“We had the time of our life!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Park and Cruise Package
Ranked #4 of 6 hotels in Cape Canaveral
Cape Canaveral
“We had the time of our life!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Hello,
We only stayed one night but wished it were longer. We were taking a cruise for our honeymoon, and we were generously upgraded to a beautiful whirlpool suite. Wished we had a week there! Pool area was lovely, we ate in the dining room with live music on a Wed. night and had great seafood. We caught a shuttle for $4 to the docks for Carnival Sensation conveniently. We LOVED our stay and would definitely recommend it to family and friends. Thank you so much! PS Our only quibble was the strawberry dacquiris served out in the tiki bar were not good; no taste of berries and served in small plastic cups.
Cari Scribmer

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1,013 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
claypool, indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I am surprised by reading the reviews that no one else experienced what I did. I am not a complainer, but the room I stayed in did not feel safe even in the daytime. I was assigned on the bottom floor clear in the back of the building. The room did not have a safety chain or latch on the inside door which shocked me so propped a chair against the door handle. I also done the same with the adjoining door in the room (which I did not ask for). In the mornings, I could see the outdoor light around the inside of the door which did not seem secure to me. The ceiling fan did not work and was hanging crooked as if it was not secure to the ceiling. The walls were very thin and could hear everything going on in the middle of the night in the next room which was not a pleasant thing. I will say the bed, pillows, and TV was very nice. I was really disappointed that the staff person at check-out never bothered to ask how the 3 day stay was or even thanked me......he just seemed like he didn't really care if I stayed there or not. I just feel for the price of the room and it being a Radisson, I was very much disappointed in my stay.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Joe_Panackia_GM, General Manager at Radisson Resort at the Port, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. I am truly sorry that you felt unsafe during your stay with us. I will direct our Chief Engineer to look at the safety issues you have mentioned and replace the celing fan in the room. We are constantly working to improve our property and are currently in the middle of renovations. We have recently reopened a building which was previous down for renovations. We hope that soon you will return and see all the improvements we are making!
Duxbury, Vermont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We were staying for only 1 night prior to a cruise out of port Orlando & my husband booked the room using his credit card reward points (so it really didn't cost us out of pocket). We didn't spend much time at the hotel, but the room was clean & spacious and the sleep number bed was a treat. It seemed to be a big hotel with at least 4 buildings with pool & hot tubs as well as a koi pond in the center of it all. We were in building #4 which was the furthest from everything and the only internet was wired... maybe that's one of the upgrades that will be coming? I'd stay there again for sure. We also purchased their "Cocoa beach shuttle service" to the cruise port for $4 per person (one way) which was convenient.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Beautiful pool area, remodeled rooms and suites, great value shuttle service to/from the pier and parking. However,what distinguishes this property from others is the amazing staff to include the front desk, reservations, hotel manager, restaurant manager, reservations manager, and maintenance. This was a “complicated” reservation by a 3rd party and clouded by several unknowns. It was for a young military family of a soldier whose exact arrival home from Afghanistan was unknown. There was the desire by the 3rd party to make this long-awaited reunification special. Much communication was implicit.

In passing, the reservations manager learned why the date of arrival and confirmation was unknown. She took it from there, on her own, to include the restaurant and hotel managers’ participation. After a long 10-hr drive by the family, the 3 year-old exclaimed how good the room smelled and how great the beds and huge bath were. Similar effusive sentiments were shared by all! They enjoyed the goodies the 3rd party asked to be in place upon arrival. Next morning, they were wowed by the gorgeous pool before boarding the shuttle for their cruise.

I cannot tell you how much this attention to detail and customer service meant to all parties concerned; they truly felt important to the hotel and staff. We will go out of our way to stay at this property on any future trip and highly recommend it to all.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed here on Christmas night, and the hotel was nearly deserted. The front desk clerk said there were only 13 rooms occupied. Regardless, I had a wonderful stay. We were given a refurbished suite, and I had no complaints whatsoever. The pool and whirlpool were great to use, and the location was convenient. There was free parking, along with a business center. I stayed here to qualify for a free night in 2013 at a Radisson hotel, but even without that issue, I would be more than pleased to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Spent one night pre cruise at the resort. Check in was a breeze, front desk staff friendly, informative, and professional! We were a group of 5 and room size was perfect. You can tell they are renovating rooms, ours was not renovated yet, so some noticeable wear visible. We were not able to open couch bed, but didn't complain, one of us just slept on the couch vs. opening it. Starbucks coffee in the morning was sweet! Check out and shuttle efficient, driver super friendly and informative. Gave hotel a 4 despite room issues as the service was excellent and renovations are in the works!! Staying in April again! Hope the tiki bar is open when I arrive!!

Room Tip: Ask for a recently renovated room!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Palos Heights, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

If you are going on a cruise out of Port Canaveral then this is the best place to stay. They have a package deal where you stay the night at a beautiful hotel with a nice pool, hot tub, & pool bar. When we checked in our room was not cleaned yet so we went back to the desk & we were upgraded to a suite. We didn't want to leave. We enjoyed a delicious buffet breakfast the next morning, left our car at the hotel free of charge while we were on our cruise, & were shuttled to & from the ship. We were 100% satisfied with this stay & we'll be back.

Room Tip: Just ask for the "Cruise Package" when you book your room if you're going to stay ther...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Radisson Resort at the Port? Share your experiences!