“Old-dirty-poor customer service” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Cape Canaveral
Seattle
“Old-dirty-poor customer service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

There were 5 of us and we are all airline employees who travel a lot and have stayed in hundreds of hotels. This one with the overall experience was one of the worst!

Several phone calls were made prior to our stay at this location because we were taking a cruise and wanted to ensure our transportation was all set to go as well as our lodging the night before the cruise was set to depart. Radisson teams up with Coco Beach Shuttles to have them pick you up from the airport and bring you to the hotel.

Our flight arrived at 7am and we were told they would be there waiting for us.....nope! We were picked up at 8:20am and were told by the shuttle driver that they don't even open until 7am (coco beach shuttle website states it's a 24 hour shuttle service).

We arrived at the Radisson, were given a room key (yes at 9:15am) only to find out that once we opened the door there were people in the room. (Our room was a double king suite) Thank goodness the people weren't in there doing you know what!

To sum up the rest of our day, the put us in another room to "wait" until they could get another room cleaned for us to stay in, which they told us would be about an hour (this is at 10am) because the guests just checked-out. 5 phone calls and 4 hours later we FINALLY ended up with 2 rooms. During that 4 hours they told us to "unpack and relax"! The 5 of us (all adults) had been up all day and night traveling from WA state to Florida to take a cruise. We just wanted to sleep but not all crammed together on 1 bed! If they would have just told us that it was going to be a few hours until they could get us another room then it would have been a different story. But instead they kept telling us it was only going to be 15 to 20 more minutes!

The couches were stained, had holes, and were very dirty. The second room had ants crawling all over the counters. You could see where the dirt was linning the floors, the hallways were disgusting and the elevators were death traps. Even the cleaners, who were extremely nice, said that the elevators were very old and not reliable.

Thankfully our cruise was fun and we had a great time. BUT once we arrived back to FL, the Radisson had failed to pass on our reservation to the shuttle service to take us to the aiport so we were yet again in a pickle because of the lack of organization and customer service from the Radisson employees.
SIDE NOTE: DO NOT go to Zachary's next door to eat. The food was horrible!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
metro Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

Four middle age ladies shared one room for the night before our cruise. We asked for and received one of the more recently updated double rooms. It was clean and spacious enough for us and our belongings. NOTE: The beds are full size beds, not queens. Thus, none of us got a good nights sleep for fear of waking the other as we turned during the night. The beds are Sleep-Number, which I'm familiar with as I have one at home. We were able to adjust the setting from 20 to 50 with a bit of difficulty, but we couldn't reset it to 40, as we wanted.

The lobby, grounds, and pool area were beautiful. Front desk staff was VERY helpful in providing a luggage cart to the parking area and explaining the pre-cruise parking info to us. The cart was a bit difficult to maneuver along the narrow sidewalks, especially when making turns. Towels weren't bad, but could have been better.

The shuttle to and from the cruise port worked great - well organized and on time with little waiting. The room price only included the r/t for two guests, but the additional fee for the other two was reasonable. One in our party had to quickly return to the hotel because she left her wallet in the car. The driver was quite helpful in taking her directly to her car and allowing her to stay on the shuttle before picking up the other passengers for the trip to the port.

Even if you don't stay at this hotel, you can park your car here and use the shuttle for a reasonable price. Security cameras are in the parking lot, but the lot isn't fenced or gated.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the pool will be quieter. Based on other reviews, be sure to ask for a recently rem...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Joe_Panackia_GM, General Manager at Radisson Resort at the Port, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I am pleased to hear your compliments about our shuttle services and drivers.We have been growing our transportation business over the last few months and have added many buses and professional drivers. I am also very pleased that you enjoyed our tropical designed landscaping. I apologize that you had trouble with your sleep number bed. Based on their design, we do have an inspection process in place to insure the beds are working properly. I have shared your comments with the department manager regarding this issue. I hope we can host your next trip to the area.
Hopkins, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

I don't know where these other people stayed and their expectations, but carpet in the halls and rooms were old, stained and not clean. Hallways were dirty and cheap repairs were evident. Rooms were extremely dated and I am not a picky person either! Very disappointing!
Young people (20 ish) were having a party at the pool and its not as nice as the pic.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Joe_Panackia_GM, General Manager at Radisson Resort at the Port, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I am dissappointed that we did not meet your expectations. We are constantly reinvesting in the property to keep it fresh and modern. Our pool area is quite popular and hosts many guests. We are constantly monitoring the area to make sure guests are not disturbing others. I have shared your comments with all departments. I hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel should your travels bring you to the area again.
Joliet, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

Radisson is one place to stay before your cruise and a great place to park your car during your cruise. We did a early check in due to a early arrival in orlando airport. Brandy at the desk is one of the nicest person I have met. She is so quick and explains everything to you, the grounds are beautiful,the refeb. rooms are clean and smelled clean, sheets crisp, For what we paid it was so worth it. The pool was awesome just sitting by it relaxed you, walking around the little garden was relaxing too. Breakfast was good, over all I would stay here again, and tell others to.

Room Tip: Ask for newer refurbished room..
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your comments on your recent stay. I was very happy to hear that you were able to enjoy many of the amenities our resort has to offer. A relaxing evening by the pool and a great breakfast are the perfect way to start out a cruise vacation. I will make sure to tell Brandy of your most kind comments. We hope that you will again stay with us on your next visit to the area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Check-in: Process was fairly smooth. Had to wait until after 3:00pm to check in, which is the normal check-in time. This wasn't a big deal, we realized this was a large hotel.

Room: Room is decorated nice. It felt a bit small but overall was not uncomfortable for 3 adults. The room smelt like it had been recently vaccumed with a vacuum that needed to be cleaned. We found little bit of mildew in the grout lines around the faucet in the shower. We did not have a remote for the TV, but the room was small enough to lean over while still on the bed to turn the TV off. All rooms have sleep number beds, they worked great.

Breakfast: Our Park and Cruise package included breakfast for 2. We paid $9.95 for an additional breakfast as there were 3 of us. Fresh waffles, scrambled eggs and omelets were made to order. Other items were included on the buffet line (eggs, sausage, potatoes, french toast rounds, biscuits & gravy) as well as traditional toast & danish offerings. The buffet gets busy so go early or expect to wait a little bit for a seat and in line to get food.

Transportation: We have stayed in several hotels that offer the stay and park package for cruises and this hotel by far was the best. The process is very organized and calm. When your time is near, you go outside and give the attendant your name and number in your party as well as the ship you are going on. They will then call you when you can board a bus. Pickup from the cruise port was just as organized. Other hotels' transportation are less organized and you have the need to push and force your way on the bus to make sure you get on it.

Other: Pool area seemed clean and full of guests. We did not take advantage of the pool on this stay.

We will definately book this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking to the time to comment on your recent stay at the resort. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the resort and the amenities that we offer. We pride ourselves on our transportation services and are constantly adding to our fleet and systems to keep pace with the ever growing demand. We would be very honored to welcome you back to our resort on your next visit to the area.
Milford, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

Radisson at the Port is an absolutely gorgeous property that will make you feel like you are sitting in the lap of luxury! The rooms are spacious, the property is well-kept and the pool is wonderful. Just sitting by the pool was our plan for the week, and yet we did travel around the area and enjoy what it had to offer. It is a good thing because many of the staff members were less than accommodating. For instance, I asked for two additional coffee packets to be left throughout the stay and they were not even left on the day asked. I guess this would not be a big deal, but when I called down to the front desk asking for an extra packet they told me I could walk to the restaurant to get it myself.

I called down to the front desk after that, once to get a wake-up call, and once to find out why my Club Carlson points were not applied (still an issue) and they never answered the phone again. It certainly did not feel very friendly, but as a mom traveling with two children it didn't feel safe either. Also, on our last day my bed had been made with a pen it it (yes I lost a pen when writing out post cards but perhaps it could have been placed on the nightstand).

Room service was delicious! I highly recommend the food. I took some time to come but it was worth the wait and the price. I did take a day for the tray to be picked up outside the door but again I believe this is a housekeeping issue.

Overall, I would LOVE to go back to the property because it is idealistic. If we go back to the Cape Canaveral area I will come back to Tripadvisor to see if the staff issues have improved. The funny thing is that all I usually need is a beach chair, and a towel, and life is good. I am not a 5 star person, and I am really straddling the 2-3 star review. This is my first review that I've ever written and wanted to let you know.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Cleveland Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

Stayed at this property before with a large group pre cruise. Last stay we recieved a suite. This time we recieved a shoe box with a window. Our room was so small my husband and I got clausterphobic at 3am. We actually had to get up and go walk around because we felt so tightly enclosed in this tiny room. There was barely emough room to fit our suite cases. Wow what a difference from the last visit. We even called prior to this visit to get the same room and staff said they would try but no go when we got there. Never again at this place. I would have felt stuffy in that room by myself. Bed was uncomfortable and the TV was so old, it took up most of the room. I will say the pool and patio are nice so my only complaint is the size of our room.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. We do have a class of room on our property called Petite rooms. They are somewhat smaller than the traditional standard room and do normally fall under a different rate. We do have reinvestment plans in place to address the items that pertain to your comments involving the televisions. I am also very happy to hear that you enjoyed our wonderful pool area. I hope we will be able to welcome you back to the resort on your next visit to the area.

Been to Radisson Resort at the Port? Share your experiences!