“Good fishing trip for its price” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 23 Activities in Cape Canaveral
Type: Water sports, Adventure
Orlando, Florida
5 attraction reviews
“Good fishing trip for its price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I have no idea why so many negative reviews here. Ship is normal, team is good and helpful. Somebody got sea sick and that's why giving people 1*? Really? Nobody helped you with illness? Did you book fishing boat or room in hospital? Missed dates of your groupon and tried to use it last moment and it's not your fault? Come on... You are paying deep discounted groupon prices and expect 10M fishing boat with picture perfect Disney-cruise service???
OK. That's lyrics.
If you know why you are going fishing and what fishing on boat is - go there without hesitation. Groupon almost always has their trips and it is cheap. I would suggest taking your own food as their cooking is not good for my taste. That's why i gave 4 of 5 stars. Good Luck :)

Visited March 2013

Utica, Michigan
“got taken by pro's”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

First timer yes bought the jackpot for 5 dollars too so for 55 dollars this is what I got.Half a day of fishing not catching. Thats what the crew as well as the captain called it.Because he had no idea where the fish were we went 20 miles out and no fish were caught so rather than given money for jackpot back to people who put in for it.Instead crew kept it .So to sum it up for 55 bucks I got a prison patty burger warm beer for 2 dollars each no fish a boat ride.Which everyone was told to go in galley with the sick folks or go up to the deck that has no seats and is painted dark gray .Try sitting on a dark gray surface in 92 degree sunny weather so they could wash the boat because they didn't want to be on the boat after taking advantage of a full boat of people with a crew of crooks and a captain that has no clue of fishing.Fact is other charters were getting there fish weighed and cleaned while this joker was counting his heist yes heist because that is what happen not fishing not catching but taken by pro's.I wouldn't be so bitter if the crew would of been more concerned to be more one on one with the paying customers.On the trip out the deck hands requested that no people go to upper deck where captain and crew were hanging out eating rather than meeting the people they are going to be assisting that is what most people who relive on tips do.All in all this was a learning lesson because I always thought to have a business you need to have a skill not the case here so beware of the scam at Ocean Obsessions Charter

Visited May 2013
Winter Haven, Florida
“Worst fishing trip EVER!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

My girlfriend bought a fishing trip with Ocean Obsession through Groupon, and it was set to expire on 4/26 so we scheduled the trip on Saturday 4/20. The lady from the company called me the day before to confirm and let me know that they may have to cancel in the morning due to bad weather conditions. We were driving over from Orlando, so I called the morning of the trip before we drove over and she told me they were going to be fishing that day. When we got there, she asked if we had taken our Dramamine because it might be "a little choppy". I guess that should have been a sign for us to head back home, but I assumed the captain wouldn't take us out if conditions were bad. Boy was I ever wrong!

On the way out, it was a little rocky and my girlfriend was getting nervous. I thought it would be better once we got out to where we were fishing and they dropped the anchors. Once again, I couldn't have been more wrong! The boat was rocking so hard that it was very difficult to fish. We had to hold on to the side rails with one hand to keep from falling over, and somehow bait our lines and fish while the boat violently rocked. Many people began to throw up overboard, and eventually I did the same. Once I threw up, it was all over for me and i was laid up in the galley for the rest of the trip. I counted at least 15 of the 40 people on the ship who were sick and laid out in the galley. When someone asked one of the deck hands if we could go back, he said the captain wouldn't go back because there were other competing fishing companies fishing that day. So his pride was more important to him than the enjoyment of his paying customers? Honestly, I felt like we had been kidnapped by the idiot captain and it was the worst day of fishing I've ever had. I've only gotten sick one other time and the conditions were no where near as bad as they were on this day. Even those who did fish weren't catching many fish, and they might have come back with 5 keepers for the entire boat. I can pretty much guarantee that none of the 40 people will ever use their fishing charter again. DO NOT USE OCEAN OBSESSIONS CHARTERS unless you like to be sick and at the mercy of a reckless captain?!

Visited April 2013
Florida
“BUYER BEWARE!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

BUYER BEWARE!!!! We booked With Obsession Fishing Charters on Groupon for a trip fishing last Labor Day. They called just before the trip and cancelled. We rescheduled for the next time our family would be in town over Thanksgiving. They called just before the sail date and canceled again. The date on our Groupon package was about to expire but the lady at Obsession Charters said don't worry about that, we will put a star by your name and the next time your family is in town you can do a trip no problem. So over a month or so ago we scheduled our trip for Spring Break. Not a word about the date. The Obsession Charters lady even called us last night to remind us what time to arrive today, etc. So we show up at the port to board the ship and she said your tickets have expired and even proceeded to rip up the tickets she just handed us seconds earlier. I said "but don't you remember that you said that there was no problem the last two times your company canceled the trip." She said I don't care if we canceled 4 times, your tickets are now expired. She said that we could pay $50 more to go on the trip we already paid for. I am not sure if this is a scam or what but at the very least it is a very dishonest way to do business. We called later and asked what the owners name was and she was very rude and said that she would not tell us the owners name and said "I am done with you" and hung up on us. My opinion - Book at your own risk.

Visited April 2013
Deland,Florida
9 attraction reviews
“Overcrowded boat and very few fish you can keep.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

The boat can be really crowded if it is full. For a half-day trip it was 1 1/2 hours out and 1 1/2 back that left about 3 hours of fishing time. We had to move several times so 3 hours is not the true fishing time. They provide a hot (breakfast if you are on a full day) and lunch. Tips are "requested" all the time. I find it a bit rude to put signs out and pass the bucket as the crew is standing by watching. At the end of the trip the crew starts to clean the boat with a bleach and water solution. We were requested to move because the bleach would damage our clothes. The outside seating is unavailable for at least an hour so the overcrowded boat passengers have to cram into the interior which is too full to sit in. We hung from the overhead handholds. Take this trip if you want to take a boat ride. Don't take this if you want to catch any fish to take home.

Visited March 2013