“Relaxing vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Club Vacations Cape Canaveral Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Club Vacations Cape Canaveral Beach Resort to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Cape Canaveral Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1000 Shorewood Drive, Cape Canaveral, FL 32920 (Formerly Ron Jon Cape Caribe Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Cape Canaveral
GALENA,OHIO
“Relaxing vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

We exchanged our timeshare to stay here. Was a little disappointed as I could only trade into a studio and own a 2 bedroom. The studio does not have a balcony and is small, but it was just my husband and myself. The beds were quite hard. The resort itself is a kids paradise with activities, inside playroom and outside water park. The pool area was very nice. Pool attendants checked to be sure you were wearing the wrist band and entrance required your key card. Pool towels were in your room and could exchange daily at the laundryfacility. We ate a light dinner at the restaurant which was good and also offer 2 for 1 beer and well drinks at happy hour. The beach is a short walk or tram is offered. This I a timeshare so of course they entice you with offers. An envelope was left on our door, even though wasn't a bad offer, couldn't talk my husband into sitting through the presentation. We did go on he victory casino and had fun, but no winnings. I would visit here again. The building that is on the ocean has the 2 bedroom
Units I do believe. The one and studio are by the pool. They will be building more buildings I the future. We saw some sea turtles on the property by the dunes.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Burlington, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I would have liked to have rated this a 3 plus rating instead of the 4 because I think they just missed the boat on a few thingsbut were are spot on - on others.

Check In:
Went very smooth, I requested a room near the elevator because of health issues and I got it. Terry checked us in and he was very helpful on suggesting places to eat and showing where to go on the local map they have.

Rooms:
We had a one bedroom lockout. It had two double beds in it. (I do prefer a king-I think they do have them available but was not given a choice at the time of check in I assumed all rooms had a king size bed) The room had one table between the beds, one six drawer dresser, a TV on the dresser and two wall lamps- one on the far left of the left bed and one far right of the right bed.

OK, it appears that the owners do not sleep in these rooms. The lighting was poor in our bedroom. You almost had to get out of bed to switch the light(s) off because the switch controlled both lights or you could reach up real high and switch your own light off. The TV was an larger older TV and took up alot of room on the dresser. The dresser was kind of beat up and should have been replaced.

I enjoy reading at night and it was close to impossible the way they had it set up to get good lighting to do so. It would have been nice to have a lamp on the bedside table, and would have been even better if there were two tables. I use a C-Pap at night and there really was not space for that and their phone.

The beds were pretty cheap along with the pillows. My husbands back suffered for it after a few days. They have a mattress pad that sits directly on top of the mattress that must be a mositure barrier pad (instead of a standard mattress pad) that would make your skin sweat after lying on it for a few hours. I would suggest they put a regular mattress pad over it to prevent that from happening. Very uncomfortable .

The refrigerator froze some of our food which we had to toss. My husband managed to turn it up to keep it from doing that.

The bathroom did not have a bath tub, just a shower. Unlucky me only uses a bath tub so I had to shower all that week. Oh well --.

The air conditioner/heater was very noisy and hard to regulate. It was either too cold or too warm and we had to keep playing with it on a nighly basis. The bedroom was not located right next to it, thank God, so it didn' keep us up nights. We did have keep the bedroom door closed to tune the sound out.

If you stay for a week they do a "refresh" of the room midweek, ask the front desk what day yours is on when you check in. A refresh usually includes fresh linen, which you have to remove the soiled linen off bed and you make the bed up with the fresh linen when you return. But when we returned to our room the maid had made our beds so I don't really know if this is part of the REFRESH service or not. They also replenish a few supplies, dish soap, hand and bath soap, toliet paper etc. We own another timeshare that will give you an option of daily maid service for an extra fee, this resort does not offer that.

Towels:
The towels in the bathroom are of good quality. You are allowed to exchange towels, once a day, not far from the lobby area, , Other timeshares we have been to,all you have to do is call housekeeping and someone comes to your room with clean ones and you hand over any soiled ones, instead of hauling armfuls of towels every day. The pool towels are small and cheap looking. You exchange these the same way.

Internet:
They do offer free internet service in your room. This is good. You do have to sign into it everyday, it only stays on for 24 hours and then you have to sign on again. If you use the internet a lot you might want to be aware of what time it was the last time that you signed on. I lost data while on line because the 24 hours was up and I was in the middle of something on line. (I was trying to process a review this resort on the trip advisor and was transmitting it and lost everything, so now I am doing this review a second time).

Washer and Dryer:
In the room, they are very small units but still do a good job. They give you a few small boxes of soup and dryer sheets and you can get more supplies in the gift shop.

Handicap:
They are very handicap friendly. Call them to see what they offer for your special needs.

Shopping:
There are grocery stores not too far from the resort and there is a Walmart within several miles.

Very Family Friendly - lots to offer smaller children play indoor areas and special activities for them.

Timeshare Presentation:
They put a slip in your door a day after check in telling your how to get $75.00. It was to go on their timeshare presentation. They said it would take between 60-90 minutes. It wasn't too bad, it lasted 90 minutes for us. We didn't buy, we already own a couple of them, You could get the $75 in check or 3-$25 coupons for their restaurant.

On site restaurant:

Indoors, very nice decor keeping with the Ron Jon surf theme, food was good they have a bar inside and it was moderately priced. They do not serve breakfast. The pool area also has a restaurant outside and an outdoor bar.

Beach:

Beach is 700 yards away, 10-15 minute walk and they offer a free golf shuttle that goes back and forth every 10-15 minutes. Very nice beach. You can rent chairs and unbrella there.

The air was chilly when we were there so we did not go swimming,

The resort is close to Coco Beach and next to the cruse ship docks. The gambling ship, "The Victory", will pick you up for free at the resort for the 5 hour cruise and bring you back.

Pool area:
Very nice, the water park area was not as big as I thought it would be but nice for the little ones. They have a nice size hot tub but no quiet pool for adults and the kids go in the hot tub a lot. They have a lazy river, not over the top by any means, pretty basic with a good size tube type water slide. The lazy river is 2' 9" deep and just goes around the pool area. I understand they keep the pool heated in the mid 80's. When we went in the pool seemed more in the lower 80's but not too bad. .The air was on the cool side because of Hurricane Sandy, low 70's.

Entertainment:
They have a weekly calendar aimed mostly at the younger folk. They offer a few shows during the week at a very low fee, Magic show, animal awareness and prices are usually under $5.00 a person, very cheap. Otherwise no adult nightly entertainment that I was aware of.

Our room had a VHS and a DVD player in the living room area and they have a nice selection of DVD's to rent downstair. I didn't notice any R rated ones on the list.

They also have a free movie theather to go to that seems to have a movie playing most of the day and night the last one starts at 9 PM. They have a list of what is playing at the front desk.

Check out:
They do not have any bell boys so you can use the available carts that are located in the lobby. They do have a good supply of them.

They do not offer a early check out to avoid a rush in the morning. With a 10 am check out it could be very busy. What we were able to do was settle our bill the night before leaving and called just before we left the room and told them we were leaving and that was it. As it turns out there was no rush to be worried about when we left at 9:30AM.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is mostly a family type resort. Not what we are use to being in our early 60's and the Older citizens might want to go when the kids are in school if they want a more quiet relaxing time.

If you are planning a cruise this is the closest place to stay which is right by the port where the cruise ship terminal is.

They said they were booked solid when we were there but it didn't seem so to us.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
SKirby369, Corporate Compliance Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Cape Canaveral Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post such a comprehensive review of our property. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the Cocoa Beach area!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We found this place on TripAdvisor since we decided to stay close to the Space Center for one night rather than drive from Orlando. We liked this resort so much after we checked in that we extended our stay here for an extra day. The amenities are wonderful, especially if you have kids. Big swimming pool and water park, mini golf, arcade, indoor playroom and nightly live shows for the family. Parking and Internet service are free. The staff is very friendly and accomodation. Important: this place is not a normal hotel but a timeshare! so you can choose from various apartment sizes but they do not provide daily housekeeping. They do provide you with all the supplies you need and have a place where you can switch out your towels and get additional supplies as necessary. The apartments are very well equipped and even the studios have 2 televisions with endless channels, full kitchen supplies and jacuzzi bathtubs. The negatives were that the hot tubs by the pool were barely warm and the onsite Restuarant was unacceptable ( that is a separate review).

Room Tip: If you are going to spend more time in your room than just sleeping, then don't go for the Studi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
SKirby369, Corporate Compliance Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Cape Canaveral Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay. We do apologize that our hot tub was not as warm as you would like; as we keep it programmed at 104*. Please keep us in mind for your next family vacation! And remember that returning guests receive 10% off their stay! Thanks again!
Fairfield, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We did not stay at this hotel on our vacation but we went to see it for a tour the facilities are absolutely beautiful. Great pool,lazy river etc. The views from some of the units are gorgeous. Would be great for a family vacation.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

While making vacation arrangements for my family, I found some very good deals through the Cocoa Beach Chamber of Commerce. Part of the deal to some of these offers was to visit Ron Jons property. I figured we would be in and out in no time because we had never found any properties we had any interest in, until now. We were so impressed with what we saw that we canceled the last night of our stay at another hotel and stayed here. It was excellent. My sons(teenagers) had a wonderful time in the pool, the lazy river and the slide. They had their own room( which also means not mine) to relax in and their own bathroom. My husband and I had a very spacious room and private!! bathroom that were very clean and well stocked. There was a balcony overlooking the pool, a living room-dining area and a full kitchen. The restaurant on the main floor was very good and decently priced. I can't wait to go back. I fell asleep that night to the sounds of a steel drum band playing by the poolside, it was the best night of sleep the entire vacation.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed here two nights (the night before we got on a cruise and the night after we got off the cruise). We had a one bedroom villa with a pool view. The room was clean and spacious. We loved the large balcony off the living room. This resort has an excellent swimming area for adults and kids. Even though we had no kids with us, we all kept remarking how awesome it would be for kiddos since there's the play areas inside and half of the pool area is set up as a kids waterpark. They also have stuff like movies, putt putt, etc so there is plenty to do. If you're bored its your own fault. As far as the staff goes, we found everyone to be friendly and helpful. We had no problems during our stay. The only negative we experienced involved the beds...they are very hard. We will definitely be returning to this resort!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Our friends own at Ron Jon. It was our first time. Gorgeous walking through the lobby. The room, loved it. A 1 bedroom unit with 2 double beds, yes both couples fit comfortably in the beds. Living room and kitchen were just fine, when we were done with the pools we mainly sat on the lanai anyways with our view of the boats and ocean. We were able to find seats and the kids, and us enjoyed the lazy river and pool. Even had fun on the slide. The restaurant there was reasonably priced for food. The food was good too. Alcohol drinks a little pricey, but usually are.

I look forward to going there again. Oh, they did have a shuttle to get to the beach, but it is also an enjoyable walk.

Room Tip: ocean view up high
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Cape Canaveral Beach Resort? Share your experiences!