“Just what we were looking for!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jetty Park Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cape Canaveral
Jetty Park Campground
You added Jetty Park Campground to your Saves list
400 E. Jetty Park Drive, Cape Canaveral, FL 32920   |
North Carolina
“Just what we were looking for!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

We were just visiting the beach for the day after drving from Orlando and we were looking for a safe and clean place on the beach. We needed a place to change into our swim suits. When we were eating lunch at Coca Beach our waitress recommended this place and we were thankful she did. It has a fairly clean beach house and a lifeguard was on duty. I notice that many families were using the beach so if you are looking for a laid back place on the beach this is it. It was very cool to see the cruise ships come and go. If you look closely you will probably see the dolphins swimming in front of the cruise ships. They have a nice fishing pier, picnic area, a nice playground, and a large campground. Some people may complain about the $10 entrance fee but if you are tourists like we were it is well worth it. I would buy a yearly pass if I lived in the area. The only negative is that we saw some trash like latex gloves and other things on the beach near the rocks. The beach look cleaner on the right side of the lifeguard shack away from the rocks.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

we found this beach olny by acident trying to find another. I am very tight with money and was not pleased to find that we had to pay at gate to get in, but after getting lost a few times with three kids in car we decided to give it a go. BEST ten dollars I have EVER spent!! The locals we meet there were very friendly! people at the small store were also very friendly. you can rent surf boards, chairs and unbrellas for the day too. There were not too mant people and really had a private beach feeling. I have been to may beaches before and this is by far my favorite!! My Family made life time memories here, and when we go back to disney again we will be visiting Jetty Park again. the pictures on here do not do the beach justice!! Absolutly BEAUTIFUL and private!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

I arrived at the gate expecting to pay for parking, but I was surprised when the attendant said it would be $10. Ten dollars to park! And this was not in the prime summer season - it was in January when almost no one was there. The high price was bad enough, but then I learned that people who live in that county pay less. Ugh - taxation without representation - ever heard of it? Soak the people who live elsewhere, even us Florida residents. Do you believe no state or federal funds have been used for this facility? I don't. I had to be there, so I paid. What did I find? It's just a plain old Florida beach. Go to Daytona, and you can get a better beach for free. If you should go here, be sure to check before you go to see if toxic jellyfish are washing up on the shore.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Shermans Dale, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

I've stayed at Jetty Park for years. Its location right on the beach is excellent and the large cruise ships coming and going from Port Canaveral provide good scenery. Fishing from the jetty does not require a Florida license.
In the past the biggest drawback here was the lack of some facilities. For instance, you could get 50-amp electrical service on some sites, but no sewer. The sites with sewer connections had only 30-amp service.
That is changing rapidly. The sites closest to the ocean as of this writing (January 8th, 2012) are being upgraded with full concrete pads, 50-amp electrical AND sewer connections. Completion is due by February 1, 2012. At that time the west end of the park will close for a similar upgrade.
Stays of up to three weeks are allowed and big rigs are now welcome. Bring current shot records for your pets.
This is a great place to base for several weeks as shopping in nearby Cocoa Beach and Merritt Island is good, Melbourne and Orlando are 40 minutes away.
If you are going on a cruise, parking at the pier is $15 a day so it might be convenient to work in a three or four-day cruise on Royal Caribbean or Disney to Nassau on Grand Bahama Island.Leave your rig and to at the park.
There is no swimming pool here but the ocean is at hand. Shower and laundry rooms are clean. High definition over-the-air TV reception from Orlando is good and free WiFi is available, but not very fast.. (Get two-day coupons from the office.)
Water quality and pressure are excellent at the site I was in (#50).
Those camping in tents will find a clean area.
Dry camping is available with (water connections) are available facing the Port Canaveral Channel.
Finally, there is very tight security at the entire park. You should feel very comfortable staying here.

Room Tip: The desk staff is good at placing you on a good site while the renovation is going on.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Loxahatchee, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

We were staying at Wickham Park Campgroung, and were recomended to stay at Jetty Park Campground. We drove about 40 minutes to view the Jetty Park Campground for future camping, and were greeted by a very rude guard at the gate. We asked if we could drive around the campground to check it out and he said "If you got $10.00 you can go in." We said excuse me and He said everybody pays $10.00, or you can not go in. How about that! So we said I guess we are not going to camp at your campground. I called the office and talked to the Woman who makes reservations and she was just as rude. That campground might be nice, however we don't stay where we are treated with rudeness. What a shame,

Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Seymour, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

We have camped at Jetty Park 2 times and plan to go again in a few weeks. I think it is one of the best camp grounds that I nave ever camped at. Close to ocean and all the other attractions of central/eastern Florida.
Love the pier. I don't fish, but I sit and watch the ocean or walk the beach when my husband fishes.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Cape canaveral`
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

Went to the park yesterday, we have just moved back to the area after 5 years. My sister in law had never been to the park, so we thought we would show her. We pulled up to the gate for a pass, the gate attendent said $5.00 and your liciense. I gave him both and he said $10. and the licience (I have a FL licience but not Brevard County). He said " well that's just the way it is". I wonder how many other folks would like to ride through and see if they would like to stay but are turned off by the rude attendent.
We were there about 12:30 PM, what I would consider Prime Time for visitors and were not treated at all like a guest but more like we were bothering the guard at the gate.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Jetty Park Campground? Share your experiences!