“Very nice resort, but children oriented” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Club Vacations Cape Canaveral Beach Resort

You added Holiday Inn Club Vacations Cape Canaveral Beach Resort to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Cape Canaveral Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1000 Shorewood Drive, Cape Canaveral, FL 32920 (Formerly Ron Jon Cape Caribe Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Cape Canaveral
DeLand
“Very nice resort, but children oriented”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

My wife and I spent the week at Ron Jon’s the last week in September. We had purchased a week at a highly reduced rate subsequent to a time share sales pitch the year before. We own several RCI tradable weeks as part of an interval ownership property at a mountain resort in Georgia, and certainly did not need to buy any more weeks. However, we visited the resort for the pitch to see if we might want to trade weeks to stay there. The incentives to attend the tour and presentation were very good as was the tour. The price to own one week every year (floating weeks) are way overpriced….about $24,000 for the best units. We had to endure the continued attempts at the end of the presentation to sell you a week, but at the end we were given an opportunity to rent a week in a Deluxe Villa (very big and very attractive) at less than half the price of what it would rent for. We hosted family members during the week with plenty of space and things to do. However, it is important to point out that this is definitely a place for people with children. It is not a laid back adult getaway resort. As the descriptions of the property indicate it is more like an amusement park. I read a recent review that likened to “Wally World” I would concur. None the less, it is a very nice place. Rental prices are high, but more reasonable if you book well in advance and off season.

Room Tip: Staying in the main building is a must if you want to enjoy the amenities. You have to be a least on...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Lighthouse Point, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Nice place with tons of amenities for kids.Seems like it's really geared towards children .Restaurant is just ok , I felt like I was in an airport bar restaurant .Beware if you stay on the oceanfront tower , their are tons of raccoons that will come rite up to you with absolutely no fear,especially If your unit in on the ground floor. The 2 bedroom 2 bath rooms are nice and clean and it is very quiet at the ocean tower.
This place is keyed towards family with children only.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I (w/our children) spent the night at the resort, took the "time share tour" totall joke..... its not worth the money. The resort is beautiful and has all the great things, sm water park, in-side play area for the sm ones, movie theather, putt-putt golf, tennis, beach. Rooms are beautiful. I cant say enough great things about the place. NOW let me tell you the real deal. I owned at this resort many years ago w/a friend, we could NEVER make reservation to spend the weekend ever... and we were owners, we sold our vacation week which they promised they could get top money for during Bike Week, they only sold 2 of our 7 days, so we lost our week. The reason I went back was to see if things had changed and after 7 yrs everything was still the same. Dont waste your money!!!! Consider yourself warned!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Myself and 11 other family/friends stayed in 2 separate villas at the Ron Jon Resort pool location. The villas were beautiful 2 bedroom/2 bath suites that can comfortably sleep 8 people. One room in the villa had a King-sized bed, the other two queens and a pull-out sofa bed in the living room. There is a full kitchen and balcony that connects the master bedroom to the living room. The villas were comfortable with beach-vacay type decor, silver-ware, glass cups/plates, coffee maker, blender, 3 TV's total, and even a washer/dryer unit. Exactly like an average sized 2/2 apartment! This part of the resort included a lazy-river and slide in the pool area. Although we did not stay on the beach-front building, there is an ongoing trolley that will transport you to the beach in about 5 minutes (if not less). On the beach there are available rentals for bikes, surf boards, boogie boards, beach chairs, umbrellas, etc. I wish the waves were bigger to actually surf this trip, but better luck next time! Overall, I enjoyed the resort and will definitely make plans to return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

You have many options here. They have full blown 2 bedroom villa/condo style rooms or you can get something smaller. And the best thing is you DONT HAVE TO LEAVE. You can get a villa with a kitchen so you can make food there or they have a restaurant on site. The beach is there too! This is a great getaway for the kids. It has a fun waterpark that everyone will enjoy.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed at the Ron Jon Resort last month in a Studio. I originally booked the room because my in-laws were also staying at a timeshare on Cocoa Beach. My son in only two years old and he's a little intimidated by the ocean, so we thought the pool at Ron Jon would be better suited for him.

Although we had already booked the studio, we were approached by a sales person at the Ron Jon Shop on Cocoa Beach and asked if we would be interested in taking a tour of the resort. We had no intention of purchasing a timeshare, but figured why not? The incentives were pretty good; a $50 Gift Card and a voucher for a future night's stay in a Studio room.
We dropped our kids off with my in-laws and arrived early for our 9am tour. We knew that it was a 90minute tour and by the time it was finished, we hoped we would be able to check in to our room. If not, we could always hang by the pool until it was ready.
The tour guide was pleasant and didn't give us the hard sales pitch. He was respectful and we were out of there in the time promised. Luckily, we were able to check into our room around 11:30am. We were in an end unit Studio on the fourth floor 1401B. The room had a queen sized bed and a pull out couch. I slept in the bed with my son and my husband slept on the couch bed. He said it was comfortable. I called ahead to ask about sleeping arrangements for the baby. I was told that cribs were available upon check-in on a first come first serve basis, but I opted to bring a pack-n-play and he just slept there. I loved the location. We were right by the elevator and trash shoot. You might think to yourself, why on earth would you want to be near the trash shoot? Well, when you have a 2yr old and a 6th month old, you don’t want to be putting stinky diapers in the garbage cans in your room.

The resort is great, especially for younger children. The pool, lazy river and "just for tots" pool were a hit with my 2 year old. We played in the pool then took a walk over the Jetty Park. We enjoyed happy hour at the resort's restaurant. We ordered out for dinner from a place called Kelsey's. Check out my other review. I even got a massage which was AMAZING!!! The masseuse was named Cheryl and she was fabulous! My children are early risers. My 2 year old loved going the children's play area and having it entirely to himself at 7am! All the employees we encountered were extremely friendly.

Next time, I will book a 1bd/1ba condo and request a high floor with a pool view. I would prefer a little more room and a full kitchen.

Room Tip: I think NO2Diver said it best. “If you want to see the ocean, pick the ocean view rooms...but know y...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Homosassa Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed this past week at Ron Jon with friends and are already planning our week to go back! I read some of the negative reviews, and all I can say is "Are you kidding? Some people had to look really hard to find something to complain about...really hard.

We arrived early. Intentionally. Because we knew we could hang out by the pool until our room was ready. Helllooooo Rooms aren't ready til 4pm. Can't help that people are slobs and it takes house cleaning so long to go through a 1250sq foot condo. My cleaning lady takes 3 hours to do our house..think about how long it takes you to scrub your house?

We played in the pool then had an early dinner til about 4pm (when we could get our room). We chose the main building because we had kids staying with us, and enjoyed watching over all the activity of the pool below. But here's a news flash for those who can't/won't/refuse to do some homework on the vacation they're paying for. The "Oceanview rooms are near/on the ocean...away from the main building...and all that the main building has...if you want solitude, and you want to look at the ocean, book the ocean front building...but then don't complain because everything you want to do is back at the main building because it's all explained on this web site, and the resort's web site!

Our 2bd/2ba condo/suite was perfect for 6 adults and 2 kids. Everyone had a bed, every bed had a TV. The kitchen was...a kitchen. If you come to cook Thanksgiving Dinner, then I'd suggest you bring everything YOU need, but for those who come on vacation and make simple vacation type meals and want to play and have fun the rest of the time, the kitchen worked out perfectly.

All the employees we encountered were friendly, helpful and happy. We had a special room request and it was met and exceeded by the front desk staff. From the guy who monitored the waterslide, to the waitress in the Grill, to the front desk clerks, everyone was terrific and 5 Star all the way!

We enjoyed seeing the cruise ships from our balcony, my husband loved that on-site movie theater, I was enjoying the pool, or family enjoyed the resort. If you're looking for other dining options besides The Grill there on site, there are other places within 4-5min (including getting in your vehicle) away.

Some people complained there wasn't much to do there. Vacations are all about 'slowing down' and taking time to enjoy being with the people you're there with. Maybe I see family time differently, I donno.

Book this place. Enjoy the pool. Take the Tram out to the beach/Ocean. Enjoy the sunrise. Enjoy spending quality time with your family..

Room Tip: If you want to see the ocean, pick the ocean view rooms...but know you're going to have to trave...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
SKirby369, Compliance Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Cape Canaveral Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your great review! It's so nice to see our guests doing what they are supposed to be doing on vacation...slowing down and making memories with their loved ones. Thanks again for taking the time to let us know about your stay!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Canaveral
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
#13 of 33 in Cocoa Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 1,189 reviews
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Cape Canaveral Beach Resort? Share your experiences!