“Rediculious jacked up entry fee.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Jetty Park Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cape Canaveral
Jetty Park Campground
400 E. Jetty Park Drive, Cape Canaveral, FL 32920   |
Orlando, Florida
“Rediculious jacked up entry fee.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

They jacked up the entry fee from $5.00 reasonable, to $10.00 for all non Bervard residents. Rediculious! I turned around and went to Coco Beach for free. Plus it was after 3:00pm.
I had to give a rating above which are not applicable, except service and value.

• Stayed July 2012

86 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We were at Jetty Park Campground for 2 nights. It was a great time. The sites were clean, hookups were easy, and everyone was very helpful. The bathhouse by our site was always very clean and kept up a lot. Fellow Campers were very helpful, as we had problems getting our awning down and our hot water heater lit, and people came to see if we needed help. As with any campground, some sites are more shaded than others. The walk was short to the beach, but longer to the fishing pier. The pier was nice and kept up. The public bathrooms by the beach were messy though. I guess that is to be expected at a public beach. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: The RV sites closer to the beach are more shaded.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Me and some friends heard about Jetty Park and decided to check it out. What a mistake! The first thing you see is a entrance gate with rude old men that want to charge 10.00 to get in. We really found it funny at first to what attitudes they had. We headed up to the beach it was filled with seaweed there were nice lifeguards there! We went to the restrooms it was terrible. the restrooms smelled bad no customer supplies were on hand bad...very bad! Loud music from other customers was annoying. Went to talk to manager, Sandi not a people person actually very rude. Did not want to help us at all, did not want to be told anything either. Definately a bad day. Wont be back!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Like many other I did not find the gaurds as rude as I found the Park Manager Sandi. This woman is hell on wheels, Its her way or get out of my campground which is in essance what we were told. we are a familly of 4 and were only complaining about loud music and was told that was ok because quiet time is 10pm?The new cabins are kinda cute, HOWEVER no linen or pillows, you have to rent those. so with linen you could end up paying $95 per night! The raddison at the entrance to the port has room for $72 as we found out when we refused to rent used linen. we didnt know we needed these items as they NEVER answer the phone to get information. We were going on a 3 day cruise out of the Port, which runs the campground, Parking was $15 per day which is pretty standard, But THEY CHARGE A 4 DAY MINIMUM, that cost us $60 for a 3 day cruise!!! Thats Just greedy. We found out after leaving from our cruise there are about 4 parking area's right outside the Port that only charge like $6 per day. Next Time...So DONT PARK AT THE CRUISE TERMINALS!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

We were just visiting the beach for the day after drving from Orlando and we were looking for a safe and clean place on the beach. We needed a place to change into our swim suits. When we were eating lunch at Coca Beach our waitress recommended this place and we were thankful she did. It has a fairly clean beach house and a lifeguard was on duty. I notice that many families were using the beach so if you are looking for a laid back place on the beach this is it. It was very cool to see the cruise ships come and go. If you look closely you will probably see the dolphins swimming in front of the cruise ships. They have a nice fishing pier, picnic area, a nice playground, and a large campground. Some people may complain about the $10 entrance fee but if you are tourists like we were it is well worth it. I would buy a yearly pass if I lived in the area. The only negative is that we saw some trash like latex gloves and other things on the beach near the rocks. The beach look cleaner on the right side of the lifeguard shack away from the rocks.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

we found this beach olny by acident trying to find another. I am very tight with money and was not pleased to find that we had to pay at gate to get in, but after getting lost a few times with three kids in car we decided to give it a go. BEST ten dollars I have EVER spent!! The locals we meet there were very friendly! people at the small store were also very friendly. you can rent surf boards, chairs and unbrellas for the day too. There were not too mant people and really had a private beach feeling. I have been to may beaches before and this is by far my favorite!! My Family made life time memories here, and when we go back to disney again we will be visiting Jetty Park again. the pictures on here do not do the beach justice!! Absolutly BEAUTIFUL and private!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

I arrived at the gate expecting to pay for parking, but I was surprised when the attendant said it would be $10. Ten dollars to park! And this was not in the prime summer season - it was in January when almost no one was there. The high price was bad enough, but then I learned that people who live in that county pay less. Ugh - taxation without representation - ever heard of it? Soak the people who live elsewhere, even us Florida residents. Do you believe no state or federal funds have been used for this facility? I don't. I had to be there, so I paid. What did I find? It's just a plain old Florida beach. Go to Daytona, and you can get a better beach for free. If you should go here, be sure to check before you go to see if toxic jellyfish are washing up on the shore.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Jetty Park Campground? Share your experiences!