“Great place to stay for pre cruise” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 6 hotels in Cape Canaveral
Iowa
“Great place to stay for pre cruise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

We stayed here on 13 March, the night before our cruise to the Bahamas. The roms were good size for the fours of us and very clean. Our toilet was broken but they had it fixed within minutes. The laundry room was clean as well, the dryer and washer both worked well. Close walk to Burger King was nice to get some food for dinner. Just down the street from places like Ron Jons Surf Shope (not walking distnace but driveable). The pool was big and clean and the waterfall in the hot tub was wonderful for us aduts to sit in and relax after a long drive.

The parking option was perfect for our cruise time. We bought the "cruise package" with our hotel so it was a free shuttle for us. The shuttles were on time and not over crowded at all. Duane and his wfe (didn't get her name) we perfect! Duane even gave us some sites and infomration on the 5-10 minute trip to the port. Shuttle was there and waiting when we came off the port and we were back at our vehicle within minutes. The vehicle was just as we had left it. Very good deal for those planning a cruise!

Breakfast was good, make your own waffles and hot eggs, bacon, coffeee and juices. Very well kept by the attendant working in there. Only recommendation is to get in there early on cruise day as it fills up fast!

Hotel staff was very friendly and even upon our return home when my husband found he had left his jacket in the closet there, they mailed back with no issues to us. We paid of course but found that to be very nice they still had it and were willing to mail for us.

Great hotel and if I go on a cruise again will most certainly be booking my room and parking there!

Good restaurants as well just a few minutes away, Fish Lips, Rusty's etc....across the main road from hotel and on the shore. Can eat outside and watch the ships go by.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

881 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Polish first
everywhere
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

traveled with my husband for a conference which everyone else stayed at the double tree. I chose to stay here based on reviews. It is a very nice hotel. So glad I chose this . My husband thought at first when I booked I was crazy being hilton diamond members but when we checked in he changed his mind.
The lobby smelled so good I would love that smell in my home. Very nice people that work there. Got a room up grade to a one bedroom suite which was really nice and big. Very clean all five nights. Greated with cookies daily .

My husband ate breakfast free. It seemed ok. waffles smelled REALLY good!. Def. will rebook again next years conference ..felt like my little house I was so comfortable there. Did laundry and all hung out al the pool and tour'd all around!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

We stayed here on 1/28/11 before going on our first cruise. Very clean hotel, with friendly staff, nice room & pool. The shuttle the next morning was painless & well organized. Will easily stay there for our next cruise!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Greenwood, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites prior to our departure for a cruise. It was about a 45 minute drive from the Orlando Airport. You take one road all the way and then turn right to the hotel. Extremely easy to get to!

Upon entering, they seem to spray a strong fragrance that I didn't care for. However, once we entered our room, it was fine. The room had all that you needed, hairdryer, coffemaker, frig, microwave. It was tastefully decorated and clean. The beds were comfortable. You are not on the water, but we did have a view of the cruise ships, which was nice.

There were nearby restaurants and some shopping, along with the Ron Jon shop in the general vicinity.

Before departing for our cruise, we ate the complimentary breakfast, which was EXCELLENT. It wasn't your typical free breakfast, as it included eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, fruit, waffles, cereal, toast, about anything you could want. We were very pleased.

If you are staying for a cruise, I suggest renting a car for the duration of your cruise. We did all the research, and the transport fees to/from the airport, or renting one day and then upon departure were far more than we paid to rent for an entire week. We paid $22 to leave our rental car at the hotel, and that included our transfers to/from the cruise ship. I certainly felt that was reasonable.

Leaving for the ship was a breeze. Returning from the ship was another story. We were not given very good directions where to meet our driver. When we called to advise, we were told he was too busy to answer questions. I called the hotel to let them know that I needed to know where we were to be, and no one returned my call. We finally were able to find the driver. We were told to walk to the end of the sidewalk and go right, but we did that, and had walked too far. Turn right OUT OF THE TUNNEL.

All in all, it was a nice place to stay that served a great breakfast.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Acworth, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

We chose this hotel because of the great rate. We paid $106 for one night before our cruise and the rate included free parking while we were on our cruise and round-trip transfers between the hotel and the port. Parking at the port alone would have been $60 while we were on a 4-night cruise. Like I stated, we paid $106 for the hotel so it was like paying the $60 for parking at the port and only paying $46 for the hotel.

This hotel is in excellent condition and the staff were very friendly and extremely helpful. They even gave us a complimentary upgrade to a 1-bedroom suite when we checked in. If you are wanting a view of the cruise ships in port, you want a queen room or a queen suite on the 4th floor. I would recommend rooms 400-408 for the best view.

The 1-bedroom suites are large and very comfortable. The living area consisted of a sofa, wing chair, end table, TV, desk, microwave and mini-fridge. The bathroom was a good, large size with full size tub, shower curtain was on a curved rod and a large vanity area. Of course, the bathroom was supplied with a complimentary small bottle of shampoo, conditioner and lotion. The hotel desk could supply you with the little things that you might have forgotten to pack such as comb, sewing kit and lint roller just to name a few but included many more items. The queen suite bedroom had two queen-sized beds, wing chair, TV and closet. The beds were very comfortable and the water pressure in the bathroom was fine. There was another closet just outside the bathroom. There was a door between the living area/bedroom to allow for privacy.

The hotel served a hot breakfast the morning after we arrived. Breakfast choices included hot, fresh baked waffles, eggs, home fries, bacon, sausage, grits, oatmeal, fruit, danish, donuts, toast, bagels, cereals, coffee, hot tea, milk and a variety of juices.

If you are cruising out of Port Canaveral and use the hotel's shuttle service, you sign up for the shuttle service upon check-in. We signed up for the earliest shuttle which was at 10:30 AM. They ask you at check-in to park your car in the rear of the hotel if you are leaving your car there during a cruise. They had two shuttle buses running. The driver we had on the shuttle was named Duane. He was nice enough and provided a little information about the area on the way over to the port. I didn't care for the sign in the bus that referred to tips being a big part of the driver's income (I bet it is!) This seemed a little pushy and Duane would drop subtle hints about tips. However, at the hotel and then again at the port, Duane did load and unload our luggage bypassing the porters at the pier who WERE a little pushy about tips although whether they handled our luggage or not.

The return shuttle service from the port to the hotel was better than the previous service. I didn't catch the driver's name but she was very friendly - much more so than Duane. She loaded our luggage and did not wait to fill the bus before leaving the port. It was just my husband and I onboard and she departed immediately for the hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

We were warmly welcomed and given attentive care with the questions we had about the area. Our room was more than perfect - a suite on the port side. The sofa bed was a little springy, but okay for our young teen. The front desk staff and breakfast room staff were lovely. We were only travelling in the area for the one evening, but would definitely stay again if we ever could!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Tracyton, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

Was there 30 October to 5 November and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Refrigerator and microwave in room, comfortable indoor temperature (HOT for me outside!), lovely little pool, free breakfast including make-your-own waffles, attractive property, and very pleasant and helpful employees. Unfortunately, the launch of Shuttle Discovery was postponed until late November (SO disappointing) so the purpose of my trip wasn't accomplished, but I certainly enjoyed my hotel stay. Great location too, just at the end of the causeway from the mainland, near the cruise ship facilities and a gas station, with lots of beautiful Florida beach just a few blocks away. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo

Been to Country Inns & Suites By Carlson, Cape Canaveral? Share your experiences!