We stayed here the night before our cruise out of Port Canaveral. It came highly recommended from folks we'd met online Cruise Critic. We were not going to originally do this since we only live three hours away but we got caught up in the fever so decided why not.
The rate was decent; $145, which includes the room, parking while on the cruise and a shuttle to/from the terminal. Considering parking at the terminal is $15 per day, we thought this was a good deal.
We called about three weeks beforehand to RSVP our slot on the shuttle (my only beef with this entire stay was that no one called me back when I left a message; I had to call again).
The hotel is VERY convenient to both the cruise ship terminals (maybe five miles) and restaurants (including some within walking distance). Check in was easy although it was crowded given many others were cruising the next day as well.
They put us in one of their newly renovated rooms (in building 500). The room was very nice and it was quiet "over there". There was a fridge and microwave in the room and decent quality amenities (soap, lotion, shampoo, etc.)
Check in staff was helpful in both explaining the shuttle/parking drill and giving us directions to a nearby restaurant where we were meeting some of our friends.
After dinner we spent several hours out by the very nice pool/pool area listening to music and indulging in drinks from the Tiki Bar. We didn't get into the pool but it was large with a huge jacuzzi and waterfalls adding to the ambiance.
Although we'd booked the shuttle, we decided last minute to take a cab because we wanted to avoid the crush of folks getting onto the shuttle. However, a few others on our cruise did take the shuttle and said it was no problem at all.
Check out was fine and when we returned a week later from our cruise, a car was where we left it (there is a separate cruise parking area around the size of the main building).
Next time we cruise out of PC, we'll definitely stay here. I've already recommended it to my brother and his family, who are cruising out of PC next month.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Resort At The Port Hotel Cape Canaveral
- Radisson Resort At The Port Hotel
- Radisson Cape Canaveral
- Radisson Resort Cape Canaveral
- Radisson Cape Canaveral Fl
- Radisson Hotel Port Canaveral
- Radisson Resort Port
- Cape Canaveral Radisson
- Radisson Port
- Radisson Hotel Cape Canaveral
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Booking.com, Amex, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Radisson Resort at the Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.