“cruising” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 hotels in Cape Canaveral
Florida
“cruising”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We were heading out on our first cruise and had no idea where to stay or where to park. A co-worker suggested the county inn and suites where they had a good experience. We took there advise and made the reservation which ended in good avise with great service,friendly staff and nice facilities.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotel_ManagerCISCC, General Manager at Country Inns & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I'm thankful that your friend recommended us and you had the same wonderful experience they had!

Thank you for the wonderful comments about our hotel and staff. I hope you return very soon!

910 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

The 2.5 stars doesn't do this hotel justice. It was an excellent hotel with excellent service. They ran the cruise transportation efficiently. The driver Duane was funny and a real trip. The breakfast bar was wonderful with a great variety of food, hot and cold. The room was beautiful and comfortable. Can't say enough good about this place. We would stay here again and again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm thrilled to hear that you had such a memorable experience! Thank you for the wonderful comments about our star rating, Duane (he always makes me laugh too!), our free hot buffet breakfast, and our "beautiful and comfortable" rooms. I'm happy that you couldn't say enough good things about our hotel and services. I'm looking forward to your return!

Bonita Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We found the staff to be very attentive and very friendly and the accomodation was very comfortable and clean. Also a very good complimentary breakfast was served. We made use of hotel parking for a cruise and the shuttle service was very efficient. A high recommendation for this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm happy to hear that our staff was very attentive, friendly, and played a large role in your overall experience. I'm delighted that you had such a wonderful visit!

Thank you for the wonderful comments, staff recognition, and high recommendation! I hope you come back very soon!

Jacksonville, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I want to thank Tina Gradilone and the entire staff for taking such wonderful care of our group. We had 78 people staying with them before our company cruise and it could not have gone smoother. The rooms, breakfast, and shuttle service before and after the cruise were great. Hats off to Country Inns & Suites, Cape Canaveral. We will be back!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hotel_ManagerCISCC, General Manager at Country Inns & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am thrilled to hear that you and your large group had such a wonderful experience with us! I'm happy that our Sales Manager, Tina, made a lasting impression! I'm glad that everyone enjoyed the accommodations and shuttle service to and from the cruise terminal!

Thank you for the wonderful comments and recommendation! It was a pleasure hosting your group and we hope you return very soon!

Saratoga Springs, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I was tempted to give this hotel 4 stars because the pool and hot tub are so spectacular, but the rest of the property is somewhat dated and worn (lobby furniture, carpets, etc.).

On the plus side: Some of the rooms have a great view of the cruise ship port. This was our first sighting of our ship, Freedom of the Seas. Our room had a great view of the pool. Breakfast was pretty good for a normal diet but there is no consideration for gluten free needs. Also, if you are cruising and arranged to use their shuttle, they have a meeting room for the morning with staplers and tape to use in tagging your bags with the tags you got from Royal Caribbean. Finally, although you are on a wide major highway, there is a sidewalk and a few restaurants just a few minutes walk away. We chose the Radisson dining room because they could do gluten free. There is also a Hertz agency 200 feet away. They said if you call them directly, they can help arrange one way rentals to/from the airport but if you do it online, there is a huge penalty fee.

Negative: I reserved a king room and on arrival, they pushed a double suite with a small upcharge because the kings were not ready. They did this to multiple people. It did not seem to be a coincidence. I also didn't appreciate paying $26 more than a federal employee who was traveling for pleasure and not business. Regardless, the staff was friendly about everything else.

Oh, I almost forgot. They have the worst pillows in the hotel industry. I'm not kidding. They were horrible.

Room Tip: I liked the king room better than my friends' double suite.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello "Karen P"

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet all of your expectations during your recent visit. If you could please contact me to discuss your experience in further detail, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm delighted to hear that you loved our pool, hot tub, and view of the cruise ships from your room. I look forward to speaking with you.

Kind regards,

washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We booked 10 rooms the night before our cruise and everybody was very helpful. The day of the cruise our ship was delayed so our shuttle had to wait to bring people to the ship. Even though we had already checked out they let us stay as long as we needed in the conference room and had total use of the hotel amenities. When I expressed a concern about an elderly couple in our group the staff offered to let them stay in their room until the ship was ready to start boarding.
We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us! I'm happy to hear that our entire staff was friendly and helpful! Thank you for your wonderful comments and recommendation. I hope we see you again very soon!

Roswell, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We had a cruise with Disney Cruise Lines and this hotel came up in a search of those closest to the ports. A shuttle service to and from the port was included in the price of the huge room. It was more than enough for my family and my kids loved the bunk beds. We will definately recommend this hotel for anyone going on a cruise out of Port Canaveral and we will save it in our list of hotels to stay at when we cruise again. Thanks.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I'm glad that the room and service exceeded your expectations! Thank you for the wonderful comments and recommendation. I hope you return to Cape Canaveral very soon!

Sean Esposito

Been to Country Inns & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral? Share your experiences!