“Great pre cruise stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 6 hotels in Cape Canaveral
“Great pre cruise stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed at this hotel and would definitely stay again. Staff was very friendly and accommodations were very nice. The beds were queen size, not full as many other hotels. The rooms were modern and hot breakfast was better than most. They had an organized system for transport to our cruise ship and parking was At the hotel for a nominal fee. Would stay there again if leaving from this port!

• Stayed February 2013
Hotel_ManagerCISCC, General Manager at Country Inns & Suites By Carlson, Cape Canaveral, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to write a review. I'm thrilled to hear that you had such an excellent experience! Thank you for the wonderful comments about our queen beds, free hot buffet breakfast, and our efficiency with our shuttle transportation! I'm delighted that you will be staying with us in the future!

883 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here a couple of days and nights before leaving on a cruise. The room was very clean, the service was very good and the staff at the desk were very helpful. The breakfast was excellent and the lady in charge was very pleasant, helpful and was working hard to keep all the food fresh and available. We were able to leave our car for a week and feel that it was safe. We would definately stay again. Oh, location to the port is great!!

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! Thank you for the wonderful comments about the free hot breakfast, our high cleanliness standards, and our great location to Port Canaveral. Thank you for the staff recognition - I'm delighted to hear they made a lasting impression during your stay!

I appreciate you choosing to stay with us and look forward to your return in the near future!

Oceanside, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

my family and i , 2 adults and 4 children stayed here on feb 16 for one night before our disney cruise. i must say we had a very good experience we arrived late 11 pm no issues with our reservations the front desk staff was very accommodating and helpful . the room was clean and comfortable and the the breakfast was plentiful and the serving staff was wonderful , pleasant and very attentive. i will most defiantly stay here again

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for the wonderful comments, staff recognition, and recommendation! I'm delighted to hear that we will be seeing you in the future.

Brandon, MB, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is the perfect hotel for anyone going on a cruise out of Port Canaveral. We stayed here on Feb. 16th prior to our cruise. We had originally only booked the room, as after reading other reviews we were afraid there would not be enough parking available to leave our van there. However, there was still lots of room when we checked in so we upgraded to the park and cruise package and saved over $100.00 from what we would have paid to park at the port for the week. The hotel is very clean, the staff very helpful and the rooms are a nice size. The free continental breakfast is one of the better ones I've seen, with a large variety of hot food, as well as cereals, pastries and more. Only thing I would have like to have seen was more fruit. They had run out early on the day we were there. The hotel has a large pool and deck area and all the rooms have free WiFi. When you check in you tell them what ship you are sailing on and they will book the shuttle and give you a time and place to meet in the hotel so they can take you to the ship. When you get back from your cruise they pick you up at the terminal and return you to the hotel to pick up your vehicle. It was very easy. We were quite happy with our stay here and definitely recommend this hotel to anyone sailing out of Port Canaveral.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hotel_ManagerCISCC, General Manager at Country Inns & Suites By Carlson, Cape Canaveral, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Hello SteamKeeper,

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review. I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us! Thank you for the wonderful comments about our spacious parking lot, popular Park and Cruise package, free hot buffet breakfast, and our shuttle efficiency. I'm delighted we made a lasting impression and that we are the "perfect" hotel for cruisers! Thank you for the high recommendation!

We appreciate you choosing to stay with us! We hope to see you again in the very near future!

Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed in this hotel from February 16, 2013 to February 18, 2013

Service: This is where the hotel excels. The staff are well trained, well groomed, and well spoken. I have to commend their food staff. The staff serving breakfast made it feel like home. She was extremely interactive with us and other diners; however, she knew her limits and did not push those who did not want to interact. She greeted everyone upon entry, and wished people a good day upon departure. The front desk was extremely efficient.

Value: For the proximity to the cruise ships, I would say this hotel would be great. We were on vacation to visit around Cocoa and surrounding areas, so it was a drive for us to get anywhere. If you are hanging around Cocoa instead of cruising, I would not pay this price again. However, for all the cruisers out there, this is a perfect location, and a good value.

Sleep Quality: Sleep was hard to get in our room (Room 319). The refrigerator made a repetitive ticking sound, and the only way to drown the sound was using the air conditioner. The issue was that once it reached a certain temperature, the air conditioner shut off. Also, temperature was extremely cold, so we had to freeze our room to drown the sound. The beds were awfully lumpy. I'd have to say this: we had a room right next to the elevator, and had no issues with noise (from the elevator or other guests).

Cleanliness: The hotel was clean upon first entering. I walked around, and everything was well cleaned. The lobby arrangement was particular. While it looks pleasing, it does not work for traffic flow. Because part of their seating area is within yards of the front desk, getting in or out during check-in or check-out times were challenging due to the luggage, strollers or other object blocking the route to the elevator or front door. There were small issues with our room, such as the wall paper being held up with thumb tacks.

Location: For cruises, good; however for anything else, there will be a short (or long) drive. A tip: pay close attention when entering the hotel. It snuck up on us, and there is the driveway to another hotel paralleling theirs. Often times, we entered the wrong, and had to navigate to get into their driveway. In addition, due to the long driveway, walking to a local restaurant or CVS was impossible.

Other things to note:
This hotel uses outdoor uplighting. While it illuminates their building at night, it also floods the guests room at night. I'd recommend staying in one of the rooms facing the pool or a higher floor.

The pool, while it was to cold to use, looked extremely clean and inviting.

The Verdict:
If I were going on a cruise, I would think about staying here; however other than cruising, I would opt to choose somewhere closer to the core of Cocoa Beach.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool or higher floors are better due to the outdoor uplighting
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. I have forwarded this review to our Chief Engineer in order to prevent this from happening in the future. I'm thrilled to hear that our staff made a lasting impression on you and your family. Thank you for the wonderful comments about our staff's knowledge and service levels. I'm delighted that you noticed the value, location, and high cleanliness standards during your stay. I appreciate you staying with us - I hope you chose to stay with us when you decide to Cruise out of Port Canaveral.

Kind regards,

Lexington, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I booked a room here using carlson points since its close to the cruise terminals and they offer a park and ride plan.

The hotel was cozy and quiet and staff were all pleasant.

The park and ride cruise plan...$40 was cheaper than the $60 that the port wanted but if I was going to do it over again I would save myself ALOT of time by just parking at the cruise terminal.
By the time you tip the shuttle driver and then the porter you have already lost any savings.
The worst part is when you call to be picked up after returning from your cruise.....wait and wait,we ended up just catching a taxi and going back to the hotel to fetch our car.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hotel_ManagerCISCC, General Manager at Country Inns & Suites By Carlson, Cape Canaveral, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Our shuttle drivers do their best to be a quick and efficient as possible and I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I'm happy that you enjoyed staying with us and that you were pleased with our staff. We appreciate you being a Club Carlson member and I'm delighted that you were able to use your points for this visit!

I appreciate your comments and hope to see you return in the future!

Kind regards,

NWIN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here prior to our Feb 9th cruise. We had the park & cruise package for our family of 5 & could not have made a better choice.
Our room accommodated us perfectly, with a large room for my husband & I, & a "partitioned off" area for our 3 kids which had bunk beds, plus a twin & their own TV. There was also a micro/fridge, a good sized table & roomy bathroom.
Most importantly, the hotel shuttle to take us to & from the port ran smoothly & in a very organized manner. This hotel has this down to a science...no problems whatsoever! The shuttle drivers are great & very friendly!
Pool area is beautiful, all the staff was fantastic, & the complimentary breakfast was very good too!
If you need a great hotel near the port, look no further!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful experience and that we are the "perfect" hotel! Thank you for the wonderful comments about our popular Family Suites and the efficiency of our Cruise package and shuttle service! I'm delighted that our staff was "fantastic" and that they made a lasting impression on you and your family.

Thank you for the wonderful comments, staff recognition, and high recommendation. I hope you and your family return in the very near future!

Sean Esposito

Been to Country Inns & Suites By Carlson, Cape Canaveral? Share your experiences!