“Room and service more than expected” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 6 hotels in Cape Canaveral
Roswell, Georgia, United States
“Room and service more than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We had a cruise with Disney Cruise Lines and this hotel came up in a search of those closest to the ports. A shuttle service to and from the port was included in the price of the huge room. It was more than enough for my family and my kids loved the bunk beds. We will definately recommend this hotel for anyone going on a cruise out of Port Canaveral and we will save it in our list of hotels to stay at when we cruise again. Thanks.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hotel_ManagerCISCC, General Manager at Country Inns & Suites By Carlson, Cape Canaveral, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I'm glad that the room and service exceeded your expectations! Thank you for the wonderful comments and recommendation. I hope you return to Cape Canaveral very soon!

889 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel last year before we went on a cruise out of Port Canaveral. The entire experience was so perfect for us, we decided to use the Country Inn and Suites again this year when we took our son.
The check-in was efficient and friendly. There was coffee and cookies waiting for guest. The lobby has a grand stair case coming down the centre with several seperate living room areas for relaxing. We booked a room that has a childs 'bedroom' area in it. My son was thrilled with this. It had a single bed and a bunk bed with it's very own personal television set / DVD player. As expected the room was very clean and had all the amenities one could want in a suite.
The room to eat in was bright and clean and breakfast had a wide selection of options. This was available until 9:30 am.
We opted for the cruise parking package. For a much smaller fee than parking the car at the cruise port, the hotel offers a safe area to leave the car. At 10:30 and 11:00 a shuttle transported us guests and our baggage over to the cruise port terminal.
We were given instructions to wait in the designated area on our return trip off fo the cruise where we'd be picked up by the same shuttle service and brought back to our car at the hotel if we'd give them a call and let them know that we were ready. Port staff at the waiting area have cell phones readily available for use for people wanting to let their shuttles know people are waiting for them. Within 15 minutes the shuttle was there for pick-up. The process was handled so effieciently. Also, the personality of the husband and wife team that ran the hotel and shuttle service was wonderful. They added something to an already great vacation.
After we were back at the hotel to retrieve the car, we were told that we were welcome to more cookies, coffee, washroom facilities and internet if needed. The hotel was a fantastic value for us and we plan on using them again in the future.

Room Tip: If you are travelling with your children, the family suite was well worth the few extra dollars it c...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review. I'm thrilled to hear that you had such a wonderful return visit with us! I'm delighted that you and your son enjoyed our popular Family Suite. Thank you for the wonderful comments about our shuttle drivers Duane and Crystal. I agree that they both have wonderful personalities that make our guest's shuttle rides entertaining and enjoyable.

I appreciate your wonderful comments about our hotel, complimentary hot buffet style breakfast, friendly staff, efficient check-in and shuttle transportation, and overall experience. I hope you and your family return very soon!

Canton, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Our company was 10 yeas old this November, and the company trip this year was a 4 night cruise to the Bahamas.. The group was booked a year in advance, and we decided to stay in a hotel the Sunday night before the cruise giving everyone time to make the trip from Atlanta to Port Canaveral. I called Tina the sales manager at the hotel to see about booking rooms for 22 people for that Sunday night. We were given a group rate, and advised that we could all park at the hotel for the week while on the cruise free. We were than given a shuttle to and from the cruise port also as a hotel aminity. Breakfast on the morning of the cruise was an added delight, a full breakfast not just coffee and donuts. The check-in went very smooth, as all the rooms were allowed to be paid in advance. The hotel and staff were top-knotch, and our whole group had only comments of praise for their experience. Having worked as a cruise manager for 10 years, I know 1st hand the value that was built into our stay. Parking at the pier is an extra expense, and who would want to walk to the cruise ship with suitcases for a week's cruise. As you can imagine, the free parking and the shuttle to and from the ship free was a great value. Thank you Tina, and all the staff at theCountry Inn for added to the wonderful menories of this trip.

Room Tip: We all stayed in different rooms, and to my knowledge they were all great, with no complaints
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review. It was a pleasure hosting your staff and I'm thrilled to hear that everyone had such a wonderful experience! I'm very pleased to hear that Tina took wonderful care of arranging your group and that she made a lasting impression.

I appreciate the wonderful comments, staff recognition, and high recommendation. I hope you and your team return very soon!

Algonquin, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This hotel had all of the amenities we wanted, a wonderful hot breakfast in the morning, and a staff that could not have been more attentive, helpful, or friendly. Very comfortable and highly recommended!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm delighted to hear that you had such a great experience with us! Thank you for the wonderful staff recognition and high recommendation!

I hope you stay with us again in the near future!

Tampa, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed here pre cruise on a Sat night, Nov-2012.
I chose it because it was really close to the cruise port, and they had a port shuttle/parking package. There were plenty of restaurants nearby.
When I checked in around 1:30, there was one clerk on the desk, taking a phone call. After a minute, or so, I was asked what floor I wanted...I opted for the 4th....so there would be no noise from above. I inquired if my room, (421), had a Port Canaveral view...but the clerk (in training) didn't know if the room had that view....Another clerk joined her before I was done checking in. The room didn't have a Port view, but had a nice pool view, so I didn't bother trying to change.
The room was very clean, and although right beside the elevators, was a quiet location....the location was quiet....more on noise later.
The bath was super clean, with newer fixtures....but the tub diverter was hard to operate, and a lot of water still came out of the spout....but the temperature, and pressure were fine. I didn't care for the scent of the soaps...”citrus fusion”....but that's a personal preference.
The TV was the “old” tube variety. The reception, and picture was fine on the 23 stations.
The microwave, and fridge were very clean. The fridge felt warm. I cranked up the temp control...I had meds that needed to be kept cold. After about 20 minutes, it was still warm....it had been unplugged. I plugged it in, and it commenced to cool down. I found out later why it was unplugged. In the quiet of the night I was awoken by snapping, hissing, buzzing, humming.....it had developed a loud life of its own...lol.
The breakfast room.....at 7:20 was very busy. I just got coffee to go. I did notice a good variety... sausage, eggs, etc. The gourmet coffee seemed a bit weak to me.
At 9:00, the breakfast line was way outside the door.
The port shuttle was crowded, but it's a quick ride....less than 10 minutes.
On return from the cruise, it took about 20-25 minutes for the shuttle to arrive. The drivers on both ends were very courteous. If I cruise from Canaveral again, I think I might consider a cab returning from the cruise...no wait...and no fighting the crowd to get on.
This was a fine place to stay, and I wouldn't hesitate to book again....although pretty crowded on weekends for cruise passengers.....If they haven't changed out the fridge in 421,.....either unplug it, or change rooms.....you will thank me for that!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Hotel_ManagerCISCC, General Manager at Country Inns & Suites By Carlson, Cape Canaveral, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review. I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. I have already addressed these with our staff and we are doing everything we can to prevent them from happening in the future.

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall visit with us. I hope you stay with us again soon.

Kind Regards,

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Hotel had a great first impression and did not falter. Coffee in the lobby was a real plus as well as the cookies warm from the oven. We stayed in the family suite which had a queen size bed. There was a small partitioned off room that had a set of bunk beds and a single bed with separate TV. Great for traveling with kids. Will definitely stay at this hotel chain again. We stayed at this particular hotel prior to taking a cruise and they were very accommodating and informative about wait times since our ship was late. We did not take advantage of the on-site parking, however this is offered for cruise guests and a discounted rate.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm delighted that we made a lasting impression! Thank you for the wonderful comments and recommendation. I hope you stay with us again very soon!

Lithia, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites at Cape Canaveral using their Stay and Cruise package. The staff was was friendly and professional, the rooms very clean and tastefully decorated, and the price was very reasonable. Our stay included hot buffet breakfast, transfer to the port for all of our party (many stay and sail pkgs only include 2 free transfers), and free parking while we were on our cruise. Our Driver, Duane was great, very personable and provided us with helpful information.

I definitely recommend this Country Inn & Suites and we will absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm thrilled to hear that you had such a wonderful experience with us! Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding our staff! It's our pleasure to serve our guests and I'm happy we made a lasting impression.

Thank you for all your wonderful comments and recommendation. We look forward to seeing you very soon!

Sean Esposito

Been to Country Inns & Suites By Carlson, Cape Canaveral? Share your experiences!