“Couldn't have asked for more” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 23 Activities in Cape Canaveral
Type: Boat Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: The Orlando Princess & The Canaveral Star II Fishing Boats go Deep Sea Fishing every day (weather permitting). We offer Half Days, Full Days, Night Shark Trips (March - Oct), and Private Charters. All of our fishing trips are fun for the entire family! We fish for Grouper, Cobia, Sea Bass, Flounder, Triggerfish, Mahi-Mahi, Mangrove Snapper, Red Snapper, Kingfish, Amberjack, Sharks and much more. We are a family owned company and truly gear our service to families!!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Plentywood, Montana
“Couldn't have asked for more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2010

Family of 5 ages 14-71 went on the half day trip. They caught lots of fish and the crew was very helpful. My 21 year old daughter won the pot of money for biggest fish caught. We paid about $250 plus tips to go won the $90 pot and took home a few hundred dollars worth of fish. My family did realize that they might go home with no fish as some days the fish aren't biting. I told them then they'd just have to enjoy the experience. I would highly recommend this to anyone for the price it was great.

dalton
“My recent deep sea fishing trip on your boat was a terrible experience.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

I would not recommend deep sea fishing on the Orlando Princess to my worst enemy. My husband and I took our grandsons out on your boat. The boys were so excited they could hardly wait unable to sleep the night before. I am not nearly as upset that we did not catch any fish, nor did the other 38 people on board our boat catch many fish. The thing I was so upset about were the unfriendly attitude of the entire crew. The boat trip takes approx. an hour and a half out on the ocean before stopping to fish. If the waves on the trip out does not make you sea sick the crew members smoking inside the cabin certainly will. There were so many people standing side by side dropping their lines that most of our time fishing was spend untangling our lines which I must mention we had to bait ourselves. One other thing I certainly would not fall for is paying the extra $5 per person to ship on the stern of the ship as the diesel fuel fumes are extremely nauseating to say the least. This was a big waste of our time and money and our grandchildren were both disappointed and ill. We were told before boarding the ship that vomiting would not be tolerated anywhere on the ship not even in the bathroom the only place that is allowable once they have made you sea sick is to throw up over board in your two foot space. We spent most of our time in the smoke filled cabin with our heads down on the table praying for the time we would arrive back on land.

cappacino
“OK....could have been better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

Overall, the experience was fun and different. We never deep sea fished before and didn't know what to expect. Riding out onto the ocean on the boat going through the big waves was a lot of fun....but after an hour, sea sickness took a hold of us. ( So take a anti-nausea medication ). We then felt terrible but were able to try to do some fishing.
The crew were very helpful and busy. They must have untangled our fishing line 10 times but were very nice and patient with us. They do emphasize that they like tips which was a bit unpleasant because we already paid a lot to get on the boat and I figured if I don't tip I will not get help. The cook on the boat was very nice and while one of us was really getting sick he came out and gave us advice to try to feel better. The food was good but if your seasick....food and beer is just the last thing you want ot have.

The one thing I was not happy with on this trip is the crew do fish along with you and they do use live fish bait and we paying customers us the dead squid and sardines. The crew caught the really big fish. We did catch some little tiny fish but not big enough to keep and eat. So that was very disappointing. If you go on this trip and want to catch some big fish with the crew, bring along your own live bait. The crew didn't even offer the live bait, unless I had to give them a really big tip to get one but I wish I could have used some live bait because then maybe we would have caught a big one and we would have been excited. It didn't happen that way though.

But being out on the boat and experiencing the ocean was totally awsome. Coming back we saw all the cruise ships departing and we waved to all the people on the ship and that was wonderful. We saw dolphins jumping in the water and even a jelly fish swam by.

It was a life enriching experience but make sure you take something for sea-sickness because it would have been 10 times better if we hadn't felt like throwing up the whole time. Everyone was very friendly and that was very nice....but I don't think we will do it again because our family are obviously land-lubbers.

ANTIOCH ILLINOIS
“I fish alot of deep sea fishing boat in fla & this is the best one yet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2009

I travle to fla every yr about feb or march. I fish the east cost most of the time.. From daytona to the keys.. Last yr i started fishing with the orlando princess& canaceral star for 2 1/2 weeks everyday on the all day boat .. some days are better then others . (BUT THATS FISHING) most of the time i caught alot of diffance kinds of fish.. the mates are very helpful and the captin always trys hard to put you on fish.. ( MOST OF THE TIMES DOSE) I LIKE TO GET THE BIG FISH LIKE RED FISH OR GROUPER ECT IF THIS IS WHAT YOUR LOOKING TO GET THAN ASK A 1ST MATE TO SET YOU UP FOR THAT AND BE PATIENCE. AND ASK QUSTIONS. WELL SEE YOU THERE IN MARCH 2010 MY NAME IS LENNY JR SO THE 1ST MATES CALL ME..

st joseph, michigan
“Had a great time.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2009

Food was microwave special hamburgers but edible. Otherwise, crew was very attentive. The captain made every attempt to put all the customers on fish. Only about 20 people on board when we were there so the attention we got was exemplary. Crew was constantly in motion, attending to each passenger's needs from the novice to the experienced. This is a definite must do for all visitors.