“Still a great value for staying over and parking at prior to a cruise from Port Canaveral” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inns & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Cape Canaveral
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This was our 2nd stay at this Country Inn location. Doing their cruise parking package allowed us to stay the night, enjoy a free breakfast the next morning while leaving our car parked at the hotel for a week while they provide a shuttle to and from the cruise terminal. They are the closet hotel to the terminal, will verify the boat you are on and boarding time you have arranged to coordinate the best time to have you over to the terminal all without worry.

In fact the shuttle drivers (they have 2 shuttles driven by a husband / wife team) are one of the best parts of the stay experience. Commentary, fact and points to watch for on the boat have you entertained on the drive over, and a quick call once off the boat when back has them over to pick you up in minutes outside of the cruise terminal. The husband the day after our cruise was complete was being honoured with the Carlson Employee of the Year award (which he most certainly deserves) being presented in Miami (I think) where the chain was putting him up and providing a trip to. I would highly recommend a stay at the hotel prior to a cruise and will do myself again, taking advantage of the free breakfast, parking and shuttle.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hotel_ManagerCISCC, General Manager at Country Inns & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review. I'm thrilled to hear that you returned and had another excellent experience with us! Thank you for the wonderful comments about our popular Park and Cruise Package and free hot buffet breakfast.

I'm delighted that you enjoyed your interaction with our award winning shuttle drivers - Duane and Crystal. I'm proud to have them on our team and I'm thrilled that they made another lasting impression. Thank you for recognizing them!

I'm honored to have you as our guest and look forward to seeing you in the near future!

Sean Esposito

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Marquette, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

My husband, 4 y/o son and I stayed here for one night before our cruise in March 2013. We like Country Inn & Suites so we stay at them often. The room was good; exactly as expected. The pool area was nice and we were within walking distance of a few restaurants and also a gas station to pick up drinks/snacks. I think the main area could use a bit of a deep cleaning - I noticed the carpets were really stained. Breakfast was great but very busy. The shuttle to the port was $5 per person but the drivers were very nice and it was all well organized. Would stay again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I have informed my Executive Housekeeper about your review. I'm thrilled to hear that you and your family had a wonderful experience with us. Thank you for your wonderful comments and staff recognition.

I appreciate you choosing to stay with us and look forward to your return!

RI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

VERY close to the cruise lines, the Cove, Jetty Park, a few miles from Cocoa Beach.. it's in a good location. It may not be ON the beach, but the beach is close by & it's own pool area is cool. The rooms are 'ok'. clean & neat but not anything to 'write home' about. The comp breakfast has the average offerings. The STAFF are very pleasant & eager to please. Shuttle service.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor, not far from the entrance to the dining area, etc and didn't have an...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hotel_ManagerCISCC, General Manager at Country Inns & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us! I'm glad you enjoyed our popular pool area and our pleasant staff! We are continuously improving our hotel and we have recently placed an order for 37" and 42" flat screen TV's for all of our rooms!

Thank you for the recommendation. I look forward to your return visit!

Cape Coral, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I took my family and my parents on a cruise out of Port Canaveral. I reserved a room for my parents and a room for my wife, kids and I. I also paid for the parking, breakfast and transportation to and from the cruise terminal. My parents check in first, got upgraded to a great room. When my parents wanted to go out to dinner, they asked the front desk where they could go eat and they were given a recommendation. My parents went out for seafood and apparently had the best meal because all I heard about the whole cruise was how great the meal.

My wife, kids and I arrived late at night, got checked into our rooms,and settled in.

The next morning we met my parents for a good free breakfast downstairs. We then got our luggage, met in the meeting room at the designated time and we were not kept waiting long. We had a very nice drive who drove us to the port by the name of Crystal. She was funny and very informative.

We were dropped off at the ship with our luggage and went right on the ship without any problem.

When we came back from the cruise the bus was waiting for us and Duane was the driver and he was great also.

Overall it was a great experience. The hotel is clean and keep up well. Good prices. Good breakfast. Friendly service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to write a detailed review. I'm thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful experience with us! I'm happy that our staff was helpful and made a lasting impression. I'm also glad that your parents had an amazing dinner that our staff recommended.

Thank you for the wonderful comments, staff recognition, and high recommendation! I am honored to have you as guests and look forward to your return visit!

Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My friend and I recently stayed here before our cruise. The hotel was so close we could watch the ships come and go in the port. We got a great recommendation from the desk clerk for a very fine seafood dinner with a 10% off coupon as well. Our conveyance to the port was quick and easy and ditto for the return trip. They made the trip a breeze.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and take the time to write a review. I'm delighted to hear that you and your friend had an excellent experience! I'm also happy that you enjoyed the recommended dinner at Baja’s Tavern with a 10% discount. Thank you for the great comments, staff recognition, and high recommendation. I'm honored to have you as our guests and look forward to your next visit!

Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed here prior to our cruise out of Port Canaveral. We arrived early afternoon and were able to get a room right away. Our room was near the elevator but we didn’t have any problem with noise as the layout of the room is really good. The room was clean and housekeeping did a good job each day. Housekeeping made the room special by placing towel animals around the room – ready for our cruise!! Breakfast was served down near the main lobby and it was always very busy but we were usually able to find somewhere to sit each morning. The only comment about our room was that there was a very strong smell of bleach and as the windows were facing the pool we didn’t know if that was the source or not.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to write a review. I would like to apologize for the bleach smell in the room as we were performing preventative maintenance on our A/C units. I'm happy that this did not keep you from enjoying your stay with us. I'm delighted that you were pleased with our high cleanliness standards and special touches! Thank you for the great comments, staff recognition, and recommendation. I look forward to your return visit!

Kind regards,

Bluffton, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed at this property the night before our Disney Fantasy cruise. Very close to the cruise terminal, room was very clean and above average in quality, and the breakfast bar was well-stocked with lots of staff to keep it stocked. Perhaps the best part was the extremely efficient shuttle to the ship with a terrific and friendly driver. She told us exactly what to expect upon our return, and the shuttle arrived within 5 minutes after we disembarked the ship. Would definitely stay here again if we sail out of Port Canaveral.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm thrilled to hear that you had an excellent stay with us! Thank you for the wonderful comments about our location, high cleanliness standards, high quality, free hot breakfast, and efficiency of our Cruise Package. I greatly appreciate the staff recognition and recommendation. I'm honored to have you as our guests and look forward to your return visit!

Sean Esposito

Been to Country Inns & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral? Share your experiences!