“Parking only” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 6 hotels in Cape Canaveral
Strongsville, Ohio
“Parking only”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

After searching for a place to park that wouldn't break the bank, we decided on Radisson Resort at the Port. Having driven to cruises before, we knew what to expect were not disappointed. Alex and his team were very well organized and extremely professional. We had our confirmation and they were expecting us and we paid the agreed price upon arrival. We may have waited a little longer for the ride over, but not terrible. The pick up was the same. We all hate to wait, but it's part of the game if you want to save some cash. Again, Alex was there to greet us and his team was very accommodating picking us up and getting us back to our cars. For the price and proximity to the port, this was a great value that we would definitely use again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

1,004 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This is the 3rd time we have used this resort pre-Disney cruise (one other time we stayed at WDW prior to our cruise). I knew what to expect - the kids (12 & 10) love the pool, the rooms are clean and it's a good price. However, due to the front desk service by Brandon today (when we checked in), I will not stay here again. He was rude and acted like I was doing him a favor by choosing to stay here. He asked on more than one occasion if we were parking a car (indicating he wasn't listening when I told him no the first time), and when the cost of the shuttle service came up, I was surprised. We have never paid for the shuttle service previously -- and I mentioned that. He told me "I'll be nice this one time, but it will not happen again. Next we'll talk about cruise packages & the cost for your car". We aren't parking a car I mentioned again.....and there's no need for him to be nice again because we won't be coming back. There are plenty of hotels in the Port area that would welcome our business. I may have purchased a cruise package room in the past & didn't happen to this time, but there was no need for rudeness or what I perceived as snippiness.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Joe_Panackia_GM, Manager at Radisson Resort at the Port, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. We are truly sorry to hear that you will not be returning to our resort due to the customer service that was provided by the front desk. We understand your frustrations and will address them accordingly. The hotel has charged for shuttle service to Port Canaveral since May 2011. Shuttle service is no longer included with all rates unless you purchase the Cruise package, which then the package includes two people round trip. Shuttle fees are $4.00 per person one way or $8.00 round trip. We hope that you will re consider our hotel for a future stay as we are always striving to exceed our guest’s expectations.
Quebec
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stayed here prior to our cruise and it was very well located. Room was comfortable and clean but dated. We stayed at the back of the hotel, so it was very quiet. Parking availability was good. Pool area is quite nice, especially for a pre-cruise pool area party the evening before. Restaurant offered a good steak dinner special, and breakfast was good too. We did not take the shuttle to the cruise ship because we had our own rental car, but the shuttle bus operation looked very busy and chaotic.
The hotel 'gym' left a great deal to be desired, only a couple of tired old cycle machines and an elliptical machine ;-(
For the price of $100, good value.

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room in the back of the hotel away from the highway
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Morrow, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed there for the cruise package. The hotel is in need of some TLC as it is wore out. We stayed in the back of the resort in the 600's and they need some updating. The pool is pretty nice. If you want to take advantage for the cruise parking it is good deal. One note though it can be kinda hectic on the day you leave for the cruise. Also when you check in make you you reserve you spot for the bus to the boats.

Room Tip: Close to the pool are the better rooms
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stayed here the night before our cruise out of Port Canaveral. It came highly recommended from folks we'd met online Cruise Critic. We were not going to originally do this since we only live three hours away but we got caught up in the fever so decided why not.

The rate was decent; $145, which includes the room, parking while on the cruise and a shuttle to/from the terminal. Considering parking at the terminal is $15 per day, we thought this was a good deal.

We called about three weeks beforehand to RSVP our slot on the shuttle (my only beef with this entire stay was that no one called me back when I left a message; I had to call again).

The hotel is VERY convenient to both the cruise ship terminals (maybe five miles) and restaurants (including some within walking distance). Check in was easy although it was crowded given many others were cruising the next day as well.

They put us in one of their newly renovated rooms (in building 500). The room was very nice and it was quiet "over there". There was a fridge and microwave in the room and decent quality amenities (soap, lotion, shampoo, etc.)

Check in staff was helpful in both explaining the shuttle/parking drill and giving us directions to a nearby restaurant where we were meeting some of our friends.

After dinner we spent several hours out by the very nice pool/pool area listening to music and indulging in drinks from the Tiki Bar. We didn't get into the pool but it was large with a huge jacuzzi and waterfalls adding to the ambiance.

Although we'd booked the shuttle, we decided last minute to take a cab because we wanted to avoid the crush of folks getting onto the shuttle. However, a few others on our cruise did take the shuttle and said it was no problem at all.

Check out was fine and when we returned a week later from our cruise, a car was where we left it (there is a separate cruise parking area around the size of the main building).

Next time we cruise out of PC, we'll definitely stay here. I've already recommended it to my brother and his family, who are cruising out of PC next month.

Room Tip: Try one of the newly renovated ones in the back. It's not that far of a walk to the pool area a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dawsonville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel back in June before our Disney cruise. Our travel agent booked it at a great price that included a shuttle for the four of us to and from the port as well as leaving our car parked there for the week of the cruise. After she booked it, I started reading reviews on here and I must say....got a little scared. I called her back and she assured me that it was a great resort and she recommends it to all of her clients staying in the area prior to their cruise. She also told me that the resort had some rooms that had been remodeled and some that had not and that she had booked us in the newer rooms. The day prior to our check in I called the hotel and inquired about shuttle times. We were to check in at the port between 11:30-12:00 so I asked about an 11:00 shuttle and was put on the list for it. Upon arriving the hotel was quite busy but everything went smoothly. I double checked with the fellow that checked me in that we were indeed in a newer room and was assured that we were. I asked about the shuttle and he could not find my name on the list! I panicked, but he assured me that it was no problem and proceeded to add my name to the list for the 11:00 shuttle. Great! Our room was towards the back and we had a little trouble finding it but once we did we were able to find our way back without any problems. The room was good. We were pleased with everything EXCEPT the sleep number beds. My children loved them but my husband and I had some problems with them. Lol. But that is just personal opinion. The pool area is lovely and my children enjoyed it until it started storming. The shuttle the next day went fine and we actually arrived a little early to the port. Upon disembarking from the cruise their was already a Radisson shuttle there waiting to pick up passengers so we had no wait at all. I would definitely stay here again... but maybe next time we would request regular beds.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

We stay at this hotel every year in early November. The bar tending staff always remembers us and is very friendly. We love the pool area and the ability to be able to walk to other restaurants in the area. This hotel is a bit dated and showing some signs of wear and tear. However, we did notice that they look like they are starting to do some renovations. We were very happy to see that! This is a very popular hotel for travelers that are cruising.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Radisson Resort at the Port? Share your experiences!