to see over the dunes. We liked the location-- away from the touristy area of Cocoa Beach, but close enough to go there if you want to. The beach is beautiful and not very crowded. Skip the continental breakfast-- limited choices on food, bad coffee and no tables to sit at.

Room Tip: Book above the first floor for an ocean view. The dunes, though beautiful block the view of the oce...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Royal Mansions Resort, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Thanks to "LindaW" on her review of Royal Mansion. I am glad her stay went well and she was able to enjoy our beautiful beach. We do offer a full continental breakfast including juices and coffee, and as the units are all fully equiped we also put coffee that can be brewed in the supplied coffee maker to an individuals personal taste! We look foward to your next stay!
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

My four day experience here was exceptional! The room was more affordable than anything I found at Best Western, Holiday Inn, and Hampton Inns along the coast in central Florida (at least $50.00 per night cheaper), and the ammenities far exceeded what I could have got at any other place for the money. I stayed for $125.00 per night and got a 760 sq. ft "room" with a separate bedroom (queen bed and flat screen TV); large bathroom with separate shower and bathtub; complete kitchen with full size appliances (includind a dishwasher; all clean and new, with all eating utensils and dishes); separate dining room; a large living room with 2 sofas (1 folded out into a bed), two recliners, and a large flat screen TV, and a murphy bed (double size). The inside was spotlessly clean and extremely well maintained. The AC worked incredibly well and cooled the entire place in less than 5 minutes. This place is in a very nice, quiet and clean residential neighborhood. My whole family felt very safe and comfortable the whole time.

Check in and check out was smooth and trouble free. There is a $1.50 per night charge for using the in-room safe, but I was told when I checked in that if I didn't use it, I would not be charged for it. When I checked out, I was surprised that the lady at the front desk actually asked me if I used the safe so I would not be charged that additional fee (most places will charge you if you don't remember to tell them). Pool and hot tub were great and the beach was the most private and the least crowded that I have ever seen in Florida.

When I return to Florida next year, I will not consider any other place to stay besides the Royal Mansions Resort. Incredibly clean, safe, modern, comfortable, private, and relaxing! I truly hated to leave! Without a doubt, this is the best place I have ever stayed at while on vacation!

Room Tip: First floor rooms are easiest to move luggage in and out.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
I would like to thank "TravelSmart2012" for taking the time to let us know about their stay at Royal Mansion Resort. It is always gratifying when we hear are goals of a wonderful vacation for our guest were met. We look forward to their return stay and the opportunity to make it as great as this one!

Been to Royal Mansions Resort? Share your experiences!