“GREAT STAY” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“GREAT STAY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

My family of 4 stayed here 2 nights to see NASA and to catch a cruise ship. Also stayed with another family of 2. Hotel is beautiful and very accommodating. True to Marriott service we've come to expect. Thank you for making our stopover a very pleasant one!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Orange Park, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We booked a two room suite to accommodate two adults and two different sex teens. Perfect arrangement. Full kitchen was well equipped. I usually rate properties against their peers, and this property would have been "average" in it's class, except that management and the desk staff clearly cared that they had a full hotel with many families and worked hard to accommodate everyone. Also, the breakfast buffet was a notch or two above my expectations for a Residence Inn--and the staff worked very hard to keep it stocked, and the whole place clean in the face of an onslaught of families with kids. Stuff that is supposed to be hot was hot. Stuff that is supposed to be cold was cold. And, there was always plenty of everything being constantly refilled as needed. There was even a very patient lady helping at the waffle makers keeping the line moving, and fixing the inevitable mistakes that folks make trying to use those things. One very annoying thing about this hotel is the $6/night charge for parking. Why? It's not on the beach. I can understand giving guests parking passes to identify their cars so that people don't park there and take a taxi to the cruise port, but there is really no reason to charge for parking at this hotel due to its location. That's the kind of extra charge that I really hate. So, on balance, this hotel is really "Average Plus", not "Very Good".

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Tina C, Manager at Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach, responded to this review, September 26, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach .

With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs. As a VALUED CUSTOMER, your feedback will be shared with the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service.

Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We enjoyed a 2 bedroom suite at this property. The rooms were clean, modern and HUGE. The hotel seemed very busy, but the staff was very personable and attentive. The breakfast room was crowded but the overflow area was easily accessible and the food was good. This hotel is incredibly close to the Cruise Ships and not very far from Cocoa Beach.

Room Tip: Don't unload luggage until you get your room key. There are numerous entrances to this hotel th...
Green Features: Main garbage in public areas sorted for recycling.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hime
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Reserved three suites Nov.2013 for July 2014. Sent email asking about parking for cruise and indicated I had three rooms and four cars. Received this from Marriott "We have been advised that there is complimentary onsite parking. We have also been advised that there will not be a problem with you having four cars parked at the hotel". When I received my bill via email, there was a charge of $48 for parking. Called hotel and Nicole said that they charged $48 for the 4th car. No one ever mentioned a charge for the 4th car when my adult daughters and I registered and were given passes for the cars. Nicole said it was "checked" off by the hotel on the registration form that I had been informed of the additional parking fee. I was not. Nicole was condescending and kept referring to my frustration and misunderstanding about the charges and insisted that since the form was checked that I had been told about the fee. After a protracted conversation she said she asked her manager and was told "as a once time courtesy to me that she would refund the charge". Her follow up email apologized for "the confusion". I responded that while I appreciated the refund, that there was no confusion and that the staff should not check off having done something that they did not do and then blame the customer. I also asked to have my email forwarded to the manager. As a Gold Rewards customer, I have stayed in many Marriotts all over the country and have not been talked down to in any of them before. Referring to taking the charge off as "a one time courtesy" was unprofessional and unnecessary. The hotel is very nice and other than the parking issue, we enjoyed our one night stay.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Elizabeth City, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We spent one night here before heading out on our cruise and I love this place!

The rooms are huge and clean. The staff is super friendly and even printed out directions to their favorite restaurant for us.

The pool and hot tub are my favorite part of this hotel. The pool is huge compared to others in this chain, and the hot tub was great for relaxing after our drive.

The breakfast is delicious, they have a really cool fire going outside with some chairs that make it feel like a cozy home away from home.

There is also a bar near the pool, but due to the rain it was closed.

You can park here instead of the terminal and take a shuttle over. Parking is $6 a night compared to $15 at the port.

I will stay here again!

Stayed July 2014
Florence, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stayed for one night before our cruise. The room was great with a living area, bedroom and spacious bathroom area. The Kitchen had a full size fridge, microwave, pans, etc. We had the package deal that included the parking while on the cruise, shuttle to and from the cruise and breakfast. The breakfast buffet with hot items and cold and make your own waffles. We would definitely choose it again for our next cruise. Staff at front desk were very nice and helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Laurel, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

My family stayed here for 4 nights. This is a great hotel. But, please be aware of the parking fees that they charge for everyday guests that aren't going on a cruise. They charge $6 a day per car. There really isn't free parking around unless you try to park in the Country Inn & Suites parking lot next door. And, don't expect any special treatment from management. I contacted the assistant manager about the high rates for our stay in early June. Mind you this was less than two weeks before our planned stay, and they still had plenty of rooms available. She e-mailed me that June is a busy month for them and that no discounts were available. Two days after I got that e-mail, the online rates dropped by $30, and $20 for the 2 bedroom suites. No discounts available? There are many other hotels in the area. I would choose one of them over this hotel. One with free parking.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Tina C, Manager at Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Thank you for stating that our Residence Inn "is great hotel". I regret that you were disappointed that our hotel charges for parking. While we understand that everyone would appreciate not being charged for parking, we do feel that the charge is reasonable especially in light of the the many complimentary amenities that we offer including a complimentary hot buffet breakfast for all guests in the suite and our complimentary social events (food and beverage) three nights per week. While some, but not all, other hotels in our area offer free parking, I do not think that any other hotel provides all of the extras that our Residence Inn provides. I do hope you otherwise enjoyed your stay with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Canaveral
4.0 of 5 stars 1,234 reviews
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral
BEST WESTERN Cocoa Beach Hotel & Suites

Been to Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach? Share your experiences!