“What a nice thing they did for me” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Cape Canaveral
GreenLeadersBronze level
windsor
“What a nice thing they did for me”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

My family and I stayed here prior to a cruise. The room was very nice -- although I will say it was smaller than the usual Residence Inn one-bedroom suites we've stayed at in the past. Hotel was very convenient to port and restaurants.
But the one thing that will always stand out to me was what the gentleman who was part of the breakfast server staff did. We arrived late for breakfast, because I hadn't been feeling well at all. Just dealing with that when your family is going on a cruise is hard enough, but as we got to breakfast they were taking away the food. The woman there said my daughter could go ahead and make waffles, although she didn't seem to happy about it. However, when a male staff member -- and how I wish I would have gotten his name, but again not feeling well -- came out, I apologized for our tardiness and asked if he would mind bringing me a banana from the back, as the fruit had been taken in. He gave me a huge smile, and said "not at all." He came out with three bananas, and when I thanked him again, said it was no big deal. He was so friendly and nice, it cheered me up immensely.
Now, he had no idea that I wasn't feeling well -- for all he knew we could have been late because we were lazy! It may not have been a big deal to him, but his pleasantness and willingness to do something he didn't have to was a big deal to me. It was enough to make me want to stay here again, which we will if we ever cruise from PC again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Oakton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

The service at the Residence Inn is outstanding. Friendly, helpful, skilled staff make it a pleasurable experience. I have been coming here for years and have had a great experience each visit. The location is excellent. Close to the port, restaurants and businesses as well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Tina C, Manager at Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thank you for your review! Come back and see us again soon!
Manassas, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Great location, great place to stay prior to a cruise. Friendly staff, clean lobby and rooms. Great breakfast. Not your average continental breakfast. Eggs, potatoes, yogurt parfait etc. Nice pool area (towels are provided) there is also a fire pit and outdoor bar. One if the closest places to stay near the cruise port. Six dollars for a round trip ride to the port. They charge six dollars a day to park your car if you leave it on the property while on your cruise. Parking is free the nights that you are actually sleeping here. They have a park and cruise deal that covers the parking charges and only offers two round trip transportation tickets. If you need extra they are available for purchase through the transportation company for the six dollar charge. A Burger King and Avis rental car are steps away. They have a small fitness room. No ice machines on the property. They have a little area to purchase snacks and drinks. Located in the snack area are coupons for some of the local restaurants. Some of them offer a free glass of wine or beer. There is a basketball court on the property. Not within walking distance to the Beach.

• Stayed June 2013
Tina C, Manager at Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for your review! I hope you enjoyed your cruise! Please think of us again for future needs!
St. Augustine FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

After looking at the reviews, I knew this was the place to stay while visiting the Space Center.

We stayed here with our grand kids for two days and man I wish we had stayed the whole week. This is a really nice Marriott property that has been updated. The rooms are large, clean and have flat screen TV's. They have a really large pool (that is really warm) and a nice hot tub.

In the morning they have a good breakfast and in the evenings Mon-Wed (I believe) they have a mangers reception.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and your business! Hope to see you again soon.
Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We choose this hotel because of its location to Port Canaveral. We travel by car from Maryland and arrived in the late evening. At the hotel registration desk we were promptly given our registration information and keys. Within minutes we were in the clean, spacious room. The buffet breakfast was terrific and would accommodate even the pickiest of eaters. We cruise frequently and will not hesitate to return to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

If you are reading this review, chances are you are taking a cruise out or Port Canaveral and are considering the Park and Cruise room package that includes: vehicle parking, buffet breakfast and roundtrip shuttle passes to the cruise terminals. Let me tell you, it works! If you are driving to Port Canaveral from a great distance, it is peace of mind to stay close to the port the night before.

The hotel staff was very accommodating; I booked a two bedroom suite with a full kitchen and 2 bathrooms. The room was spacious, clean and had the new Marriott modern décor. It’s important to know that the two bedroom suites only come with king size bed in each of the bedrooms. This could be a problem if you need to have one room with a king size bed and another with two double beds.

The breakfast buffet was very good but the dining area is not very big. An alternative would be to take breakfast back to the room like I did or to eat out in the terrace.

The two bedroom suite package comes with 4 roundtrip shuttle passes and 2 parking spaces. Additional shuttle tickets will cost you $6.00 roundtrip. The shuttle service was very efficient both ways. I was impressed with their cordial service.

If you want peace of mind and great service from both the hotel and their shuttle company, give the Marriott Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach Residence Inn a try. You will have a comfortable pre-cruise experience. Keep Traveling..

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I travel quite a bit for work and often I need to have week-long stays at Cape Canaveral. I have stayed at several hotels in the area but once I found this hotel I have not booked a single night anywhere else. The hotel is very well staffed, which is atypical for the area. The place is kept impeccable, it has spacious and modern common areas, free wifi, very nice pool and jacuzzi, gym etc. Their breakfast is simply awesome with a wide variety of cold and hot choices, fruits, waffles, yogurts, cereals, breads etc. The rooms are awesome and have kitchens, and living rooms! They even have free dinners, wine etc. on some week days (I really like the burgers in Wednesdays, which are grilled by the manager himself). But what I like the most about this hotel is the staff. These people will go out of their way to make you feel at home. I strongly, strongly recommend this hotel for your stay in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review and your business! Hope to see you again soon.

Been to Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach? Share your experiences!