We chose this property as an option from staying typically at all inclusive properties in Jamaica and/or Mexico. We booked while it was still Ron Jon's - a 2 bedroom ocean front room. The room was not ready by 4 (as promised) but we did get a call about 4:30 - and we were fine to use the swimming pool until the room was ready. I had thought that we booked a unit with the 'double' patio - but I was told that owners get first pick of units - and they always take those first. No problem - our was fine. Our room was on the 5th floor - and honestly - I don't believe that you would see the ocean if you stayed on the first 2 floors.
The unit was VERY clean upon our arrival - and the Wednesday 'tidy service' brought our unit to spic and span again (loved the smell of CLEAN)!
The unit was well stocked with kitchen items like pots, dishes, utensils. We didn't realize that the ice maker in the refrigerator worked - so we bought a large bag of ice for the week.
It would have been nice to have a pool of some sort for the ocean front rooms. We ended up just driving to the main building and back every time we wanted to use the pool.
LOVED the live music thurs - sun but otherwise, kind of quiet around the pool area. Some places you could hear music - maybe just need to be near the speakers.
Silly to close the slide and lazy river by like 6pm. We thought that whole pool area was busier in the evenings that during the day.
The beach 'towels' - if you want to use an actual beach towel - bring it from home. We used the small white ones provided by the property - and just washed them every night when we came in for the night. There is a towel exchange option - but this was just easier.
If you are in the ocean front rooms - you have a view of watching the ships come in and out of port. Very cool - you are also right next to a camp ground - not a problem at all though.
When we were there - you could not use your room key to charge purchases in the bar, restaurant or gift shop. That would have been a bonus - to not have to carry cash or a credit card.
The property was clean - the pool area lovely - the grocery store is not close (that we saw). That would have been nice - it was just a little drive away (maybe 3-5 miles)?
There really is nothing to complain about - it was exactly as represented online.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Space Coast adventure, beachfront beauty and the excitement of one of the busiest cruise ports in the world, this resort provides maximum fun, entertainment and relaxation all in one place. Before you ever leave the resort, you'll discover a swimming pool, lazy river and hot tub to soak your cares away. Try the onsite mini golf course, elevated tennis and basketball courts and onsite exercise room. For kids, there's a big indoor play area with an attached child care center, a multi-row movie theater and much more. From the spacious game room to plenty of onsite activities, you won't be lost for things to do. And your roomy accommodations are perfect for settling in and staying a while. With direct beach access, an onsite restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating, a gift shop for souvenirs and incidentals and plenty of activities, you'll never be at a loss for breezy Florida Space Coast fun! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Despegar.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations Cape Canaveral Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ron Jon Cape Caribe Hotel Cape Canaveral
- Ron Jon Cape Caribe Resort Cocoa Beach
- Ron Jon Resort
- Ron Jon Hotel
- Ron Jon Cape Canaveral
- Ron Jon Cape Caribe Fl