“Do Yourself a Favor....Don't Stay Here!!!” 1 of 5 stars

You added Royal Mansions Resort to your Saves list
Royal Mansions Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8600 Ridgewood Avenue, Cape Canaveral, FL 32920   |
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Cape Canaveral
“Do Yourself a Favor....Don't Stay Here!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

After researching Royal Mansions Resort online my husband and I felt confident that it would be a great place to stay while vacationing at Cape Canaveral.....Boy Where We Wrong! Upon arrival I quickly noticed that there were some things that I knew I would not be happy with. The photos from the website and the actual unit we were given were totally different and our unit was clearly outdated. We immediately returned to the front desk and staff attempted to offer us another unit. After going to check it out we quickly realized that the new unit he was attempting to give us was in worse condition than the first one that he initially offered us and when we inquired about their cancellation policy we were told that because we booked through a third party ( hotels.com) that there was nothing that they could do. I contacted hotels.com and was told that we could cancel the reservation but it would take 3-7 business days before the money ( which by the way was over $500) would be refunded back to our credit card. Basically, the only other option we had was to spend more money upfront to get another hotel which we ultimately decided not to do. We ended up staying for 5 days which is what we booked for but the room was dirty, the floor was filthy, the bed spread was dirty, the patio had plastic furniture that was dirty from bird droppings and the patio porch had mold growing on it. The kitchen sink was broke and water from the sink backed up into the dishwasher, all of the kitchen appliances including the cabinets were outdated, there was not an exhaust fan in the bathroom or kitchen and when we cooked the smoke alarm went off, also only two eyes on the stove worked. The blanket that my daughter slept on had a huge hole in it, and we could barely get cell phone reception in the room. Continental breakfast was a joke and after waking up early one morning to try get it before it was over (9:30 am) we decided it wasn't worth waking up early for. On a good note, although the bedspread was dirty, the sheets appeared to be clean and the mattress was quite confortable. Make no mistake about it.....I would never stay here again.
Sign,
Do no waste your money

• Stayed July 2012
nlewis338, General Manager at Royal Mansions Resort, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
As the General Manager of Royal Mansion Resort, I am sorry "blackbutterfly40" had a bad experience at our property. We did show other units and offered to cancel the reservation without invoking the 24 hour cancel penalty as soon as they called the third party with whom they booked. When they elected to stay in the unit we did not hear again so assumed all was well. Any maintenance or housekeeping issues would have been handled right away if we had a complaint. Our free continental breakfast offers two kinds of cold cereal along with oatmeal. We have english muffins, waffles, breakfast muffins, donuts, bagels, coffee, 4 juices, milk, tea and hot chocolate along with jellies, syrups and cream cheese. We try to offer a wide variety for all our guest. Again I do apologize and wish we had known while "blackbutterfly 40" was in house so we could have had these issues corrected.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Columbus, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Although our unit was showing it's age a bit, we enjoyed our stay very much and hope to return. Get a unit on the second or third floor so you can see the ocean. The first floor units can only see the dunes and you need to be up higher to see over the dunes. We liked the location-- away from the touristy area of Cocoa Beach, but close enough to go there if you want to. The beach is beautiful and not very crowded. Skip the continental breakfast-- limited choices on food, bad coffee and no tables to sit at.

Room Tip: Book above the first floor for an ocean view. The dunes, though beautiful block the view of the oce...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Royal Mansions Resort, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Thanks to "LindaW" on her review of Royal Mansion. I am glad her stay went well and she was able to enjoy our beautiful beach. We do offer a full continental breakfast including juices and coffee, and as the units are all fully equiped we also put coffee that can be brewed in the supplied coffee maker to an individuals personal taste! We look foward to your next stay!
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

My four day experience here was exceptional! The room was more affordable than anything I found at Best Western, Holiday Inn, and Hampton Inns along the coast in central Florida (at least $50.00 per night cheaper), and the ammenities far exceeded what I could have got at any other place for the money. I stayed for $125.00 per night and got a 760 sq. ft "room" with a separate bedroom (queen bed and flat screen TV); large bathroom with separate shower and bathtub; complete kitchen with full size appliances (includind a dishwasher; all clean and new, with all eating utensils and dishes); separate dining room; a large living room with 2 sofas (1 folded out into a bed), two recliners, and a large flat screen TV, and a murphy bed (double size). The inside was spotlessly clean and extremely well maintained. The AC worked incredibly well and cooled the entire place in less than 5 minutes. This place is in a very nice, quiet and clean residential neighborhood. My whole family felt very safe and comfortable the whole time.

Check in and check out was smooth and trouble free. There is a $1.50 per night charge for using the in-room safe, but I was told when I checked in that if I didn't use it, I would not be charged for it. When I checked out, I was surprised that the lady at the front desk actually asked me if I used the safe so I would not be charged that additional fee (most places will charge you if you don't remember to tell them). Pool and hot tub were great and the beach was the most private and the least crowded that I have ever seen in Florida.

When I return to Florida next year, I will not consider any other place to stay besides the Royal Mansions Resort. Incredibly clean, safe, modern, comfortable, private, and relaxing! I truly hated to leave! Without a doubt, this is the best place I have ever stayed at while on vacation!

Room Tip: First floor rooms are easiest to move luggage in and out.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
I would like to thank "TravelSmart2012" for taking the time to let us know about their stay at Royal Mansion Resort. It is always gratifying when we hear are goals of a wonderful vacation for our guest were met. We look forward to their return stay and the opportunity to make it as great as this one!
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Do my husband job we stay at Royal Mansions Resort so he can be close on not normal schedule, and we decide to stay more days. The apartment location was wonderful, gorgeous ocean view from each window. Excellent Customer Services and for me that is very important. If you have any issue just contact the front desk and will take care very quick! We enjoy staying so much that we going to come back in few weeks again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Royal Mansions Resort, responded to this review, June 24, 2012
Thanks so much to "redbirdsong" for taking the time to review their stay at Royal Mansion. I am happy to hear their working vacation went so well a return trip has been booked! We look forward to making the future stay as enjoyable as this one!
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Royal Mansions Resort. (June 8 - 13, 2012) We were fortunate to have a condo that was recently renovated, Unit 2307. It was stunning. The condo was spacious and very clean. The finishes were superb. The kitchen was very well appointed with new appliances and all items you might require to get a quick meal or something more elaborate. We had a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom unit with granite countertops, whirlpool bath and hair dryer. The pool area was very clean and it was a 3 minute walk to the beach. Lots of towels, soft sheets and very quiet. Standing on the balcony we could see the pool and the ocean. Beach chairs, umbrellas and boogie boards were available to bring down to the beach. I would highly recommend this unit. We had a great time.

I would recommend this unit to anyone.

Room Tip: Unit 2307, everything was new
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

The property is beautiful and the room was very clean,

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
nlewis86, General Manager at Royal Mansions Resort, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Thank you "Crystal123_12" for taking the time to let us know about your stay! We look forward to your next visit!
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

My family of four (including two young boys) spent March 10 -17, 2012 at this lovely boutique hotel in penthouse condo unit 3307. Condo was spacious, clean, nicely furnished and equipped with all the amenities you could ever ask for including Wii games, movies, beach gear, boogie boards and bikes. Awesome ocean views from the unit and just steps away from the beach. Kids spent lots of time in the heated pool and playing soccer on the beach. Great vacation! We will definitely go back.

Room Tip: Units are individually owned and can vary quite a bit in terms of upkeep and decor. Property managem...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
nlewis338, General Manager at Royal Mansions Resort, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
We are glad the property was nice for "cocoavacation"'s stay. As a represenative of the on site management company who oversees the majority of the units on property, I would like to say that we also do everything in our power to accomodate a guest request. As we are on site we are also available for immediate attention to any questions or issues and offer housekeeping and a daily breakfast too.

Been to Royal Mansions Resort? Share your experiences!