“very clean” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Cape Canaveral
Richfield, Minnesota
“very clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We have booked here for three years now, always before our cruise nice and close to the port,If you book a room before a cruise, ask for the side that the port is on that way when you wake up the morning of your cruise you should be able to see your ship in port! will be booking again next year.
Thanks Tim

Room Tip: ask for the north side if you are doing a Disney cruise that way when you wake up the morning of you...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hotel_ManagerCISCC, General Manager at Country Inns & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Hello Tim L. Thank you for taking time to write a pleasent review. I'm thrilled to hear that you returned and had another great experience! Thank you for the wonderful comments and high recommendation. I'm glad to hear that we will see you again next year!

Sean Esposito

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Dover, Delaware, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We got a great deal on the 1 bdrm for the nights before and after our 7 day Disney cruise. The location was fantastic and the price for the cruise parking was inexpensive. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We were even able to check in early after the shuttle picked us up after the cruise. We booked going on the price and the great reviews. I was a little disappointed in the rooms. Both rooms were getting pretty shabby. The first room was of average cleanliness but the fixtures and furnishings were very worn. The upholstery was stained and torn on the couch in the second room and the area near the fridge had a mystery smell. The did have signs in the lobby that they are remodeling. Unfortunately, we must have gotten the older rooms.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hotel_ManagerCISCC, General Manager at Country Inns & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations regarding our room decor. We are continuously repairing and updating our hotel as needed to accommodate our guests. If you could contact me to give specifics regarding your rooms, I would like to pass the information on to our Executive Housekeeper and Chief Engineer.

I'm thrilled to hear that we are a great location and our staff is very friendly and helpful. I'm also happy you were pleased with the value of our popular Park and Cruise package. I hope you return to Cape Canaveral very soon!

Kind regards,

Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Great accommodations; friendly staff, excellent experience. Made even better by kind staff who made sure I was comfortable and not forgotten when I returned from a cruise and found my car would not start. While I had AAA assisting with car problem, Country Inn staff went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable in lobby area, checked on me, moved a couch so I could plug in my cell phone - which was dead also. Made an unfortunate situation more than bearable by their kindness and assistance!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I'm sorry to hear that you experienced car troubles when you returned from your cruise. However, I'm happy to hear that our staff made sure you we're comfortable and well taken care of while you waiting for AAA to repair. Thank you for your wonderful comments and high recommendation. I hope we see you again very soon!

Columbia, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stayed in a one bedroom suite prior to a cruise, using the park and cruise package. There were 4 adults in the room and there was plenty of space. The room was quiet and spacious. There was a mini-fridge and microwave as well as a coffee maker. We had two TV's since we had the suite. There is a small fitness center on site, which we did not use and a pool. People were swimming, though the water was still too cold for me! We did use the business center computer and printer, complimentary and my husband needed to send a fax, which the front desk staff were gracious enough to do without any problems.

Check-in and check-out were a breeze. Cookies are available at the front desk. Breakfast is included and was fine and filling. The staff working there were also very friendly.

The hotel was very close to the pier and the shuttle to the ship was great. Our driver, Dwayne was very personable and informative. He also picked us up when we returned. Our car stayed parked at the hotel for the duration of our 7 days cruise with no problems.

We ate supper the night before the cruise at Florida Seafood House (I think was the name), not too far from the hotel and it was excellent and an excellent value. We had twice the amount of food we normally get at seafood restaurants and our fried food was not the least bit greasy. Loved it!!

When we returned from the cruise, there seemed to be tons of people waiting on various shuttles, but just be patient and your driver will eventually get in there to pick you up. We came off the ship and were outside around 9:30 and were leaving the hotel in our car by 10:15. Be sure and keep your shuttle ticket (receive at check-in) as Dwayne will take that from you on the final pick-up day.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hotel_ManagerCISCC, General Manager at Country Inns & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. I'm thrilled to hear that you had such a wonderful experience! I'm happy that you enjoyed everything we had to offer! Thank you for all the wonderful comments, staff recognition, and high recommendation. I hope you return again in the near future!

Hesperia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Plenty of parking, but the park and cruise area needs to be upgraded with a paved parking lot. Nice location for Port Canaveral departures. Car rental next door, and fast food down the street. Hop, skip, and jump from Orlando MCO. It's actually less expensive to rent a car and drive over. First class complimentary breakfast. Hotel was very clean, no need to fear pesky insects that might follow you home.

Room Tip: Families can book the room with bunk beds, single bed, with a TV for the kids while parents have the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for the wonderful comments about our value, free hot buffet breakfast, and high cleanliness standards. I hope you return very soon!

Salem, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

Our family of 4 stayed here the night before our Disney Cruise. The staff was very nice. We were able to check-in very early since we had been driving all night. The pool was nice and heated and the hot tub was awesome!!! The carpet in the room and hallways was a little dated but they kept everything clean. Our young kids loved the bunk beds and free warm chocolate chip cookies. They do have free Breakfast which was good, just eat early to get a seat or carry back to your room.

We used the park and stay for the cruise. Could not have been happier! They picked us up about 5 minutes after we called them to let them know we were ready, awesome experience!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I'm happy your kids loved the popular Family Suite and fresh baked Otis Spunkmeyer cookies! Thank you for the wonderful comments and recommendation. I hope you and your family return very soon!

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I was recently on a week long business trip to Cape Canaveral. On the first night, the hotel room toilet would run approximately every 5 minutes, making it extremely hard to sleep. I took a quick look and determined the flapper valve was not making a good seal which was allowing water to escape the tank into the bowl and causing the toilet to run at 5 minute intervals. As it was late and I was tired, I simply shut off the water supply to the toilet, went to sleep, and reported the problem the next day. Within 15 minutes of reporting the problem, the maintenance guy showed up, confirmed my diagnosis of a bad flapper valve and fixed the problem by installing a new flapper valve. In my experience as a consumer, I have found that you can tell a lot about a company by how they handle problem resolution. In this case, the problem was dealt with in a professional and extremely timely manner, which exceeded my expectations. In addition, since I am a United Launch Alliance employee and I was staying at the hotel while supporting a rocket launch at Cape Canaveral, as you might expect, the duration of my stay was subject to modification on very short notice. When the rocket launch was postponed for a day, the staff handled extending my reservation in the most professional manner possible despite the fact that the hotel was near capacity. Again, my expectations were exceeded. In both instances, the hotel staff made the whole ordeal of business travel a bit less painful for me, and I truly appreciate their efforts. Pity I cannot say the same for the airline I was travelling on.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hotel_ManagerCISCC, General Manager at Country Inns & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review. I'm thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful experience with us! I'm delighted that your toilet issue was resolved immediately and that we could extend your stay. Thank you for the wonderful comments, staff recognition, and high recommendation. I hope you return very soon!

Sean Esposito

Been to Country Inns & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral? Share your experiences!