“Great vacation spot.” 5 of 5 stars

1000 Shorewood Drive, Cape Canaveral, FL 32920   |
Titusville, Florida, United States
“Great vacation spot.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Spent a week at the resort on the ocean. Our room was on the ocean. Watched boats going in and out of the harbor, nice place for kids and family. Villas are roomy and well stocked with dishes, full kitchen, etc. Kids will love the water slide and lazy river. There is a theater, game room, miniture golf, etc. Located close to other activities in Cocoa Beach and Disney. Relax, get a massage....it was great!

Room Tip: All rooms were quiet, some have better views than other. Didn't stay in the building by the poo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

551 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
branson, mo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Great resort and staff was prompt and nice about everything. Condo was great in size and clean. The only complaint is more of a design issue as well as a people issue. All the bedrooms were at the entrance to the condo which also is next to the inner corridor walkway to everyone's room. We were woke up pretty much every night by kids running, drunk parents yelling at kids. They have a please keep it quiet sign posted but you cannot control idiots. One night it was extremely bad at 2am, was ready to go outside since kids running dropped and broke computer and dad had to scream and cuss out his son. Security came along and disbursed but woke our whole family up. get the feeling this is a regular problem.

Would go back and would pick as high up facing north for cruise ships going by or overlooking pool. Main building is at front of resort w pool next door. There is then a second building then all the way back at the beach and it has no amenities so you would have to hoof it back to main bldg or catch their tram.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Vero Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

This is my second visit and second review here. I always do my best to add some thing helpful, remain positive and add value to readers. So..... With that said here we go! The rooms are clean and you can for sure be self contained when you stay here. The pool and grounds are family friendly, your kids will really love this place. That being said, other than the pool bar and putt putt there is not a ton do do at the resort it self. Of course you can take great beach walks and hang at the beach, that is a given. I was AGAIN, dissatisfied with the service at the pool bar. I don't know why they won't keep people there to fully staff it. At one point I just left and got a drink from my room.

You are in a great location no doubt! Close to many things to be touristy. My favorite part is the beach and the monster jacuzzi. I would sum this place up as a tourist haven, that is fun for kids. If you are like me and want to be where the locals hang then go down the street. Otherwise it is what it is for a time share resort. Welcome to sunny Florida!

Room Tip: Go to the port and try the different restaurants. Especially when the fishing boats come in!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We rented a 2 BR, 2 bathroom stayed in room 1312, considered the 3 rd floor. Wonderful clean and well maintained unit. Our friends ended up not being able to come with us, so not sure if the 2 beds in second bedroom are comfy or not, but we slept very well in our king bed (and we are temper-pedic owners) even sleeping 10 hrs we didn't have sore backs! Our room was in the main building and the master bedroom patio area overlooked the jacuzzis and water park area. The master bath had a jacuzzi tub and separate shower.Master bedroom had a king bed, 2 night stands with lamps, a dresser with a flat screen TV and a huge walk in closet. Guest room had 2 double beds, a 13" (?or 14" ) flat screen TV and chest of drawers with night stand and lamp and a stand alone single closet? The temperature of the whole unit is easy to maintain as each room has a ceiling fan therefore you don't need to run the AC as much. Elevators seemed quick-- never a long wait!

We checked in on Sunday, and Thursday was our day that housekeeping came in to change towels and restock everything, from extra paper towels to more shampoo and soap( both for shower and for laundry or dishwasher). The kitchen is well stocked with coffee ( can go to front desk to get more) and creamer and sugar packets...but if you need salt and pepper be sure to bring some with you ! Otherwise plenty of glasses, cups, plates and cooking pans, also blender, 4 slice toaster rounds out the kitchen utilities.....The stove, microwave, and refrigerator are all full sized, only the washer/ dryer combo are "apartment sized". But towels are plentiful and there is a place to get fresh towels here in the main building at any time. We also had our bed linens changed with the maid service, but didn't really need it, we had not stripped the bed in the morning, but the bed was fresh made after the cleaning was done. I had 2 items soaking in the sink and they added them to the dishwasher and then ran it while they were in cleaning too!

There is steel drum music from the pool area played usually from 830 AM until 10 PM but you can hardly hear it with the patio doors closed-- it certainly did not keep us awake! Beach is a short tram ride or walk from main building, as well as there is one other resort building right on the beach. A few steps away is the pier, and the weekends are full of fun as you see the cruise ships enter and leave port.

I look forward to a return trip, hopefully soon! We had a very relaxing and wonderful vacation here! Kudos to a couple resort people that went way above and beyond their "job" to reach out and make us feel like family here: Marcus at the front desk is especially helpful and very knowledgeable! And Norma the tram driver was simply the most delightful lady to visit with as we utilized her tram to take us to the beach! I highly recommend they be given high praises or even
given a raise soon, they made our trip!

Room Tip: Request at least a 2nd or 3rd level room if possible. did not use room service, or the spa therefo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
SKirby369, Corporate Compliance Manager at Ron Jon Cape Caribe Resort, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad that you had such a wonderful stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
GALENA,OHIO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

We exchanged our timeshare to stay here. Was a little disappointed as I could only trade into a studio and own a 2 bedroom. The studio does not have a balcony and is small, but it was just my husband and myself. The beds were quite hard. The resort itself is a kids paradise with activities, inside playroom and outside water park. The pool area was very nice. Pool attendants checked to be sure you were wearing the wrist band and entrance required your key card. Pool towels were in your room and could exchange daily at the laundryfacility. We ate a light dinner at the restaurant which was good and also offer 2 for 1 beer and well drinks at happy hour. The beach is a short walk or tram is offered. This I a timeshare so of course they entice you with offers. An envelope was left on our door, even though wasn't a bad offer, couldn't talk my husband into sitting through the presentation. We did go on he victory casino and had fun, but no winnings. I would visit here again. The building that is on the ocean has the 2 bedroom
Units I do believe. The one and studio are by the pool. They will be building more buildings I the future. We saw some sea turtles on the property by the dunes.

• Stayed November 2012
Burlington, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I would have liked to have rated this a 3 plus rating instead of the 4 because I think they just missed the boat on a few thingsbut were are spot on - on others.

Check In:
Went very smooth, I requested a room near the elevator because of health issues and I got it. Terry checked us in and he was very helpful on suggesting places to eat and showing where to go on the local map they have.

Rooms:
We had a one bedroom lockout. It had two double beds in it. (I do prefer a king-I think they do have them available but was not given a choice at the time of check in I assumed all rooms had a king size bed) The room had one table between the beds, one six drawer dresser, a TV on the dresser and two wall lamps- one on the far left of the left bed and one far right of the right bed.

OK, it appears that the owners do not sleep in these rooms. The lighting was poor in our bedroom. You almost had to get out of bed to switch the light(s) off because the switch controlled both lights or you could reach up real high and switch your own light off. The TV was an larger older TV and took up alot of room on the dresser. The dresser was kind of beat up and should have been replaced.

I enjoy reading at night and it was close to impossible the way they had it set up to get good lighting to do so. It would have been nice to have a lamp on the bedside table, and would have been even better if there were two tables. I use a C-Pap at night and there really was not space for that and their phone.

The beds were pretty cheap along with the pillows. My husbands back suffered for it after a few days. They have a mattress pad that sits directly on top of the mattress that must be a mositure barrier pad (instead of a standard mattress pad) that would make your skin sweat after lying on it for a few hours. I would suggest they put a regular mattress pad over it to prevent that from happening. Very uncomfortable .

The refrigerator froze some of our food which we had to toss. My husband managed to turn it up to keep it from doing that.

The bathroom did not have a bath tub, just a shower. Unlucky me only uses a bath tub so I had to shower all that week. Oh well --.

The air conditioner/heater was very noisy and hard to regulate. It was either too cold or too warm and we had to keep playing with it on a nighly basis. The bedroom was not located right next to it, thank God, so it didn' keep us up nights. We did have keep the bedroom door closed to tune the sound out.

If you stay for a week they do a "refresh" of the room midweek, ask the front desk what day yours is on when you check in. A refresh usually includes fresh linen, which you have to remove the soiled linen off bed and you make the bed up with the fresh linen when you return. But when we returned to our room the maid had made our beds so I don't really know if this is part of the REFRESH service or not. They also replenish a few supplies, dish soap, hand and bath soap, toliet paper etc. We own another timeshare that will give you an option of daily maid service for an extra fee, this resort does not offer that.

Towels:
The towels in the bathroom are of good quality. You are allowed to exchange towels, once a day, not far from the lobby area, , Other timeshares we have been to,all you have to do is call housekeeping and someone comes to your room with clean ones and you hand over any soiled ones, instead of hauling armfuls of towels every day. The pool towels are small and cheap looking. You exchange these the same way.

Internet:
They do offer free internet service in your room. This is good. You do have to sign into it everyday, it only stays on for 24 hours and then you have to sign on again. If you use the internet a lot you might want to be aware of what time it was the last time that you signed on. I lost data while on line because the 24 hours was up and I was in the middle of something on line. (I was trying to process a review this resort on the trip advisor and was transmitting it and lost everything, so now I am doing this review a second time).

Washer and Dryer:
In the room, they are very small units but still do a good job. They give you a few small boxes of soup and dryer sheets and you can get more supplies in the gift shop.

Handicap:
They are very handicap friendly. Call them to see what they offer for your special needs.

Shopping:
There are grocery stores not too far from the resort and there is a Walmart within several miles.

Very Family Friendly - lots to offer smaller children play indoor areas and special activities for them.

Timeshare Presentation:
They put a slip in your door a day after check in telling your how to get $75.00. It was to go on their timeshare presentation. They said it would take between 60-90 minutes. It wasn't too bad, it lasted 90 minutes for us. We didn't buy, we already own a couple of them, You could get the $75 in check or 3-$25 coupons for their restaurant.

On site restaurant:

Indoors, very nice decor keeping with the Ron Jon surf theme, food was good they have a bar inside and it was moderately priced. They do not serve breakfast. The pool area also has a restaurant outside and an outdoor bar.

Beach:

Beach is 700 yards away, 10-15 minute walk and they offer a free golf shuttle that goes back and forth every 10-15 minutes. Very nice beach. You can rent chairs and unbrella there.

The air was chilly when we were there so we did not go swimming,

The resort is close to Coco Beach and next to the cruse ship docks. The gambling ship, "The Victory", will pick you up for free at the resort for the 5 hour cruise and bring you back.

Pool area:
Very nice, the water park area was not as big as I thought it would be but nice for the little ones. They have a nice size hot tub but no quiet pool for adults and the kids go in the hot tub a lot. They have a lazy river, not over the top by any means, pretty basic with a good size tube type water slide. The lazy river is 2' 9" deep and just goes around the pool area. I understand they keep the pool heated in the mid 80's. When we went in the pool seemed more in the lower 80's but not too bad. .The air was on the cool side because of Hurricane Sandy, low 70's.

Entertainment:
They have a weekly calendar aimed mostly at the younger folk. They offer a few shows during the week at a very low fee, Magic show, animal awareness and prices are usually under $5.00 a person, very cheap. Otherwise no adult nightly entertainment that I was aware of.

Our room had a VHS and a DVD player in the living room area and they have a nice selection of DVD's to rent downstair. I didn't notice any R rated ones on the list.

They also have a free movie theather to go to that seems to have a movie playing most of the day and night the last one starts at 9 PM. They have a list of what is playing at the front desk.

Check out:
They do not have any bell boys so you can use the available carts that are located in the lobby. They do have a good supply of them.

They do not offer a early check out to avoid a rush in the morning. With a 10 am check out it could be very busy. What we were able to do was settle our bill the night before leaving and called just before we left the room and told them we were leaving and that was it. As it turns out there was no rush to be worried about when we left at 9:30AM.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is mostly a family type resort. Not what we are use to being in our early 60's and the Older citizens might want to go when the kids are in school if they want a more quiet relaxing time.

If you are planning a cruise this is the closest place to stay which is right by the port where the cruise ship terminal is.

They said they were booked solid when we were there but it didn't seem so to us.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
SKirby369, Corporate Compliance Manager at Ron Jon Cape Caribe Resort, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post such a comprehensive review of our property. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the Cocoa Beach area!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We found this place on TripAdvisor since we decided to stay close to the Space Center for one night rather than drive from Orlando. We liked this resort so much after we checked in that we extended our stay here for an extra day. The amenities are wonderful, especially if you have kids. Big swimming pool and water park, mini golf, arcade, indoor playroom and nightly live shows for the family. Parking and Internet service are free. The staff is very friendly and accomodation. Important: this place is not a normal hotel but a timeshare! so you can choose from various apartment sizes but they do not provide daily housekeeping. They do provide you with all the supplies you need and have a place where you can switch out your towels and get additional supplies as necessary. The apartments are very well equipped and even the studios have 2 televisions with endless channels, full kitchen supplies and jacuzzi bathtubs. The negatives were that the hot tubs by the pool were barely warm and the onsite Restuarant was unacceptable ( that is a separate review).

Room Tip: If you are going to spend more time in your room than just sleeping, then don't go for the Studi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
SKirby369, Corporate Compliance Manager at Ron Jon Cape Caribe Resort, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay. We do apologize that our hot tub was not as warm as you would like; as we keep it programmed at 104*. Please keep us in mind for your next family vacation! And remember that returning guests receive 10% off their stay! Thanks again!

Been to Ron Jon Cape Caribe Resort? Share your experiences!