“It is ok” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Cape Canaveral
Morrow, Ohio
“It is ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed there for the cruise package. The hotel is in need of some TLC as it is wore out. We stayed in the back of the resort in the 600's and they need some updating. The pool is pretty nice. If you want to take advantage for the cruise parking it is good deal. One note though it can be kinda hectic on the day you leave for the cruise. Also when you check in make you you reserve you spot for the bus to the boats.

Room Tip: Close to the pool are the better rooms
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stayed here the night before our cruise out of Port Canaveral. It came highly recommended from folks we'd met online Cruise Critic. We were not going to originally do this since we only live three hours away but we got caught up in the fever so decided why not.

The rate was decent; $145, which includes the room, parking while on the cruise and a shuttle to/from the terminal. Considering parking at the terminal is $15 per day, we thought this was a good deal.

We called about three weeks beforehand to RSVP our slot on the shuttle (my only beef with this entire stay was that no one called me back when I left a message; I had to call again).

The hotel is VERY convenient to both the cruise ship terminals (maybe five miles) and restaurants (including some within walking distance). Check in was easy although it was crowded given many others were cruising the next day as well.

They put us in one of their newly renovated rooms (in building 500). The room was very nice and it was quiet "over there". There was a fridge and microwave in the room and decent quality amenities (soap, lotion, shampoo, etc.)

Check in staff was helpful in both explaining the shuttle/parking drill and giving us directions to a nearby restaurant where we were meeting some of our friends.

After dinner we spent several hours out by the very nice pool/pool area listening to music and indulging in drinks from the Tiki Bar. We didn't get into the pool but it was large with a huge jacuzzi and waterfalls adding to the ambiance.

Although we'd booked the shuttle, we decided last minute to take a cab because we wanted to avoid the crush of folks getting onto the shuttle. However, a few others on our cruise did take the shuttle and said it was no problem at all.

Check out was fine and when we returned a week later from our cruise, a car was where we left it (there is a separate cruise parking area around the size of the main building).

Next time we cruise out of PC, we'll definitely stay here. I've already recommended it to my brother and his family, who are cruising out of PC next month.

Room Tip: Try one of the newly renovated ones in the back. It's not that far of a walk to the pool area a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dawsonville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel back in June before our Disney cruise. Our travel agent booked it at a great price that included a shuttle for the four of us to and from the port as well as leaving our car parked there for the week of the cruise. After she booked it, I started reading reviews on here and I must say....got a little scared. I called her back and she assured me that it was a great resort and she recommends it to all of her clients staying in the area prior to their cruise. She also told me that the resort had some rooms that had been remodeled and some that had not and that she had booked us in the newer rooms. The day prior to our check in I called the hotel and inquired about shuttle times. We were to check in at the port between 11:30-12:00 so I asked about an 11:00 shuttle and was put on the list for it. Upon arriving the hotel was quite busy but everything went smoothly. I double checked with the fellow that checked me in that we were indeed in a newer room and was assured that we were. I asked about the shuttle and he could not find my name on the list! I panicked, but he assured me that it was no problem and proceeded to add my name to the list for the 11:00 shuttle. Great! Our room was towards the back and we had a little trouble finding it but once we did we were able to find our way back without any problems. The room was good. We were pleased with everything EXCEPT the sleep number beds. My children loved them but my husband and I had some problems with them. Lol. But that is just personal opinion. The pool area is lovely and my children enjoyed it until it started storming. The shuttle the next day went fine and we actually arrived a little early to the port. Upon disembarking from the cruise their was already a Radisson shuttle there waiting to pick up passengers so we had no wait at all. I would definitely stay here again... but maybe next time we would request regular beds.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

We stay at this hotel every year in early November. The bar tending staff always remembers us and is very friendly. We love the pool area and the ability to be able to walk to other restaurants in the area. This hotel is a bit dated and showing some signs of wear and tear. However, we did notice that they look like they are starting to do some renovations. We were very happy to see that! This is a very popular hotel for travelers that are cruising.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Largo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We arrived the day before our cruise on Oct 19, 2012. Our check-in and check-out were by Brandon (two different individuals). Both processes could not have been easier and these individuals were fantastic. The only negative was the sleep number bed did not work. I did try the front desk who gave instructions but to no avail. However, the bed was comfortable so did not need to use the sleep number. The property was great (need more pool chairs) and the breakfast was the best. This was the best experience for us and will return to this property.

Room Tip: Ask for a room which overlooks the pool area.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

May I just start with, the employees at this hotel are wonderful. Very friendly genuine people. We had stayed the day before our cruise and 2 days after. The rooms were beautiful and the pool also. On return from the cruise I did some laundry and the facility was very clean. We will return and tell all of our family and friends.

Room Tip: you will want to stay close to the pool.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
panama city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Radisson before a ship tour. The front desk staff was very friendly and they showed me on a mao how to meander my way around the Resort. The room looked like it had just been redone and I loved the new Sleep Number Bed. I had a great night's sleep. The room also had a nice desk and chair by the window to work from. The pool was amazing!!!!! Kids would love the large bolders that look like an enclosed cave. The hotel has a service to/from the airport and port for a small fee. I would definitely stay here again!!!!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Radisson Resort at the Port? Share your experiences!