“Fantastic Place to Stay, Particularly the Night Before a Cruise” 5 of 5 stars

Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Cape Canaveral
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Algonquin, Illinois
“Fantastic Place to Stay, Particularly the Night Before a Cruise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This hotel had all of the amenities we wanted, a wonderful hot breakfast in the morning, and a staff that could not have been more attentive, helpful, or friendly. Very comfortable and highly recommended!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hotel_ManagerCISCC, General Manager at Country Inns & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm delighted to hear that you had such a great experience with us! Thank you for the wonderful staff recognition and high recommendation!

I hope you stay with us again in the near future!

Sean Esposito

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Tampa, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed here pre cruise on a Sat night, Nov-2012.
I chose it because it was really close to the cruise port, and they had a port shuttle/parking package. There were plenty of restaurants nearby.
When I checked in around 1:30, there was one clerk on the desk, taking a phone call. After a minute, or so, I was asked what floor I wanted...I opted for the 4th....so there would be no noise from above. I inquired if my room, (421), had a Port Canaveral view...but the clerk (in training) didn't know if the room had that view....Another clerk joined her before I was done checking in. The room didn't have a Port view, but had a nice pool view, so I didn't bother trying to change.
The room was very clean, and although right beside the elevators, was a quiet location....the location was quiet....more on noise later.
The bath was super clean, with newer fixtures....but the tub diverter was hard to operate, and a lot of water still came out of the spout....but the temperature, and pressure were fine. I didn't care for the scent of the soaps...”citrus fusion”....but that's a personal preference.
The TV was the “old” tube variety. The reception, and picture was fine on the 23 stations.
The microwave, and fridge were very clean. The fridge felt warm. I cranked up the temp control...I had meds that needed to be kept cold. After about 20 minutes, it was still warm....it had been unplugged. I plugged it in, and it commenced to cool down. I found out later why it was unplugged. In the quiet of the night I was awoken by snapping, hissing, buzzing, humming.....it had developed a loud life of its own...lol.
The breakfast room.....at 7:20 was very busy. I just got coffee to go. I did notice a good variety... sausage, eggs, etc. The gourmet coffee seemed a bit weak to me.
At 9:00, the breakfast line was way outside the door.
The port shuttle was crowded, but it's a quick ride....less than 10 minutes.
On return from the cruise, it took about 20-25 minutes for the shuttle to arrive. The drivers on both ends were very courteous. If I cruise from Canaveral again, I think I might consider a cab returning from the cruise...no wait...and no fighting the crowd to get on.
This was a fine place to stay, and I wouldn't hesitate to book again....although pretty crowded on weekends for cruise passengers.....If they haven't changed out the fridge in 421,.....either unplug it, or change rooms.....you will thank me for that!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Hotel_ManagerCISCC, General Manager at Country Inns & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review. I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. I have already addressed these with our staff and we are doing everything we can to prevent them from happening in the future.

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall visit with us. I hope you stay with us again soon.

Kind Regards,

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Hotel had a great first impression and did not falter. Coffee in the lobby was a real plus as well as the cookies warm from the oven. We stayed in the family suite which had a queen size bed. There was a small partitioned off room that had a set of bunk beds and a single bed with separate TV. Great for traveling with kids. Will definitely stay at this hotel chain again. We stayed at this particular hotel prior to taking a cruise and they were very accommodating and informative about wait times since our ship was late. We did not take advantage of the on-site parking, however this is offered for cruise guests and a discounted rate.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm delighted that we made a lasting impression! Thank you for the wonderful comments and recommendation. I hope you stay with us again very soon!

Lithia, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites at Cape Canaveral using their Stay and Cruise package. The staff was was friendly and professional, the rooms very clean and tastefully decorated, and the price was very reasonable. Our stay included hot buffet breakfast, transfer to the port for all of our party (many stay and sail pkgs only include 2 free transfers), and free parking while we were on our cruise. Our Driver, Duane was great, very personable and provided us with helpful information.

I definitely recommend this Country Inn & Suites and we will absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm thrilled to hear that you had such a wonderful experience with us! Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding our staff! It's our pleasure to serve our guests and I'm happy we made a lasting impression.

Thank you for all your wonderful comments and recommendation. We look forward to seeing you very soon!

Jupiter, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Booked room last minute thru Priceline. Lucked out because the hotel was perfect for our long weekend in Cape Canaveral to explore the Kennedy Space Center. No issues checking in, room was comfy and clean. Free breakfast was good and the warm chocolate chip cookies even better. Great spot to explore space center and surrounding Cocoa Beach.

• Stayed November 2012
Hotel_ManagerCISCC, General Manager at Country Inns & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience with us! Thank you for the great comments and recommendation. I hope to see you return in the near future!

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have to say I love this place after only one stay. It was a last minute decision to call the hotel directly to check for available rooms. The front desk staff and management were incredibly friendly and accommodating. The room was spacious and clean. The location was just perfect - whether I was heading on a cruise, Jetty Park or Cocoa Beach. Yes, there are other options and the people here at Country Inn & Suites are what makes the difference!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Hello flstorms,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am thrilled to hear that you had such a wonderful experience with us! Thank you for the great staff recognition; I’m happy to hear that we made such a lasting impression!
I'm very happy to hear that we are now your hotel of choice when you visit Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach! I hope you return very soon!

Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We needed to stay one night somewhere prior to a cruise. I found this hotel online and the price was excellent compared to other hotels in the area or in Orlando. We were more than satisfied with the service, the cleanliness, the hot breakfast, and the knowledge they had about the cruise, since we were novices. They have excellent free internet so we were able to complete some work easily prior to our cruise. They provide a ride to the ship for $5; we arrived to be on the ship earlier than most travelers:) We will definitely use this hotel again when we are in the area :)

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the pool area and although right next to the elevator, we were not disturbed.