Reserved three suites Nov.2013 for July 2014. Sent email asking about parking for cruise and indicated I had three rooms and four cars. Received this from Marriott "We have been advised that there is complimentary onsite parking. We have also been advised that there will not be a problem with you having four cars parked at the hotel". When I received my bill via email, there was a charge of $48 for parking. Called hotel and Nicole said that they charged $48 for the 4th car. No one ever mentioned a charge for the 4th car when my adult daughters and I registered and were given passes for the cars. Nicole said it was "checked" off by the hotel on the registration form that I had been informed of the additional parking fee. I was not. Nicole was condescending and kept referring to my frustration and misunderstanding about the charges and insisted that since the form was checked that I had been told about the fee. After a protracted conversation she said she asked her manager and was told "as a once time courtesy to me that she would refund the charge". Her follow up email apologized for "the confusion". I responded that while I appreciated the refund, that there was no confusion and that the staff should not check off having done something that they did not do and then blame the customer. I also asked to have my email forwarded to the manager. As a Gold Rewards customer, I have stayed in many Marriotts all over the country and have not been talked down to in any of them before. Referring to taking the charge off as "a one time courtesy" was unprofessional and unnecessary. The hotel is very nice and other than the parking issue, we enjoyed our one night stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn by Marriott Cape Canaveral is your home away from home. Residence Inn is the closest all suite hotel to Kennedy Space Center and one of the closest hotels to Port Canaveral. Our Key West style hotel offers a wide variety of amenities that cater to the leisure and business guest. Guests can visit our many local attractions, including world famous Cocoa Beach, the Brevard Zoo, KSC Visitors Center & shopping at Cocoa Village. Port Canaveral is less than 1 mile away. NASA, Boeing, and Lockheed Martin are a few of the companies that are located a few miles from our front door. All of our guest can enjoy spacious suites that are 50% larger than traditional hotel rooms. All suites include separate living, eating and sleeping areas. Our daily complimentary hot breakfast buffet is a great way to start your day. Our evening social experience featuring hors d'ouerves, beer and wine, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesdays with exception of major holidays.This is a great way to unwind after a long day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach Hotel Cape Canaveral
- Cape Canaveral Residence Inn