“Nice Pre-Cruise Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Cape Canaveral
Livermore, CA
“Nice Pre-Cruise Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

This is a very convenient place to stay before a cruise. Our family stayed here the night before leaving on the Disney Cruise. We had a rental car with us, and the parking deal was fabulous. The special parking room rate included parking for the week and 2 round-trip shuttle rides to the port. We only had to pay $8 for the additional family members for the shuttle. The shuttle service was very efficient, the workers were fabulous and the pick up after the cruise was just as pleasant. The hotel itself is nothing fancy, but it's comfortable and clean. The exterior hallways are oddly narrow, which makes maneuvering the luggage carts a bit of an art. The workers at the front desk were very friendly and efficient. We took advantage of the buffet breakfast in the morning, it's pretty basic, but does the trick. We didn't have enough time to explore the pool, but it looked nice. Overall, a decent, friendly place.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

What a wonderful resort to stay at before our cruise on Royal Caribbean. We were upgraded to a beautiful suite that made us feel like we wanted to stay in our suite and never leave. It had a living room, dining area, french doors leading into a huge beautifully decorated bedroom with a jacuzzi. The suite had two big screen TV's. Very comfortable beds with an air mattress. The only trouble with the mattress one side of the bed was way down with the air pressure and my side was way up. All rooms had new mattress that they had just put in. I contacted the manager of the hotel who emailed me right away. He said he would look into the problem with the bed and thanked me for staying at the hotel. You couldn't ask for a more professional manager and for a more helping staff at the hotel. The pool and jacuzzi outside were like a tropical paradise. Just beautiful! We left the car at the hotel while we were on our cruise. It was included in our cruise package at the hotel. The hotel was very close to the port and we had a wonderful ride to and from the cruise port with no problems.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed at this resort the day before we went on the Disney Cruise. The price was pretty agreeable for the service and quality of the hotel. The pool area was lovely, the shop was easily accessible, and the restaurant was nice. Although the cheddar broccoli soup gave me a stomachache. The beds were Sleep Number beds and they were not deflated at all, which was very good. The room was ready when we arrived, too. It was nice and close to the port where the cruise was loading was. Overall I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed August 2012
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This resort is undergoing a renovation, but it's a great stopping off point for cruisers.
Great location, and upgrades are generally not expensive. We park, ride the hotel shuttle and enjoy our stay each time. They have longevity in the staff!

Room Tip: I ususally ask for an upgrade to a suite room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I had stayed here last year visiting a friend and had a poor experience but was told that isn't the norm here bc of the name I have it a second chance. Lets start with my first night the hot tub was filthy and cold. There doing construction all around don't inform anyone of it had my friend cut his foot on a piece of metal laying around. They have entrances to numerous hallways blocked(that entire section of rooms should simply be closed) was here 3 days not once was my room made up the adjustable bed has a mind of its own. Also same problem I had last year every single day my room key stops working. 1st day I was told it was my cell phone. 2nd time I was told room keys get deactivated at 12. So now I have to check in every night when I get back wait in like to simply get a key. I mention my complaints to the front and the response I got was well you booked through a 3rd party.(orbitz) so there's not much he can do for me. I pay for the best room here and couldn't have had worse experience. This isn't a radisson it's a cheap motel that charges radisson prices. Stay somewhere else like will be in the future. Also I read posts from the property manager here and honestly none of that gets addressed I seen a lot of complaints while I was here so it wasn't just me

• Stayed December 2012
Joe_Panackia_GM, General Manager at Radisson Resort at the Port, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that your experience with our property fell short of your expectations. At Radisson, our goal is 100% guest satisfaction. We are currently renovating one of the buildings at our property to improve our guest experience and it will be completed shortly. Again, I sincerely apologize for your dissatisfaction with your experience. Thank you for letting us know of the difficulties you encountered and we look forward to welcoming you back again sometime in the future, to see the improvements we have made.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was excellent for the price. Room small but well equipped. Sleepmatic king bed. Sittin shower. Daily shuttles to cruisers Many nearby attractions. Overall loved hotel and would definitely do again

• Stayed December 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stayed for one night before a cruise and the rooms were clean and had sleep number beds. The staff was very helpful and friendly. They have a business center and I was able to use their fax machine. We had drinks and appetizers at the bar, which were very good. We had the breakfast buffet in the morning, and even though it was a busy time (around 9:30 AM), the staff was able to handle the large volume. The shuttle to the Port was easy and efficient and the shuttle driver was courteous and friendly. The pool was very nice and heated. The only issues that I had were that the walls were a little thin and you can hear people talking, but I don't know if it was in the next room or outside.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage or you have any physical limitations, you might consider asking for a r...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Radisson Resort at the Port? Share your experiences!